HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Art - Just do a drawing every single day and that's 365 drawings in a year. That's exactly what I did, and believe it or not I got an A* in GCSE lol. Anyhow Art is so fun in A level, i even consider it a free period because I draw in my spare time anyway.

Maths - I'm doing maths, I got A* GCSE but it's really hard in A level. So it does require a hell of a lot of effort. Unless you're really good at it anyway that is...

Photography - Like VirginMary said, you don't need an a level to take good photos.

Media - it's seen as a complete doss by a lot of Universities, but I don't do it so I don't know.

History - If you're interested and are able to do weekly essays then yes take it. I would have but i can't handle all the essays

Psychology - Also pretty hard but it's seen as a good A level I think.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Tokens

By the way, I wouldn't really look into "it's seen as a good a level and stuff" too much, because if you do, you'll find you've suddenly picked boring and hard subjects... for what? So it looks good for university? I personally wasn't prepared to sacrifice 2 yrs of my life for them harder ones.
    *Signature Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please in future please remove signature images if the exceed the maximum size for your user group or when removal is when requested.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Throne Sofa View Post
    I disagree Nani, it's better to keep options open at the moment and not do 4 subjects focussed on one possible career path.
    Totally disagree with that.
    What's the next real step from College? University.
    It's certainly time to think about what you want to do in life and University really is the key. But to get into University courses you've got to meet the requirements.
    Of course not one career path, but two then sure.
    But you've got to start to go down the path that you want with your A levels because otherwise you won't be able to do anything.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nani View Post
    Totally disagree with that.
    What's the next real step from College? University.
    It's certainly time to think about what you want to do in life and University really is the key. But to get into University courses you've got to meet the requirements.
    Of course not one career path, but two then sure.
    But you've got to start to go down the path that you want with your A levels because otherwise you won't be able to do anything.
    From someone who's "been there, done that", I agree with Throne Sofa and sadly not yourself.

I am only where I am today because I took varied A-levels. As long as you stick with mainly academic courses, you can take whatever you fancy, and whatever you enjoy. Whatever you study at university will be something you are going to enjoy, so there will be some correlation between that course and your A-levels anyway.

The only thing you need to keep an eye on is that if you don't know where you want to go next (after college), completely disregard what Nani has said and spread your subjects. If you want to go down the sciences route, you must take a science at A-level though.

An A-level in Mathematics is highly regarded. At times it might frustrate you, but if you put in the extra time to understand and remember everything, it will pay off.

Ditch the photography. If you were eager, you could do evening courses in photography. It's not the most inspiring subject on your CV unless you are going to an A&D college after your A-levels, or an artsy degree.

Psychology is one of those subjects that you will hate unless it is genuinely interesting for you. Read up on the course specifications. Try taster sessions if you can. During my time at college, so many people dropped out of their psychology course.

Media Studies is more of a 'release' subject. It's not a bad subject per se, but balance it with other subjects like Maths, History (for the sake of argument), and English Literature (for the sake of argument).

Hope any of this has been of some help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12