HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Genetic Engineering - Right in your relgigious eyes ???

My question is what do you think of genetic engineering from a religious point of view.

My opinion is that god created us in his image and that if we change the genetics of a human being to whatever we like then this is no longer gods image. However i do like the idea of using it SOLEY for removing things like disabilities.

Just wondering what you think of it ???

Tokens

i think religion is a load of ******** so i dont care if its used or not

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We were made in God's image then we fell from grace when Eve consumed the apple. Hence we may look like God but our attributes, our jealousy our greed are nothing like his.

So who gives a flying **** as it'll help alot of people's lives
    Plus God is a nonexistant idiot.
    I Threw My Pitchfork In Your Haystack Last Night
    Oo Arr Oo Arr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

if you change the 'religious point of view' into something different so that people would give their honest opinion on the matter, this debate might actually get somewhere. Good idea btw.

I personally think that it's a good idea to use stem-cell research which may help cure diseases in the future. I have a very basic view on the science around it so I'm not going to embarass myself. I am sure, however, that there are some ethical guidelines that scientists would have to follow so the whole 'religion' argument, I don't really understand. Anyone?

edit: oh it's in the religion forum lol. well that explains that :p. Would have made a good debate
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 07-10-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It depends what they use it for really if it was to be used to help cure a deadly illness I'd have no problem with it
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

I think all religions are based on flawed ideals and those who put their faith in such ideals are idiotic. Genetic engineering is sheer brilliance and people who blieve in "God" are holding back such brilliant sciences.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't have a religious point of view - so yes, I'm fine with 'Genetic Engineering' as long as it benefits us, for example finding cures, making food suitable for harsher environments etc.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Who cares I want an army.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzie. View Post
    So who gives a flying **** as it'll help alot of people's lives
    Plus God is a nonexistant idiot.
    How can He be and idiot if He doesn't exist lol
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by oOShadowOo View Post
    My question is what do you think of genetic engineering from a religious point of view.

My opinion is that god created us in his image and that if we change the genetics of a human being to whatever we like then this is no longer gods image. However i do like the idea of using it SOLEY for removing things like disabilities.

Just wondering what you think of it ???
    I agree with you if its to help people with disabilites then it should be fine but to use it to change looks and cleverness= no
    :shifty:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast