HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama vs McCain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ah, well I had to be careful saying it as I did not want to come across offensive and blunt. Thanks for telling me though
    y'wha?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by saintsROW View Post
    Totally, im the same.

My views on same sex marrige are a bit different though.. I was not brought up christian, but our family made the choice ages ago.

Dont take this comment the wrong way.. this is gonna make me sound like a right muppet. But the same-sex thing must be a US or even just regional thing, because I, and the majority of the christians I know have no problems with it... do you get what I mean? I dont mean 'an american thing' as an offensive term. But yeah..

I just realised how much of an arse I sound rofl.

But as I said, I understnad your opinions and totally respect them.
    Yeah.. it really is a regional thing (USA).

It's just like Guns.. if you visit Europe.. most families don't own guns.. and it's like that in most countries.

In America.. it's very rare to find a home that doesn't own a handgun, or a rifle of some sort.

Most because a lot of America hunts.. and have handguns for protection.

So you can sort of relate that to the same-sex marriage issue.

It's just Christian values I guess, and our country was founded and raised on those values, and most people stick to them

------

You're one of the few that actually have good discussion points on topics like this (+REP for that).

and I respect your opinion just as much as you respect mine. I know that a LOT of the UK support gay marriage, because it is more common there then it is here.

We have our "areas" that more gay people are found in, etc, whereas I am from.. it's sparse that you find gay people unless you're in big cities.

You don't sound like an arse ;P

Tokens

Totally, im the same.

My views on same sex marrige are a bit different though.. I was not brought up christian, but our family made the choice ages ago.

Dont take this comment the wrong way.. this is gonna make me sound like a right muppet. But the same-sex thing must be a US or even just regional thing, because I, and the majority of the christians I know have no problems with it... do you get what I mean? I dont mean 'an american thing' as an offensive term. But yeah..

I just realised how much of an arse I sound rofl.

But as I said, I understnad your opinions and totally respect them.
    Last edited by Fugato; 28-10-2008 at 10:24 PM.

if PHP is peanut butter...then...MySQL would be the jelly. Together they can make one heck of a good sandwich.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Fugato View Post
    America sucks. Big time. I would probably get shot.
    If you're going to post in this thread, at least try to make good discussion points, and quit being ignorant.

I respect your opinion that you don't like America.. although I don't agree with a lot of the things in Europe, I don't go around saying "Britain sucks. Big time."

You're the type of person that gives Americans bad opinions on European people. Why can't you act like saintsRow, etc?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks

And yeah, is San Fran one of these 'gay areas' (sounds propper silly). Because on the likes of Family Guy* theres often a lot of gay jokes directed at San Fran. I presume its because of the large gay community or w.e?

*Not the best of sources, paha!

Tbh though, I guess whoever becomes pres is a far superior improvement over Bush.. the UK is in need of that IMO. Gordon Brown is terrible, but thats for another topic.

*cough, Narrominded @54.
    y'wha?

Tokens

Obama wants to increase Minimum Wage. That's a good thing, but McCain don't.

if PHP is peanut butter...then...MySQL would be the jelly. Together they can make one heck of a good sandwich.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks

And yeah, is San Fran one of these 'gay areas' (sounds propper silly). Because on the likes of Family Guy* theres often a lot of gay jokes directed at San Fran. I presume its because of the large gay community or w.e?

*Not the best of sources, paha!

Tbh though, I guess whoever becomes pres is a far superior improvement over Bush.. the UK is in need of that IMO. Gordon Brown is terrible, but thats for another topic.

*cough, Narrominded @54.
    Yeah.. San Fran is one of those areas.. as in our area.. Asheville is

Yeah, Family Guy has some truth in it though!

Personally I don't agree with a lot of the things George W. Bush did.. but I'm not putting him down, because he did a hell of a better job then I could have ever.. and a lot of the people who say they could.

We're still alive. We haven't been attacked again.. and that's what I care about, a president keeping me and my family safe from terrorists.. and he has done that. (since 9/11.. I'm not blaming him for it.. it's not like he knew.. [ don't get into conspiracy theories with me either. ;P ] )

The reason bush is being blamed is because he is an 8 year president, so everything that happens, everyone is going to blame everything on him anyway

Just wait and see, whoever gets elected this year.. and wins another term.. everyone will blame everything on them.

It always happens ;P

Obama wants to increase Minimum Wage. That's a good thing, but McCain don't.
    Obama wants to "spread the wealth" to lazy-ass people who don't want to work..

Obama believes that he should take away people's hard earned money, and give it to the poor people..

McCain believes that people should be taxed less.. and earn their money by working jobs..

McCain believes that people should keep more of their hard earned money.. and those other people get jobs.. and quit being lazy, and sitting at home on their asses living off of the government.
    Last edited by Dentafrice; 28-10-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@ Fugato - and McCain has reasons to stick to that point, their polices will obviously change over time. Barack is coming across as the king at the moment, but obviously his policies are going to change, and not be as good as they make out. McCain could possible rise the minimum wage.. but you never know.

To be short. Im sure McCain has a valid reason for not raising the minimum wage.

@Caleb, yeah. Its bound to happen. And lol with the theorys, I dont wanna start either lmao

Yeah, sadly that is a problem over here aswell, everywhere I guess. Especially near our local area, people relying off benefits ("The Dole"). Majority of whom dont need it and are just lazy buggers. It really annoys me because my parents are hardworking, and people who get their money sitting on their arses watching Daytime TV annoy me.
    Last edited by newWORLDorder; 28-10-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    y'wha?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

and McCain has reasons to stick to that point, their polices will obviously change over time. Barack is coming across as the king at the moment, but obviously his policies are going to change, and not be as good as they make out. McCain could possible rise the minimum wage.. but you never know.

To be short. Im sure McCain has a valid reason for not raising the minimum wage.
    Yeah, they each have their reasons.. and it's not really their reasons.. it's their party's reasons.

You won't see a democrat who opposes abortion or gay marriage to be supported by the democrats.. just like someone who thinks gay marriage and abortion is right won't be supported by the republicans (GOP)

Here's a GREAT link for anyone interested in the difference between conservatives and liberals:

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/othe...beral-beliefs/

I suggest most people read it.

EDIT: whoever left me a -REP saying "Thanks for the -REP" PM me.. because I didn't give anyone in this thread -REP :\ and you were too stupid to leave your name.
    Last edited by Dentafrice; 28-10-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Just skipped over and read some points (have bookmarked for further reading though, thanks for that). Its interesting from a 'spectators' point of view to see how far away each parties points are.. but thats basic politics, but interesting nonetheless.
    y'wha?

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast