HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    It's common sense really, they must be extremely dimwitted if they think Habbox will be able to support itself soley through income from website ads - I guess nvr could try and explain that to them but I doubt they'll listen (although I must admit he can be very persuasive at times).

I don't know that we're going to get the email but I can't really see Sulake only bothering to force one fansite to remove VIP. As for proof that they got the email, click HERE.

Wow, they really are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazi View Post
    100mbps would just lead to people doing everything possible on the internet, thus completing the internet and having to trade it in or something due to it not being fun anymore.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I must admit this is quite an unorthodox Christmas gift from Sulake to the long supporters of their game. I would have suggested flowers.
    Sammeth.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iConz..

Latest Awards:

This again, They really need to understand that it costs alot of money to keep a fansite online. Habbox wouldn't be able to run if it wasn't for the VIP donations we get.
    Ads just wouldn't do it, They don't bring in enough money for a site like Habbox to keep all of it's sites running.
    To the person that said we can just donate and get free VIP, That is what we are doing. VIP is a form of donation towards Habbox which then allows us to get something out of it. We do it out of our own will, We are no way near forced to purchase VIP or any other features - It is completely up to us. Plus, surely it's up to us how we speand our money?!

If Habbox get this email then that sucks - Also, To the person that said 'I guess we will just be unofficial' It's the fansite way - Which states all Official and Un-Official.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    I don't know that we're going to get the email but I can't really see Sulake only bothering to force one fansite to remove VIP. As for proof that they got the email, click HERE.
    Lol, I like how they are saying 'Purchase 6months VIP now to keep your name for longer.As if to say give us your money now before we can't get any

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iConz.. View Post
    If Habbox get this email then that sucks - Also, To the person that said 'I guess we will just be unofficial' It's the fansite way - Which states all Official and Un-Official.
    That's the bit that makes me laugh, what are they going to do to an unoffical fansite providing a perfectly legitimate service? Sulake can't govern the internet I don't know who they think they are but I think we'd be pretty safe if we were unofficial and carried on selling VIP.

What's Sulake's motivation for this btw? I haven't seen any sort of justification for it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tbh habbox could easily change there name to something else for more than habbo.

Change the domain and bamn, i doubt lots would leave, as its just the domain..

Tokens

the only reason i think habbo have this rule in place is because they think the people buying vip from a habbo fansite will spend the money they pay for vip on habbo directly if they say vip can't be bought from fansites anymore, stupid idea imo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-Alex View Post
    That's the bit that makes me laugh, what are they going to do to an unoffical fansite providing a perfectly legitimate service? Sulake can't govern the internet I don't know who they think they are but I think we'd be pretty safe if we were unofficial and carried on selling VIP.

What's Sulake's motivation for this btw? I haven't seen any sort of justification for it
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Dominator View Post
    Tbh habbox could easily change there name to something else for more than habbo.

Change the domain and bamn, i doubt lots would leave, as its just the domain..
    I think habbo can also ask you to remove all Habbo images from the site too. Without Habbo images and Habbo in general, the Forum will look quiet a bit barer.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If we do get an email (which we most probably will), I say don't get rid of VIP and take the risk.

I love VIP, and it's like the only way Habbox can afford to upkeep the site and forum.

Cheers Sulake. :rolleyes:
    i'm out of touch, i'm out of love
    i'll pick you up when you're getting down
    and out of all these things i've done
    i think i love you better now

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I should so study Sulake for my business course, as a bad company that doesn't quite understand fanbases and how they need to survive. Would it come under anti-competition too?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ajthedragon

Latest Awards:

Technigueally there two different websites? Are they not?

But still sulake arnt being very fair...
    One for the road. :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast