HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

As i said earlir this eyar, the only reason they do it, is they reckon people will buy credits instead of VIP.

Take the risk hxf, if the site closes, then habbo should see the impact. Sites like this help ADVERTISE habbo.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well in my mind they can **** off. I am not having some 40 year old peado who works with children for a living saying what I can and can't have. I pay for it out of my own money, it's my choice. If that's the way they wanna play I'll tell every Habbo user not to pay for HC as it's VIP and it's not allowed. Anyway, I thought HxF wasn't support by Sulake, only Hx? I cba with Habbo controlling the forum when most people don't even use the forum for Habbo.

Forum VIP is the same as that ****** HC them ***** have.

Do as I say, not as I do. ****locks. :rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If habbox gets the email, I say ignore it. The most they can do is make Habbox unofficial, and Habbox has never been any less popular, whether official or not.
    Howaya.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Habbox.com would be fine as with other sites but Habboxforum.com could just change anything thats habbo related (obviously other than the sections, pics, etc) and wouldnt exactly be habbo fansite would it?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yonder

Latest Awards:

i presume habbo thinks they are losing out on money that is why they have tried to provide everything the fansites provide forums, polls, comps, groups, etc. Tbh the easy way around it is to allow donations and in return free vip (like someone said on first page) but they will jsut bring a rule out along the lines of fansites (un)official are not allowed to takes donations. IMO its ridiculous that they can tell us exactly what to do and for fansites as big has Habbox, ClubHabbo, etc how can they survive without it burning a whole in the owners pockets. Honestly Habbo have either not thought this through or simply want the fansites to be less dominant with the Habbo community. I will not be suprised if they decided to create a rare values system, trade center. We will see what the future holds.

3 common ways for Habbox(forum) to provide revenue:
    Advertising (already have)
    Affilates system
    Site sponsorship
    Last edited by Yonder; 13-11-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh btw before anyone suggests it again, Sulake consider habbox and habboxforum the same entity when dealing with this, so we can't use the "the forum is not official" excuse

Tokens

Latest Awards:

HabboxForum isn't official so I doubt it's making people for VIP on Habbox.com it's for the forum.

Oh I just read what Alex said, oh well if Habbox are made un-official, atleast they make money out of VIP.
    That's why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it cause we consider these minutes golden.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Also a reminder: Fansite rules apply to both unofficial and official fansites.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We give money and in return we get a donate rank

saying that we donated
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazi View Post
    100mbps would just lead to people doing everything possible on the internet, thus completing the internet and having to trade it in or something due to it not being fun anymore.

Tokens

Fansites must not charge users for premium services such as VIP access.

Nothing states that VIP cannot be given to donaters to Habbox(forum).

Im sure if HxF just kept records of the donater and what/how much features they were given (VIP basically) then im sure it would be no problem.

You can't stop people donating to the site - so why not make it so "donators" are rewarded for their kindness? As long as it's not a built-in system of "BUY VIP - Click on colour - Money goes out of paypal account" then I dont see why VIP can't be continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-Alex View Post
    That's the bit that makes me laugh, what are they going to do to an unoffical fansite providing a perfectly legitimate service? Sulake can't govern the internet I don't know who they think they are but I think we'd be pretty safe if we were unofficial and carried on selling VIP.

What's Sulake's motivation for this btw? I haven't seen any sort of justification for it
    >> However they have stated that any images created by Habbo is legally owned by Sulake. That would mean they could ask HxF to removed all Habbo images or they would contact the host.

However, if a user upload's a Habbo related avater or sig etc. then it's not controllable.

>> Sulake is greedy for money. They dont want people spending cash elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    I think habbo can also ask you to remove all Habbo images from the site too. Without Habbo images and Habbo in general, the Forum will look quiet a bit barer.
    As long as the actual forum doesnt contain Habbo images then its fine. Discussion of Habbo topics can continue and user's can continue to use Habbo avatars and signatures.

The problem is... this would be no Habbo-related banners.
    " When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. "

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast