HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Favourtism View Post
    Official or not, the rule stays

but when unofficial they dont have much hold over the site this could go through court and if so then so be it lol i can imagine a multi national company with legal representatives there sueing 200 people who are mainly mid teens because they were selling something that was not for profit but to help keep their site running to help promote the company whos actually sueing them lollllllllllllllllllllll this is so funny the more you think about it. :s they need to drug test sulake staff asap.

They cant stop anybody mentioning habbo :s a newspaper writes a bad article on habbo but are not allowed to use the word habbo? haha
    Fight them all the way habbo will come out of it with so much negative publicity win or lose so the only way they can win is drop this stupid idea

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by --ss-- View Post
    It seems this isn't Sulake's doing but the request of the cookie money hungry Habbo UK staff as I believe this rule is only in place on the UK hotel? Best thing to do is to take it up with Sualke, if enough people email in then they'll be bound to listen.
    Its in place on other hotels too!

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlice View Post
    Has anyone had an explanation as to why after 4 years, Sulake now want to stop sites from obtaining members support for funding sites? There has to be a reason! Sulakes profits must be rising at a dramatic pace with all the new furni released over the last 12 months or so, so surely it can't be money.
    They never say why, they just say what they'll do if you don't follow what they say.
    Check out my Fansite - www.ClubHabbo.net

Tokens
    Habbo
    iConz..

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterChu View Post

They never say why, they just say what they'll do if you don't follow what they say.
    well then I think we all need to demand a legitimate answer?!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterChu View Post

It takes them months to remove all the exposed sites etc so something this trivial i think they will make themselves look stupid.
    You sites all need to join forces to win this because your site is at risk otherwise you may get vip to keep going for the next year but the cash will soon run out.

I read somewhere lost_witness said until anybody says anything it would be ok to keep selling vip etc so this must have come from the **** heads at head office.

Back to the days of secretly ebaying furni to pay site bills? :eusa_wall

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
    It's not only the UK
    O.o didn't notice it, I need a dose of coffee

There's one easy way of getting around this all. Removing VIP and replacing it with a donation system, users donate to the site and in return you get a thank you reward of being added to a usergroup with special privledges. They cannot do anything about that as users are not "Paying" but "Donating" out of their own will.
    If they do not allow gifts to be given out then surely they should scrap the badge system on the hotel client or maybe even scrap credits and HC as they are forcing user's too pay for their extra privledges. Far too much Irony and stupidness behind this all.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iConz..

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jrh2002 View Post
    Back to the days of secretly ebaying furni to pay site bills? :eusa_wall
    Lol good idea !

I joke obviously..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They're too greedy, like that time they asked all Habbo users to do some silly survey which lasted about 30 mins, then sold the results on the Sulake site in a book for 500 euros. Greedy, robbing *****.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think Habbo are chatting crap to be honest.

How can they say they will force you to change your domain if it contains the word Habbo? So if I go and set up a company called Glasses Ltd (Example) then i can e-mail every website with the word glasses in there domain and threaten them to do what I want and if they dont oblige they have to change domains? I don't think so!

They are talking through there arse if you ask me, and what they are doing is probably breaking some form of law in some way.
    Gone - Goodbye

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackHb View Post
    I think Habbo are chatting crap to be honest.

How can they say they will force you to change your domain if it contains the word Habbo? So if I go and set up a company called Glasses Ltd (Example) then i can e-mail every website with the word glasses in there domain and threaten them to do what I want and if they dont oblige they have to change domains? I don't think so!

They are talking through there arse if you ask me, and what they are doing is probably breaking some form of law in some way.
    No it's because Habbo is a registered copyright trademark and all the legal blabber.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by --ss-- View Post
    There's one easy way of getting around this all. Removing VIP and replacing it with a donation system, users donate to the site and in return you get a thank you reward of being added to a usergroup with special privledges. They cannot do anything about that as users are not "Paying" but "Donating" out of their own will.
    Apparently that was brought up at the official fansite meeting, and redtiz said that any fansite trying to avoid the rule will be treated as breaking the rule.
    Check out my Fansite - www.ClubHabbo.net

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast