HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default 'The Secret' - anyone read it?

Half of the people I know got the book for christmas and so many people are so caught up with it! So much so that my brother's girlfriend's father left his wife of 20 years because of it.

It's become some sort of religion. People's lives depending on 'The Secret', thinking that if something good happens to them it's because they've followed its teachings, feeding their obsession. My friend read the book and swears by it now. His first objective being to get 3 big jobs for his modelling career this year... The next day Harley Davidson called.

But surely life isn't that certain? That if you truely want something it'll come knocking at your door the next day. That if you even hope for something that 'sends out a message to the universe', which will hand you your desires in return.

What do you all think about it? Have any of you read the book? Is this one book of 198 pages the key to life? Or is it just a money spinner, dangerously giving everyone that reads it false hope?

Edited by Wayne (Forum Super Moderator) Thread moved from Discuss Anything. Please post in the correct section next time.
    Last edited by Wayne; 28-12-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

A lovely, pleasant video of my neck piercing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll5pDsJAyYE

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Should be under Books and anime.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not really discussing the book, I'm discussing the idea that it introduces
    BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i wanna read that book!

and wow if it can influence people like that, i dont think its bad tbh. if anything its prolly the source of encouragement towards achieving their goals.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Is this the religion where the further you get into it, the more secrets you hear until you reach the top, and the secrets are about the core of Christianity and it's past. I remember someone on HabboxForum got into it a while ago it seemed quite interesting.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by skittish View Post
    i wanna read that book!

and wow if it can influence people like that, i dont think its bad tbh. if anything its prolly the source of encouragement towards achieving their goals.
    There's good and bad in everything... It does encourage people to achieve their goals and think positively. But as I said, doesn't it give people false hope? And couldn't it turn out to be quite dangerous? What if my brother's girlfriend's father left his family on a buzz from reading it and seriously regretted it afterwards? 20 years of marriage just ruined... And on a bigger note, what if it encourages people to put all eggs into one basket because it tells them that they will get what they want, no doubt about it, and they end up losing everything. A bit exaggerated but yknow!
    BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've never heard of it but it does sound quite interesting from the above posts
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

wait is it bout christianity?i;ve not read it nor heard bout it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

wel i wouldnt know because i havent read the book. but it seems to encourage people towards their goal, whatever that may be. tbh people around you gives you false hopes half the time, which is just as bad. but if a book can "encourage" you, why not yeah?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I haven't read the whole of it, but I don't think its about christianity. From what I've read it's about people asking 'the universe' for things by thinking positively and expecting them to happen. For example, in an extract I read it talked about a woman that wanted a husband. She changed her life around so that it would send a message out to 'the universe' that she was expecting one. For weeks it didn't happen but when she drove home one day she realised that there was only enough room in the garage for her own car, and no room for the man she was asking for. So she cleared out her garage, making room for 2 cars and did the same with her wardrobe, clearing out one side and slept on one side of the bed and the next week she met the man she spent the rest of her life with. The idea is that if you live as if you're not expecting what you want to happen and that you don't truely believe it will, which may even include having negative thoughts, it sends 'the universe' the wrong messages and you won't get what you want. There's a little taster.
    BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast