HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5 View Post
    I wanna do exactly like this. But a different song. Btw watch the whole thing, its pretty sick how he does this.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fiAb1HuiHyA
    2.40 - 2.48 = Amazing. EDIT: Just watching some of his other vids, his cover of Boys like girls - The great escape is brilliant.

My guitar: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=kvm1l&s=5
    Last edited by The Undertaker; 04-02-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Billy

---
    Former Radio DJ
    Former HxHD Staff
    Former Competitions Staff

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Andys View Post
    cba to take pics but

epiphone les paul custom

ephiphone sg

Takemine G-SERIES EG260C

Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401

BOSS Chromatic Tuner

DSL 401 - £550
    LES PAUL - £500
    SG - £250
    BOSS TU-2 - £55
    EG260C - £170
    ------------------
    TOTAL - £1525

hehe, didn't cost me that much though as i bought nearly all of it second hand except the acoustic and the pedal. i'd say i've spent about 600-700 on my equipment. hoping for a drum kit for around £200 soon but i have no diea about drum kits. tips?
    no comments?
    oh and is it best to buy a fully kit or just seperate drums/cymballs?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
    2.40 - 2.48 = Amazing. EDIT: Just watching some of his other vids, his cover of Boys like girls - The great escape is brilliant.

My guitar: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=kvm1l&s=5
    I know im such a big fan of his covers, I've watched every single one hah
    Nice guitar btw, looks like the one that comes with rock band
    no comments?
    oh and is it best to buy a fully kit or just seperate drums/cymballs?
    Most sets dont come with cymbals or hardware for that matter. So it could be best to buy a shell pack (just the drums) than buy the hardware (cymbal stands, snare stands, tom stands, bass pedal, hi hat stand, all that stuff.) than buy some cymbals. But when your buying cymbals, dont be afraid to spend a little more cash than expected when you go for cymbals becuase if you buy cheap cymbals such as Wuhan, than they have a higher chance of cracking/dented a lot sooner than some of the higher up models. But basically anything from zildjian, sabian, paiste will last you quite a while.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

how much would it be for a half decent beginner kit?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

how much would it be for a half decent beginner kit?
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tama-Sup...81-i1394894.gc
    a set like that would be good for beginners, or maybe one with 2 monted toms would be better. But nevertheless for a decent set for a beginner would cost between 200 and 450 euros. Plus cymbals and hardware with cost at least around 300 more euros.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I wanna do exactly like this. But a different song. Btw watch the whole thing, its pretty sick how he does this.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fiAb1HuiHyA

well, it depends on the sound quality of the camera, but if you wanted it to sound good, you'd definitely need mics. it would be best with two (one in front of the bass drum, one sort of under the snare) but you could do it with just one low down near the bass and under the snare.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    well, it depends on the sound quality of the camera, but if you wanted it to sound good, you'd definitely need mics. it would be best with two (one in front of the bass drum, one sort of under the snare) but you could do it with just one low down near the bass and under the snare.
    alright thanks, only mics I've seen was a whole set for like $400 at guitar center. any idea how much just the 2 would cost?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

alright thanks, only mics I've seen was a whole set for like $400 at guitar center. any idea how much just the 2 would cost?
    400$?! are those specifically designed for drums or something? there's decent mics for 20 bucks on amazon haha. although its not as easy to record as it seems, you have to play around with adjusting volume to get a good sense of it, but thats true with all mics.

personally, i'm a fan of lo-fi. i like a bit of clipping. even when i make computer generated beats, ill usually put a little distortion on just to make it sound like home-recorded.
    Last edited by RedStratocas; 05-02-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    400$?! are those specifically designed for drums or something? there's decent mics for 20 bucks on amazon haha. although its not as easy to record as it seems, you have to play around with adjusting volume to get a good sense of it, but thats true with all mics.
    haha I guess they mustve been top of the line. It was a pack of like 5 mics for different drums though so idk. I know nothing about mics so I would just need like 2 smallish micswith clips to put them on drums?

edit; yeah they were specific drum mics

Tokens

Latest Awards:

haha I guess they mustve been top of the line. It was a pack of like 5 mics for different drums though so idk. I know nothing about mics so I would just need like 2 smallish micswith clips to put them on drums?

edit; yeah they were specific drum mics
    haha basically. im not a recording expert or anything i just have some experience and good equipment, so the best thing would be for you to get two mics, clips if youve got them, and a computer or whatever you want to record with and just play around with it. find what you like and what works etc, cause systems of recordings vary so much with what youre recording with and how you want it to sound.

when i was producing my friends' bands' album, we literally used duct tape haha. we put one mic on the ground in front of the bass, which was easy, then we skillfully hung the second mic with duct tape from the snare and the bass, haha.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast