HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

As far as drum kits go, here are some good brands
    - Premier (thats what I have, only in the uk now though)
    - Ludwig
    - Pearl
    - Tama
    And for cymbals
    - Zildjian
    - Sabian (just about same thing as zildjians so just go with whatever is better priced)
    - Paiste
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5 View Post
    Thats pretty cool, good luck with the record.
    I might start a band with a couple friends but nothing official yet
    yeah dude, its fun. ive been in a few officially and unofficially. people rip on drummers sometimes but they really can make or break your band as ive learned. we hate to say it because hes one of our best friends but our former drummer (now bassist) was terrible. at least on bass his mess ups are unnoticeable lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

hah yeah cause all bassists do is hit a few chords and bob their head back and forth
    I wanna learn to play guitar too so I can play some metallica and **** like that but i dont have the patience to learn everything
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I thought these threads weren't allowed anymore??

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinger View Post
    I thought these threads weren't allowed anymore??
    got permission from Profesor-Alex as it says in the first post.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

hah yeah cause all bassists do is hit a few chords and bob their head back and forth
    I wanna learn to play guitar too so I can play some metallica and **** like that but i dont have the patience to learn everything

haha well everyone knows bass is least important, though you can be a really good bassist and add a lot to songs. my roommate saw metallica last thursday lol, and he got kicked out of an ac/dc concert 2 months ago for smoking a joint in madison square garden, he didnt even see them go on stage.
    anyway, imma be honest, heavy metal is fun to learn when you first start cause its easy as hell. it's just drop d then bar bar bar bar bar lol. ive been playing guitar 6 years, you kinda go in phases. after a while you get sick of learning other peoples' songs, unless they're really complicated and interesting to learn. ive been experimenting with chords and effects and stuff, ive basically only been writing for the past 2 years or so. but yeah, learning multiple instruments is awesome, cause i can fully compose songs myself, especially with garage band.
    get a beginner's guitar. they can go for really cheap, i know some go as low as $100 with amp.
    Last edited by RedStratocas; 03-02-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

:eusa_wall
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    haha well everyone knows bass is least important, though you can be a really good bassist and add a lot to songs. my roommate saw metallica last thursday lol, and he got kicked out of an ac/dc concert 2 months ago for smoking a joint in madison square garden, he didnt even see them go on stage.
    anyway, imma be honest, heavy metal is fun to learn when you first start cause its easy as hell. it's just drop d then bar bar bar bar bar lol. ive been playing guitar 6 years, you kinda go in phases. after a while you get sick of learning other peoples' songs, unless they're really complicated and interesting to learn. ive been experimenting with chords and effects and stuff, ive basically only been writing for the past 2 years or so. but yeah, learning multiple instruments is awesome, cause i can fully compose songs myself, especially with garage band.
    I had the chance to see Metallica when they were down in Columbus with my friends, but it was a Sunday and my parents were all, "you wont be home til 3 in the morning blah blah school blah blah blah' i was like. thisll be my only chance as far as I know of to see my favorite band, my dad just goes "theyll be other chances" :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall
    bummer gettin kicked out of ac/dc, such a great band.
    once I get some latin percussion blocks to mess around with and make different beats Im gonna start making some of my own beats and stuff. but til then im working on chop suey and i dont wanna stop (ozzy).
    does your band have a myspace or anything where I can check you guys out?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

:eusa_wall
    I had the chance to see Metallica when they were down in Columbus with my friends, but it was a Sunday and my parents were all, "you wont be home til 3 in the morning blah blah school blah blah blah' i was like. thisll be my only chance as far as I know of to see my favorite band, my dad just goes "theyll be other chances" :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall
    bummer gettin kicked out of ac/dc, such a great band.
    once I get some latin percussion blocks to mess around with and make different beats Im gonna start making some of my own beats and stuff. but til then im working on chop suey and i dont wanna stop (ozzy).
    does your band have a myspace or anything where I can check you guys out?
    oh thats so crappy. im kinda lucky cause my dad is a music fanatic, even when i was younger the only reason he would ever let me go out on a school night would be for a concert lol. one time he let me go out in 8th grade on a sunday night to see godsmack acoustic (never really was a fan but it was a free ticket) and he would take me to concerts like r.e.m. and stuff on school nights. but if i wanted to see a movie on a wednesday it'd be a no :rolleyes:.
    thats sick. im horrible at drums, i can keep time etc but i dont really have a set to practice on, though i would love to have one. i make faux beats on garage band, but obviously thats not the same as actually playing.

yeah we have a myspace. our EP is available for download if you scroll down. you can read our bio if you want (its a bit ridiculous) but in short, it was originally just my two other friends who wrote the majority of the songs in their sophomore year, so all of these songs are incredibly short, unprofessional, and immature. i joined in my senior year in high school. i was originally bass, then switched to lead guitar when we got another bassist, but then his job took over all his time so he kinda got kicked out. we did 2 guitarists and a drummer for a while but we realized our drummer cant keep time for crap, so i learned drums and he learned bass haha. so anyway, i play drums and guitar on all these tracks, but i only wrote/sing one of them on the myspace ("how the middle child lost his soul").

www.myspace.com/checkeredrecta

and a live performance at a battle of the bands a year ago, i'm the first singer. (you can see our drummer's problems)

btw, the band name wasnt my idea.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not a bad band.
    btw I love how the drum set is just snare, bass, hi hat and crash.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not a bad band.
    btw I love how the drum set is just snare, bass, hi hat and crash.
    lol well thats because its all we needed for that particular song, so we didnt even bother bringing the rest of it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast