HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Internet Speed Help

Ok my internte speed says 54.0Mbps and eircom rang and upgraded us to 3Gigabites i think, how much faster is that? lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) Your internet speed is not 54Mbps, thats the speed of your wireless network

2) You either misheard/misread the "3 gigabites" as it is not even a mesaure of speed and such a speed to the internet would be impossible for home users and even most business customers.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well done, your officially faster than Japan
    Last edited by Recursion; 11-03-2009 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by no waiii View Post
    Ok my internte speed says 54.0Mbps and eircom rang and upgraded us to 3Gigabites i think, how much faster is that? lol
    The '54MBs' is probably the speed of your wireless network like the other guy said and you might of upgraded to 3Gigabites of download allowance if you want to find out the speed of your internet just visit www.speedtest.net and run a test using the recommended server and it will tell you.

http://dualupload.com - Free Image Hosting!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Berch View Post
    The '54MBs' is probably the speed of your wireless network like the other guy said and you might of upgraded to 3Gigabites of download allowance if you want to find out the speed of your internet just visit www.speedtest.net and run a test using the recommended server and it will tell you.
    Although 3GB download limit is crap all, we kept hitting our 50 gig limit on our old ISP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by ***** View Post
    Although 3GB download limit is crap all, we kept hitting our 50 gig limit on our old ISP.
    Yeah same I only use to get 10GB with AOL and that was per month thank god im with Virgin Media now which is unlimited but annoying that you get capped so I have to download at night but the speeds are worth the sacrifice of downloading anything really big during the day.

Who was your ISP / Who you with now if you dont mind me asking?

http://dualupload.com - Free Image Hosting!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by no waiii View Post
    As others have said, it's a virtual certainty that the 3GB is in fact your download limit... which is tiny. It's easy to use that in one day, never mind a month. Is it a home connection, or mobile broadband?

On a consumer home package your speed could be anywhere between 2 mb/s to 50 mb/s. You're not likely to get over that unless you work for large companies, the government, or large education institutions. As for your upload speed, it's probably tiny. I have a freakishly high upload speed, but it's not the industry norm.