HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

I didn't even know who the hell Jade Goody was until all this media crap.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by !.x.FaYe.x.! View Post
    I swear, you guys are so insensitive!

First of all I get loads of jokes coming through on my phone about her DEATH, then I find a site which offers a free iphone to the person who guesses her hour and date of death, not to mention all of the posts I've read even on here ranting on about this poor woman!!

Do you have any idea how much attention her situation is bringing to cervical cancer?

You may not know the full situation, but when she was about 16 she had some problems 'down there', got some tests done and it came back with an abnormal cell count... But she decided to ignore it. Cervical cancer is the most... 'hopeful' cancer to have as it is contained and therefore easy to remove, but because she ignored it, it got to the point where the tumour was the size of a rugby ball and it broke past the lining and spread throughout her blood stream, onto her liver etc. making it terminal.

But the most horrible thing is that, if she didn't ignore it and got it sorted out, she would be all well and healthy today as it would have been controllable and easy to treat..

So, getting back to my point, this story has really influenced people to take action and not push these things to the back of their minds. The other day my dentist asked me what I thought about the situation, I told her, and she popped out of the room for 5 minues and when she came back she told me that she had had some tests herself, received results of an abnormal cell count and hearing that made her go and book an appointment for a swab test.

She may be milking the press attention, but if you were about to die with 2 young children, would you not want to do as much as possible to ensure them secure future?...

I am perfectly aware that there are thousands of people throughout the world going through the same thing, but I think it would be a crime for her not to take advantage of her celebrity status and spread awareness just like all of those suffering would want to!!

I really, really do admire her and I'm sick of all of these rants, its disgusting.
    www.whenwilljadegoodydie.com?
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I made the following post in the other thread.

I'm just going to speak my mind here: I'm sure many of you will disagree and dislike my comment, but I'm just going to be honest. I'm not particularly bothered that she's going to die. As horrible as it sounds, it's the truth. I imagine that the media (magazines and papers) have been making a lot of money out of this, with the exclusive pictures and interviews. For some people her dying has earned them money. Also, she rose to fame from Big Brother, which, in my eyes, shouldn't give you special treatment or class you as a 'star'. Many people are dying (of the same thing) everyday, some in even worse situations (maybe it's a woman who's pregnant and dying or something), yet nobody cares because they don't know. Just like nobody would care about Jade Goody if she hadn't become 'famous'.

It dominates the news(papers) ever so much, I don't tend to read the newspaper on a regular basis, however when I do Jades face is always on the front page.

Just the truth. Many people are afraid to speak the truth on matters such as these because of other peoples opinions against their own.

It is sad, but that's life.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

I'm not talking about people that 'don't care', I'm talking about people that take the time out to have a go about her and make sites about 'winning iphones'

Also, about the 8.5m, if I was in her situation, I'd want to get as much money as possible for my children to be honest... No matter how much that ends up being

And finally, did you not read my post? This entire story is spreading awareness! It could literally be saving some people's lives! I don't see what's wrong with taking the effort to TURN THE PAGE if u don't want to read it :S
    like bef said, they've got 8.5 million already and some people don't even have that in a lifetime, their dad has a good paying job too i'm guessing so isn't that enough for them? they're gonna have everything given to them on a plate and sureeee their mum is gone but there is no excuse for it.
    it's good that she's raising awareness and giving money to charity, but all in the spotlight?? marriage and christenting are meant to be private and SPECIAL times and she's ruined it by showing everyone, i'm just sick of hearing about her. i just got really annoyed when she decided to get christened so she could go to a "better place" :@:@

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

good on her i say. she's thinking of a kids, which is what every mother should do. she's moulding their life for them, so she knows they'll be ok.

yes, dad's a gold digger and an idiot.. ;/

just mo

drink up this bottle of yeah
    and P A I N T your body on me

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Well cheers for promoting the site - exactly the reason why I did not post the link

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    like bef said, they've got 8.5 million already and some people don't even have that in a lifetime, their dad has a good paying job too i'm guessing so isn't that enough for them? they're gonna have everything given to them on a plate and sureeee their mum is gone but there is no excuse for it.
    it's good that she's raising awareness and giving money to charity, but all in the spotlight?? marriage and christenting are meant to be private and SPECIAL times and she's ruined it by showing everyone, i'm just sick of hearing about her. i just got really annoyed when she decided to get christened so she could go to a "better place" :@:@
    I swear people haven't read my post all the way through

Okok, first of all, I could've sworn I've said this before but she is a mother! She can do absolutely nothing for them in the future - be there during hard times and give them motherly support... The only thing she can do right now is use her 'fame' (however cheap it is) to get them money for the future... It may sound all superficial but its literally the only thing she can do for them! And surely any mother would do just that, get as much as possible and do their best if they had the opportunity, I don't get how you don't all see that?...

Also, I know that weddings and christenings are meant to be 'special' but, as I mentioned in my post (once againnnnn) she's not doing them for the sentimental value! She's doing it for the money from the media for her kids... Its not exactly for her, is it? What's she going to do with all that money on her death bed? Do you not see that what she's doing is COMPLETELY unselfish?!

Plus, the more coverage all of this gets, the more awareness its going to spread and I don't see any negative points... If you're getting annoyed by seeing her all you have to do is turn the page or switch the channel - ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD
    Last edited by !.x.FaYe.x.!; 16-03-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

A lovely, pleasant video of my neck piercing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll5pDsJAyYE

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Well cheers for promoting the site - exactly the reason why I did not post the link

I swear people haven't read my post all the way through

Okok, first of all, I could've sworn I've said this before but she is a mother! She can do absolutely nothing for them in the future - be there during hard times and give them motherly support... The only thing she can do right now is use her 'fame' (however cheap it is) to get them money for the future... It may sound all superficial but its literally the only thing she can do for them! And surely any mother would do just that, get as much as possible and do their best if they had the opportunity, I don't get how you don't all see that?...

Also, I know that weddings and christenings are meant to be 'special' but, as I mentioned in my post (once againnnnn) she's not doing them for the sentimental value! She's doing it for the money from the media for her kids... Its not exactly for her, is it? What's she going to do with all that money on her death bed? Do you not see that what she's doing is COMPLETELY unselfish?!

Plus, the more coverage all of this gets, the more awareness its going to spread and I don't see any negative points... If you're getting annoyed by seeing her all you have to do is turn the page or switch the channel - ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD
    i did read your post, wasn't haven't a go at you
    yupppppp i know, she's doing a great job and i think she's a great mother, i really do! & she should be doing them for sentimental value. EXACTLY MY POINT DEAR she's got MARRIED for MONEY and got christened? LOL. she's trying to be all close to God and she does that, acts as though marriage isn't a big deal???!!!! good one !! that's seriously the only thing i'm pissed off with and the fact she's constantly in the spotlight, & yes it's all for her sons yakablabhalhb but there is other ways, raising money. Money doesn't make everyone happy, aslong as her sons have a decent future (HMMM I'M SURE THE 8.5 MILLION SHE ALREADY HAS COULD COME IN HANDY) and are happy then greattttttttt but going over the top just because she can isn't fair and i've just realised this and have felt sorry for her for so long but now it's really annoying!

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I disagree with you basing your argument on the fact that it's raising awareness. Fair enough it may be, but cervical cancer is already pretty well recognised with this new jab etc. I have yet to see how she has directly promoted awareness of it other than having it. I don't see articles pointing out the dangers of cervical cancer in relation to Jade Goody, I see articles every day with misleading headlines about her children giving her flowers as she sleeps in a hospital bed. Utter crap if you ask me.
    As for protecting her kids' future, she's done a good job protecting them, legally binding them to a twice prosecuted violent offender who digs for gold on weekdays.
    I'm not promoting her death, I just think this is all crap.

Tokens

I actually admire the women for what she is doing, getting all them money she can for photos so her kids can have a great future.

& If you're sick of her media coverage, don't read/watch it then.. it's not like if it's front page news.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    & If you're sick of her media coverage, don't read/watch it then.. it's not like if it's front page news.
    It's not like I'm just reading the front page.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast