HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I doubt it's going to work, I really do. This forum is far too popular for the users to just switch over for an alternative. This forum offers active users who will give an answer quite quickly. You'd need a lot of users to be active on your forum to keep it afloat, this will be hard.

The main idea of your forum is to offer an alternative to this section? The only problem is if people went to your forum, they'd be insulted and made to be idiots as you quite clearly admit, Denta.

I'm not trying to create an argument but just pointing out things I think will make it unsuccessful. It's worth a shot but it's like me trying to compete with WHT.
    Back for a while.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    I'll let you know, you're special
    I know I am

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent2 View Post
    I doubt it's going to work, I really do. This forum is far too popular for the users to just switch over for an alternative. This forum offers active users who will give an answer quite quickly. You'd need a lot of users to be active on your forum to keep it afloat, this will be hard.

The main idea of your forum is to offer an alternative to this section? The only problem is if people went to your forum, they'd be insulted and made to be idiots as you quite clearly admit, Denta.

I'm not trying to create an argument but just pointing out things I think will make it unsuccessful. It's worth a shot but it's like me trying to compete with WHT.
    The users won't just be coming from this section though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dunko

Latest Awards:

As long as there isn't people who think they are 1337, it will be quite good.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So just because it's a project not supported by Invent or Greg, it's going to fail?

And if people "went to my forum", they would not be insulted and or "made to be idiots", unless they were the type of people that come from the Habbo section, into this D&D.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

As much as I appreciate the points raised, it feels as though you are always going to be critical due to the relationship between you, myself and dentafrice.

At the end of the day, we are trying to raise the bar of web/development discussion. Currently this forum provides no insights into new ways of working and often talks about basic things. We want to create a community where intresting projects can be discussed without flaming, etc...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    I think it will get to the stage of me making a custom theme, issue with that is the time it takes when I have other projects in the making. I will get one done though, if anyone wants to give a hand in terms of skinning then that would be great.
    I've skinned a few forums. Terrified of joining the "big boys" though
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

the majority of the past attempts have failed partly because they were rushed to get started or no one gave them enough time and it seems this try is being rushed, don’t get me wrong I’m all for it but it really does seem that your trying to rush it and it most likely will fail if you carry on like this.

as many people have said I also think you should create your own forum software it’s not really as hard as people make it out to be, I have created my own in the past, yeah it wasn’t the greatest going but it worked all the same and if you do create your own then in the future if the site does really take off you won’t have to think about this then, and if it fails you've got something you could always sell, the benefits of you creating your own and much more than using a vB, you could very easily add new features and fully integrate it into a site.

I think you should also think about other features not just a place to chat and get help because there are much bigger communities which do that and you won’t really have anything over the current habbox D&D section, maybe a place where people could release their own designs or systems for free where other members of the community could get them, not just a section on a forum but a full system for this, you could do a weekly podcast or something on the web and D&D contain news or tips 'n' tricks, I don't know but what I’m getting at is you'll need something more than just a forum to get people interested and to use this new community over communities they already use.

Anyway just make sure you don't rush to open the site to the public, make sure its 100% finished and ready to go first.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well currently due to the lack of time (as making a complete forum skin takes a very long time to get every element done) we are looking for a nice base theme which I can then go in and customise alot of the elements.

If anyone has any suggestions, we would be grateful.

ref redtom: Do you know how much work goes into making a fast, clean, easy forum system. Its not just a basic forum system you have to worry about.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd be happy to see this project start and grow.. or fail i cant predict the future but I will be sure to join and try to help support it.

I dont reply much on here anymore, let alone make topics.. though I do visit daily just to read the topics and see whats going on since this section is pretty much the only section i've been active on, on this forum.

x Oli

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Ltd

Latest Awards:

careful guis!!!

DAT REVIEWGIT WILL KILLZ U ALLZ!!

Yeah, i think 56 will totally work. We're going to firstly buy a theme and then Source can work on it and make it sexy, and hardcore.

Can you plz not arg..
    WOPZ I DIDNT MEAN TO SAY DAT SORRY REVIEWDUDE SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY
    **** IM SORRY FORGIVEMEPLEASEEEE
    Hi, names James. I am a web developer.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast