HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 473 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

thought you said the NHK dub was decent?

And yes i agree with that you said, thats why i cant stand anything viz dubs. But yes while One Piece was casting for the new dub. Toei had a say in it aswell, but i think thats jus because thats there best show and didnt want it getting ripped apart again lol.

I would like to see an american show dubbed in jp.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nope, I haven't even heard the dub for Welcome to the NHK. I know Chris Patton voices Satou though, and he was amazing in Guyver. Although his character in Guyver and his character in NHK are very different, I doubt I'd like him in Welcome to the NHK. I think Chris Patton is a good voice actor sometimes, but I've heard some dubs from him which are just terrible.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Damn you, give me my editing time back. Guess I'll have to post again...

I just remembered that Chris Patton also voiced the main character in The Place Promised in Our Early Days, which he was good in. His role in The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Guyver are quite comparable comparable though, while Satou requires very different acting. I fear Chris Patton would probably make the character more emotional than he should be. Satou doesn't have real emotion, he has a kind of strange, insane, misunderstood emotion. I read an interview with Patton talking about his role as Satou a while back and he mentioned the fact he used to be a shut in really helped him in his dub role. A normal person might think thats a good, positive comment, but that is bad. He shouldn't be using knowledge gained due to his life experiences to bring out Satou's character. Satou is nothing like a normal hikkikomori, and can't be anything like Chris Patton was when he was a shut in. Chris Patton seemed to understand the emotional side of hikkikomori's - good - but that's not how Satou should be acted. Although I'm saying all this without having listened to the dub, I could be very wrong. Anyway, that's just how I feel about Chris Patton voicing Satou. He maybe has it in him, but to me it seemed like he took the wrong approach.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tite Kubo is the best voice actor, he supported Kon in a Bleach movie and I rewatch the scenes all day.
    No longer active on here

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tite Kubo is lame. Hideaki Sorachi played himself in Gintama! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKAzhqCugOY

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Gooooooooooood news!

Claymore is finally being released on DVD in June by Manga Entertainment and Funimation and instead of single volumes, each release is going to consist of two volumes (10 episodes) which will be sold for the price of one.

Volume 1 & 2 - June 8th - Click
    Volume 3 & 4 - August 10th - Click

Half price, what a bargin. Finally some decent releases!

Also, American are getting Sword of the Stranger on Bluray in June. Here's hoping we get it soon too.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 18-05-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Anyone seen Texhnolyze? Sounds good from what I hear but I need someone to discuss it with when done. Also the file sizes are massive so it's gonna need to be an all-night job to download.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I heard good things about it and it sounds good as well. I've never seen it though. I have seen a few AMVs however. :8 It looked good in those as well. Let me know if it is actually any good if you decide to watch it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ye I've been wanting to see it for ages but never had any free time. All being well I watch it this week and see how it goes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Gooooooooooood news!

Claymore is finally being released on DVD in June by Manga Entertainment and Funimation and instead of single volumes, each release is going to consist of two volumes (10 episodes) which will be sold for the price of one.

Volume 1 & 2 - June 8th - Click
    Volume 3 & 4 - August 10th - Click

Half price, what a bargin. Finally some decent releases!

Also, American are getting Sword of the Stranger on Bluray in June. Here's hoping we get it soon too.
    It does sound good because i was thinking about buying it but the singles put me off. but manga entertainment suck... better not get a sub the dub again... Or would they just copy funimations dvd but have there name as the what ever its called

Anyway. One Piece is to be streamed alongside FMA on Funimations site they are putting up dub episodes aswell so can watch and see the diffrence between the two. Only for US and canda tho have to tinker with Firefox settings to view them.

Page 7 of 473 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast