HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

For a gaming PC an optical drive would likely come in handy for installing the games :p
    Aside from that, looks good, although as others have said, switching to a quad core may be an idea, especially for video editing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

I'd get rid of the PSU, Arctic Power isn't the most respectable of PSU companies, you don't want to risk blowing it all up cause you weren't prepared to spend much on a decent PSU.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, with AMD some components, most likely the motherboard will need to be changed to be compatible. Also, If you purchase, lets say an AMD quad-core black edition processor. What this means is that AMD bundle their own software packadge with it, to safely overclock your processor, sometimes up to 50% better (depends on cooling). You can also get black edition intel machines, but they seem to be on the more expensive side.

I'm just saying AMD is slightly cheaper and their a recognised and well trusted company. And if I'm honest with you, they are just as good products.
    "RETIRED" FROM HABBO(X)

:¬:

TOMSPIT / COWLY05

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TomSpit View Post
    Well, with AMD some components, most likely the motherboard will need to be changed to be compatible. Also, If you purchase, lets say an AMD quad-core black edition processor. What this means is that AMD bundle their own software packadge with it, to safely overclock your processor, sometimes up to 50% better (depends on cooling). You can also get black edition intel machines, but they seem to be on the more expensive side.

I'm just saying AMD is slightly cheaper and their a recognized and well trusted company. And if I'm honest with you, they are just as good products.
    +1 for this. AMD may not have anything out that can compete with the i7 yet, but for everything before in my experience you'll get significantly more bang for your buck with an AMD System.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
    +1 for this. AMD may not have anything out that can compete with the i7 yet, but for everything before in my experience you'll get significantly more bang for your buck with an AMD System.
    Only with low end systems are AMD much more bang for buck. With mid range they are pretty similar bang for buck (maybe with Intel slightly ahead due to efficiency/overclocking potential). High end Intel wins hands down with the i7.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Indeed. Some people say 'oh but intel are better', well, there was a time when I would have said "that is true", but now AMD seem to be getting much better at what they do. So yeah, take a look around the net, I'm sure it would be cheaper.
    "RETIRED" FROM HABBO(X)

:¬:

TOMSPIT / COWLY05

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by N!ck View Post
    Only with low end systems are AMD much more bang for buck. With mid range they are pretty similar bang for buck (maybe with Intel slightly ahead due to efficiency/overclocking potential). High end Intel wins hands down with the i7.
    Well, pricing is often very dependant on where your buying, so the outlet your looking at can easly swing in ether direction.
    As a rule though, generally for the same money AMD will give you a more powerful processor, Intel are just that little bit more pricey. Id say that can generally be applied across the board, both on the low and high end of the spectrum.
    Although Intel has the edge in being able to create the most powerful cards, these cards do cost significantly more than anything AMD has to offer, so bang for buck wise, AMD is still a competitor.

Also, overclocking wize the Phenom x4 II have a ridiculous potential (and i believe currently holds the record with something in the realms of 7.1ghz) Equally historicity AMD has been the more efficient processor, providing more performance with fewer clock cycles, though to whether or not this is still the case i cant say "/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shockwave.2CC

Latest Awards:

Mines a silver laptop
    hehe
    :eusa_danc

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.
    Last edited by ,Jess,; 15-05-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    The House Always Wins

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave.2CC View Post
    Mines a silver laptop
    hehe
    :eusa_danc
    ..So? This has nothing to do with the thread. Stop spamming.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
    Well, pricing is often very dependant on where your buying, so the outlet your looking at can easly swing in ether direction.
    As a rule though, generally for the same money AMD will give you a more powerful processor, Intel are just that little bit more pricey. Id say that can generally be applied across the board, both on the low and high end of the spectrum.
    Although Intel has the edge in being able to create the most powerful cards, these cards do cost significantly more than anything AMD has to offer, so bang for buck wise, AMD is still a competitor.

Also, overclocking wize the Phenom x4 II have a ridiculous potential (and i believe currently holds the record with something in the realms of 7.1ghz) Equally historicity AMD has been the more efficient processor, providing more performance with fewer clock cycles, though to whether or not this is still the case i cant say "/
    AMD easily wipe the board in the low end ie. £35-65ish. AMD have always had the more efficient CPU until the Core 2 series came out and the i7s are even more efficient. As far as I'm aware the Phenoms still have a similar efficiency to the X2s, but i'm not sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast