HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default How do i reformatt?

hey guys,
    i need to reformatt as my laptop is getting extremly slow and i screwed up stuff with my bios things i need to know,

What will i need to backup?

How will i back it up?

+REP if you can help me please
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Before you try that, it may be easier + quicker just to return to factory settings (if you have a disk) or go back to your earliest restore point in system restore.
    That'll decrappifey alot of the registry and program installs. After that you probabaly wana defragment you hdd, reinstall programs you need and delete unwanted files.

If you are sure u wana reformat, just shove your windows disk in anddelete any existing partions it finds before installiting everything again.

Backup wize, makesure you get your drivers (can be a mission finding em later) as well as any files / software or anythin else u wana keep. Maybe just use a portable/external hdd ?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
    Before you try that, it may be easier + quicker just to return to factory settings (if you have a disk) or go back to your earliest restore point in system restore.
    That'll decrappifey alot of the registry and program installs. After that you probabaly wana defragment you hdd, reinstall programs you need and delete unwanted files.

If you are sure u wana reformat, just shove your windows disk in anddelete any existing partions it finds before installiting everything again.

Backup wize, makesure you get your drivers (can be a mission finding em later) as well as any files / software or anythin else u wana keep. Maybe just use a portable/external hdd ?

I dont mind cleaning everything off my lappy i can get it all again but one problem i dont have a disc what do i do lol

btw mate +REP
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Back up any files (music/documents), then press F2 before the Vista loading screen and select 'reset to factory settings' or something along those lines. I did it a week ago. You lose everything so back up everything you want.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEnemy View Post
    I dont mind cleaning everything off my lappy i can get it all again but one problem i dont have a disc what do i do lol

btw mate +REP
    If you dont have a disk, you probably dont wana reformat, else you'll be left with an empty box. By reformatting you wipe everything, O/S included (windows xp/vista/anything else you use) You'd need a disk to install the o/s on the box again after completion.

If you really did wana do this, a linux live cd could do the job using gparted, but id strongly advise against this if you dont have the disk.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You need to have a operating system disc to reformat, obviously you'll have to pay for windows, but if your looking for a free option, you could always go with Ubunutu, although why don't you just sort your laptop out instead of reformatting? Run a anti virus scan and what not.