HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jewish Bear View Post
    Either way you've been made to look a jackass by saying JPEG makes things blurry, which it doesn't, and Lossless JPEG is an operation mode of JPEG, making it part of JPEG. QED.
    A mode of a compression algorithm != part of a file format?
    To make that assertion is like saying since IEEE created the IEEE 802.11 wireless protocol, your old wireless B router is capable of running a wireless N network. :rolleyes:

JPEG compression as used within the JFIF file format, will result in some blurring whether perceivable by the human eye or not. The fact you cannot tell shows the compression algorithm works well. The fact its a lossy compression on the other hand is unaffected by that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not sure if this helps, however I remember my lecturer stating that JPEGS do tend to have less quality and are designs to save space which ultimately results in blurred vision compared to other formats.
    Hi

Tokens

Exclamation

Thats an OK layout, And I don't see any blur in the JPEG Image?
    My Edited Quotes

If you got a large picture, or high quality picture, and converted it to jpg from png, you'd probably see the difference.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Ltd

Latest Awards:

Okay, my digital camera takes photos in jpeg, its 10.1 mp and I cant see blur
    Hi, names James. I am a web developer.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I did this as part of my A Level Computing Course. The textbook states about JPEG that "some visual quality is lost in the process" so Mentor is correct.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2962141...18030/sizes/l/

Likewise.

As I said before, JPEG does not inheriently cause the image to be blury. However, under certain conditions the image may be blury.

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Okay, my digital camera takes photos in jpeg, its 10.1 mp and I cant see blur
    We're not talking about it losing quality (Yes, it can lose image quality), just about if the image is blured or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyDuo View Post
    I did this as part of my A Level Computing Course. The textbook states about JPEG that "some visual quality is lost in the process" so Mentor is correct.
    Last edited by Tomm; 24-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12