HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The Last Airbender

I thought this would be more appropriate here because I know there are a lot of Avatar fans who flock to this section.

Well as you may or may not know M. Night Shyamalan (Director of Signs, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable) is making a trilogy of movies based off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. The teaser trailer and official website for the film were released today and I have to say... I'M DAMN HYPED! As a huge, huge, huge fan of Avatar and also a fan of M. Night Shyamalan, I've been keeping up to date with this film sicne it's announcement. I already had a lot of faith in Shyamalan, but now I'm sure he will be able to bring Avatar to the big screen.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRAILER
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The trailer doesn't show much at all but they've definitely got the choreography down. The air special effects looked really good as well, but I won't say anything more until I've seen all of the elements. The characters look a little different from how they did in the cartoon, but they're still easily recognizable. The landscapes and fire nation battleships however match what was in the cartoon perfectly.

I seriously can't wait until July next year - I know I'm going to love this movie!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Looks sweet, but IMDB says Zuko is being played by the same guy who is the main character in Slumdog Millionaire, and Sokka is the guy from Twilight... I can't see that working at all.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Isnt there a debate on avatar. About it not being anime due to it being made in America but people labeling it anime because it looks like it or something? i dunno. sure i seen someone on here mention it.

Anyway havent seen the series so i dont care for the movie. But. from the trailer it did look good. and 100x better than dragonball lol.. should of gave dragonball to this guy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Looks sweet, but IMDB says Zuko is being played by the same guy who is the main character in Slumdog Millionaire, and Sokka is the guy from Twilight... I can't see that working at all.
    Well they kinda ****** up Zuko. Why is his scar hardly there? Where's his ponytail?

The ponytail could be explained by basing his character on second season Zuko where he cut it off to finally say "I'm no longer part of the fire nation." But the fact of the matter is that in the first season, which this movie is based on, Zuko did have his ponytail so it should be there. A ponytail represents that you are part of the fire nation, taking it away already is bascially saying that Zuko has already given up hope of being unbanished? He has already distinguished himself from the fire nation? That kind of mucks things up considering Zuko has real trouble coming to terms with his banishment. It's a feature length film based on twenty, twenty five minute episodes though, so I doubt they have time to pick up on the small details so maybe it won't matter. It's all down to his acting at the end of the day.

Zuko pictures below

Hopefully they'll look better when they're spiced up and in-motion, which I'm counting on after seeing the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    Isnt there a debate on avatar. About it not being anime due to it being made in America but people labeling it anime because it looks like it or something? i dunno. sure i seen someone on here mention it.

Anyway havent seen the series so i dont care for the movie. But. from the trailer it did look good. and 100x better than dragonball lol.. should of gave dragonball to this guy.
    Why should there be a debate? It's a fact that it isn't anime. I hate to say it but everyone who labels it anime is undoubtedly wrong. Which did previously include myself.

You haven't lived until you've seen Avatar! I love it as much as I love Gintama.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I really don't care.

I absolutely love Avatar, it's so awesome it makes me wet. But as soon as I heard Dev Patel will be playing Zukko, it's just ruined it. Aang looks like crap, and I don't get the point of the trailer?

The Air tribe temples are being attacked... and Aang puts out his candles?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a teaser trailer, that won't be in the film. It's just there to give people an idea of what the movie will be like, and to show off the main characters skills.

I didn't really like the way Aang looked at first, but he looks like a monk and kinda has the arrows so I'd say they done a pretty good job. I'm still unsure about Zuko, and I don't know Dev Patel's acting abilities, but I'll trust in Shyamalan's direction. Although I read a news article yesterday about the film which stated that Shyamalan and Patel were filming a scene again and again trying to get it perfect, but in the end Shyamalan decided to move on and said "We'll live with it." NOOOO, make it perfect!
    Last edited by Neversoft; 24-06-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The whole film will just be crap though. I don't like Shyalaman, I just think the film is going to look stupid. The actors look half-assed as well.

I really doubt I'll get hyped about this.

See he looks stupid, it's like Dragonball... not as bad, but getting there.

Also, everyone is middle-eastern? Is that his idea of what eastern asia is?
    Last edited by Roboevil; 24-06-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's your opinion and fair enough, but the reason you hate Shyamalan is probably why you think it's going to be crap. The creators and writers of the series are working on the production as executive producers, so theres a huge plus right there. Shyamalan himself is also a huge fan of the show, so I'm sure he's going to do the very best he can to make the movies good. The only actors that have been shown are Aang and Zuko, you can't judge how the rest of the cast will be on them. Anyway, I admit Zuko could be better but whats wrong with Aang?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He just doesn't look comfortable. He looks like a baby.

I don't know why I'm being funny about this, but the whole thing just doesn't reek awesomeness to me.

I am confident that it won't ruin the franchise, 3 films is enough for the series.
    There isn't much to the series for Shyamalan to have to cut out to shorten the films (like they did with Harry Potter. Most of it was just filler episodes anyway, I hope he keeps blood bending though.

Also, although it did in the series, I bet watching the films it'll seem like Aang learns the other three elements in 10 minutes.

Oh and I want to see Toph. If she's awesome, then I'll tolerate the films.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Haha, that's what I thought just now as I watched the trailer again. He has real puffy cheeks and everything, and he's really small but does that not fit Aang's character perfectly? He is suppost to be ten years old afterall. It's great that they cast someone of the same age. My only concern is that I hope it doesn't go the way of Harry Potter. I hope that in the last film he doesn't suddenly hit puberty and look twenty years old.

I agree, they need to keep bloodbending in because it aids Katara in her last battle against Azula. If they take it out then... FUUUUU--- RAGEEEE!!!! Oh my god that reminds me - Azula! If they cast her wrong then the film is potentially ruined!

Indeed, but I guess theres no way around that. I just hope it isn't a simple "Beat me and you'll learn this" or "Go off and train for 20 days and 20 nights and magically you'll learn this". It shouldn't be considering the writers of the series also wrote the script for the movie though. Plus Aang only has to learn one element a movie, so maybe it won't be that bad if the movies are a decent length.

We'll have to wait until the second movie to see Toph so I'm trying not to worry about her at the moment. I hope they don't touch the fact that shes blind AT ALL - it's what makes her character! DO NOT TAKE AWAY SOMETHING SO SIGNIFICANT! They'll also have to cast someone pretty... intriguing. Toph isn't exactly your average character and I also hope they get the clothing and design right.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast