HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Exclamation Competition Idea

Hey,

Main Idea!:

I know we have been trying to cut down on server load, but I think this idea may be good.

Basically I think there should be two sub-forums for competitions ~ one for habbo prizes and one for Forum prizes. I think this should be done as many users to not actually play habbo anymore, but would like the chance to win VIP. This would also make it easier to check that competitions are being made equally for both usergroups of the forum.

Many users complain about not having enough chance to get VIP, and it is even worse as lets be honest, nobody wants to check every competition thread to see if it is habbo or non-habbo prizes. This would also encourage more people to go into the competitions, as at the moment the only users that really go into the Competition forum are habbo players. that would like some more 'furni'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended Idea!:

Adding on to my main idea of having a competitions forum for both habbo and non-habbo users..

I think the Competitions department could also have Habbo and Non-Habbo Competition Staff.

The ranking would work like this:

Habbo Competition Staff ____\
    ------------------------------> Senior Competitions Staff > Deputy > Manager
    Non Habbo Competition Staff /

Senior Competition Staff would be expected to do both habbo AND non-habbo competitions.

So how would this help?: I think this would be a good idea, as it may encourage non-habbo users on the forum to apply for Competitions Staff as they won't have to do anything based on habbo. It could also be good as you won't end up with all the department only posting for Habbo, ignoring the non-habbo part of the community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't have a go if you don't like the idea, Constructive Criticism is welcome though. Obviously not everyone will like this, but I just think it will be easier for everyone, not only that though, it will give users who do not play habbo, more of a chance to get VIP.

Thanks for reading,

Dom

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is weird. I was going to post a very similar idea. I think mine is a bit different but I'll use this thread anyway. Basically, a lot of members on HxF no longer use Habbo, not regularly anyway.

My idea is to have "announcement competitions". I'm not going to take this idea and say I thought of it. I've seen it be very successful on clubhabboforum which seems to be just as busy as HxF as of late. Basically, a competition is posted in the announcement forum and the prize of often +reputation or VIP or what not.

I'll post a few links to show you what I mean:
    http://www.clubhabbo.net/showthread.php?t=208477
    http://www.clubhabbo.net/showthread.php?t=208647
    http://www.clubhabbo.net/showthread.php?t=207653

That's just a few examples so you get what I'm on about. I think this can only make HxF better. It's just a bit of fun for the people who no longer / can no longer use Habbo. I've seen it on CHF - who admittedly seem to have a younger user base - but it's been very successful with a good amount of entrants for each one.

I know for sure if this type of competition was introduced to the forum me and many others would enter. The prize could be tiny, its fundamental function would be to ease boredom and have a laugh, something that should never go a miss on a teen forum.

Like the post above - if anyone is negative without being constructive -rep will be awarded because it seems to be a recurring theme of feedback lately people being excessively rude and sarcastic, I don't care if it's in other forums but yeah.

Anyway, just an idea. Thoughts?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Great minds think alike Jake!

---

They are some really good competitions and as you say the prize doesn't need to be huge. And since VIP cannot be sold, even one month isn't gonig to cost habbox ANYTHING.

Things like the poem thing and captions would be great.

The competitions do not need to be like the habb ones where you design rooms, make up stories, as to be honest that is more of a thing younger users would enjoy doing.

The caption one would be just like VIP's used to do as Competition's, but obviously no habbo prizes whatsoever.

This would lighten the mood, and a thread could also be made when the competition ended of some of the entries just for fun. Like the person who thought up the competition could make a thread and post a few entries that he/she liked. Would be a laugh!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah. For instance on clubhabbo, a user makes a thread about each announcement competition talking about it. Most people think it's quite fun, I don't see why it wouldn't work on here. Within the thread people post their entries etc. The only thing is I can see people picking their friends as winner seeing as you'd have to PM the entry to the events organiser.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    Yeah. For instance on clubhabbo, a user makes a thread about each announcement competition talking about it. Most people think it's quite fun, I don't see why it wouldn't work on here. Within the thread people post their entries etc. The only thing is I can see people picking their friends as winner seeing as you'd have to PM the entry to the events organiser.
    Perhaps then a voting scheme?

Like event organisers pick their top 5 favourite or something, then post them all in a thread normal users CANNOT post it. Then make a poll saying 'What was your favourite entry' Option 1 Option 2 etc. (The numbers of all options would be on the post). I know users could still go around asking friends to vote - but they would be very sad.

Also Jake picking friends to win could be the same with ANY competition

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That just complicates matters. I'm sure whoever the Events Manager is (sorry for not knowing ) would consider such bias when choosing who would run announcement competitions should the idea be implemented which would eradicate any such issues.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    That just complicates matters. I'm sure whoever the Events Manager is (sorry for not knowing ) would consider such bias when choosing who would run announcement competitions should the idea be implemented which would eradicate any such issues.

True.

Perhaps thats the job of Senior Competitions Staff?

Afterall the manager must have trust in them?

---

Wow Jake we are like on Dragons Den pitching our idea to the Dragons (In this case management) haha

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dom C View Post
    Senior Competition Staff would be expected to do both habbo AND non-habbo competitions.
    Thanks a lot. lol oj

I agree that competitions could start appealing to more people as entries seem to be decreasing. I'm sure it'd be easier if there were two forums but is it really nessecary (I can never spell that word )? We could add prefixes like [Habbo] [Habbox] without having to revert to two forums. There are a few competitions that have both Habbo and Non-Habbo prizes. If you don't really want the Habbo prize, you could donate it back to the competitions department to reuse again! You could keep the Habbox prize and as Jake said, it would 'ease boredom and [be] a laugh.'

I think Jake's would be a good idea as well but I do think the prizes would need to be toned down. 1000 reputation points seems a bit much but you don't seem too bothered by that so problem solved
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 11-07-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I think Jake's would be a good idea as well but I do think the prizes would need to be toned down. 1000 reputation points seems a bit much but you don't seem too bothered by that so problem solved
    Aha yeah. They have a very different reputation system than we have here. I mean I'd enter to ease boredom. Don't forget the forum will be a lot busier with people getting bored during time off school - it'd be a good way for people to channel their boredom The prize could be like 80 reputation points or whatever, it wouldn't really hurt anyone or make a dramatic difference with the strict reputation system

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yonder

Latest Awards:

Nice ideas, deffo needs to a distinct difference in the two types of comps. Prefix would do nicely. Though we still need a lot more forum comps (vip) in generally, but very good ideas guys.

I did mention something similar to someone on msn other day
    Last edited by Yonder; 11-07-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast