HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

soz im pretty defensive about this sort of ****, i can't be doin with spoilt rich children moaning about not having EMA.

sorry for verbally attacking you.

maybe i did jump the gun, but i have my reasons.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it's fair. We're not the richest of all families and when my sister had EMA I think she was allowed £10 a week. I know people who claim benefits and everything and their kids will get/have got £30 a week. All you rich kids on here, shut up, stop moaning. At least you family actually has the money to give to you and it's their choice wether they want to give it to you or not. Some people don't have that choice as parents don't always have the money. Hopefully, I should be allowed the full £30 a week.
    Last edited by Geraint; 30-07-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    I think it's fair. We're not the richest of all families and when my sister had EMA I think she was allowed £10 a week. I know people who claim benefits and everything and their kids will get/have got £30 a week. All you rich kids on here, shut up, stop moaning. At least you family actually has the money to give to you and it's their choice wether they won't to give it to you or not. Some people don't have that choice as parents don't always have the money. Hopefully, I should be allowed the full £30 a week.
    totally agree, this man has his dead screwed on, some of you guys should take note.

-COUGH- TO BAD HES WELSH -COUGH-

only kiddin geraint.
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 30-07-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Teabags

Latest Awards:

I'm currently not claiming EMA, but I do wonder, because I just scrape into the zone of not collecting EMA if I still could claim. Purely based on the fact that I have a twin brother; so would that allow myself to claim EMA by having less money per child?

superhappy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    soz im pretty defensive about this sort of ****, i can't be doin with spoilt rich children moaning about not having EMA.

im not even moaning about it lol. its a fair concept, however it becomes unfair when those who recieve EMA use it for purposes other than for the intended reasons, eg, alcohol, personal convinience, etc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

I think the people on this forum whos families have enough money to fund their children with £30 a week should stop moaning, stop being spoilt, EMA is for students whos families are struggling, for children that will need help in their later years, it isn't about "OH MY FAMILY OWNS OVER 25K I DONT GET EMA THATS UNFAIR ON ME!!" - it isn't, because you're family are obviously easily coping, your family earns enough to fund you with how much you need weekly.
    That isn't entirely true for everyone though.. i don't get it and my family doesn't really have much money left over. I think I would've been able to get it but my stepdad got promoted and a payrise for a year so that meant I didn't. But he has 4 kids that he has to support aswell as my brother and I think we were only just over the cut-off point. My brother got £30 whilst I was living with my mum and dad and we seemed to have more to spare back then but now it's the other way round. And two of my stepdad's kids don't live near so he has to payout to go and see them and then when they come here to stay he feels he has to take them out places or he'll feel bad, then when we go down to see my family each summer that costs a fair bit in petrol aswell and by the time it's christmas and birthdays and whatnot there's not alot left. Mum has to give me £25 a week just for my lunch and bus ticket but now i started coming home for lunch instead to save her £40 a month. My stepdad has to carry on paying off a loan from his old relationship which his ex doesn't help with at all and both him and my mum left their old relationships without getting anything from the houses so we were even more stuck for money and still are. /lifestory.

So basically if they took circumstances into account then it'd be a better system.

cake

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by infrequent View Post
    That isn't entirely true for everyone though.. i don't get it and my family doesn't really have much money left over. I think I would've been able to get it but my stepdad got promoted and a payrise for a year so that meant I didn't. But he has 4 kids that he has to support aswell as my brother and I think we were only just over the cut-off point. My brother got £30 whilst I was living with my mum and dad and we seemed to have more to spare back then but now it's the other way round. And two of my stepdad's kids don't live near so he has to payout to go and see them and then when they come here to stay he feels he has to take them out places or he'll feel bad, then when we go down to see my family each summer that costs a fair bit in petrol aswell and by the time it's christmas and birthdays and whatnot there's not alot left. Mum has to give me £25 a week just for my lunch and bus ticket but now i started coming home for lunch instead to save her £40 a month. My stepdad has to carry on paying off a loan from his old relationship which his ex doesn't help with at all and both him and my mum left their old relationships without getting anything from the houses so we were even more stuck for money and still are. /lifestory.

So basically if they took circumstances into account then it'd be a better system.
    well that isn't the governments fault at the end of the day.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Your household income (for financial year 2008-09)
    How much EMA you get up to £20,817 per year £30 per week £20,818 -

£25,521 per year £20 a week

£25,522 - £30,810 per year £10 a week more than

£30,810 per yearno entitlement to EMA
    I'll be getting thirty quid a week.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Psych. View Post
    I'll be getting thirty quid a week.
    welcome to the group bruva

Tokens

Can you stop saying spoilt rich kids? Or I shall start calling you an unwanted poor kid.

Just because peoples parents earn over 31k a years doesn't make them rich. Alot of peopel do helpful things with there money. Alot of peoples money goes to tax's which pay for your pointless £100 bouns in the summer.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast