HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default "Arguments & Bullying Thread"

Hi.

I have noticed that in the past month the thread has been bumped 3 times, before the bump made by MattGarner here. The thread had been untouched since 30-07-08.

Perhaps, instead of bumping the thread which doesn't really do much, sort out the rule breaking. I guess the purpose of you doing this is to remind people that it isn't allowed... however, it obviously doesn't serve it's purpose as it has been posted in three times in the month. One of the bumps was even two days after it had been bumped previously
    - 13-07-2009, 10:44 PM
    - 15-07-2009, 08:18 PM
    So if bullying and arguments is this much of a problem, surely it tells you that something is going wrong somewhere, whether it be sanctioning, moderating or the rules. tbf, I haven't really seen many arguments or bullying in the spam forum recently, perhaps this is because the threads have been moved? :S ... that I am not sure of. Or, is the thread being bumped to make it look like there is an active role being played?

I am not going to accuse anybody of anything, I am just laying down the possible answers and flaws in the "plan" to reduce the supposed "bullying and arguments".

byeee.

drink up this bottle of yeah
    and P A I N T your body on me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I still disagree with the auguments clause. Banning augument is paramount to banning talking, why is it such a bad thing if people disagree. Banning flaming maybe, but augument??

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

This is kind of like Jens thread but you’re going into it more. Action was taken by a Forum Moderator and Super Moderator last night and this morning. Although, there was an action plan of bringing in "Spam Forum Bans" that would ban certain users from having access to the spam forum for a period of time. These should of be done by someone else but he never got round to setting them up, although If this is still allowed; I will get them up and running soon.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
    I still disagree with the auguments clause. Banning augument is paramount to banning talking, why is it such a bad thing if people disagree. Banning flaming maybe, but augument??
    I think that's what they're talking about but have just put it in vague terms rather than specifically saying flaming, so perhaps it should be changed to flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
    This is kind of like Jens thread but you’re going into it more. Action was taken by a Forum Moderator and Super Moderator last night and this morning. Although, there was an action plan of bringing in "Spam Forum Bans" that would ban certain users from having access to the spam forum for a period of time. These should of be done by someone else but he never got round to setting them up, although If this is still allowed; I will get them up and running soon.
    If Jen hadn't mentioned Spam bans then you wouldn't have even thought about them, I am sure. Still, even when these "bans" are brought in, the arguments and bullying thread will still be bumped, aye?
    Last edited by myke; 14-08-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    I think that's what they're talking about but have just put it in vague terms rather than specifically saying flaming, so perhaps it should be changed to flaming.

If Jen hadn't mentioned Spam bans then you wouldn't have even thought about them, I am sure. Still, even when these "bans" are brought in, the arguments and bullying thread will still be bumped, aye?
    The thread wouldn't need to be bumped when the "members" have been banned for them reasons? You are correct regarding the spam bans as I always thought they were done. But since no one has actually mentioned them to me since the 10th May. Then you forget these things .

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
    The thread wouldn't need to be bumped when the "members" have been banned for them reasons? You are correct regarding the spam bans as I always thought they were done. But since no one has actually mentioned them to me since the 10th May. Then you forget these things .
    You should know if they have been done or not, you're Forum Manager

The thread could be removed and add the rules to the normal forum rules (which are probably already on there) and just force the user to read the forum rules again? Rather than bumping the thread so that the whole community have it showing up, which doesn't effect anything, which has been proven by the amount of times it has been posted in.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Myke View Post
    You should know if they have been done or not, you're Forum Manager

The thread could be removed and add the rules to the normal forum rules (which are probably already on there) and just force the user to read the forum rules again? Rather than bumping the thread so that the whole community have it showing up, which doesn't effect anything, which has been proven by the amount of times it has been posted in.

Indeed, but when you get told someone would be doing them and you would automatically think they would of been done? But I will take the blame though. . Yeah your suggestion is a good idea, I will get the usergroups sorted then I will get around with removing that thread.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Maybe the rules shouldn't be as strict :rolleyes: never mind ay

cautions ban people from the spam forum anyway

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i remember when i bumped it. it was on a night where there were people banned. it shouldn't be bumped for one argumentative thread, it's simply ridiculous. this is a teen forum, a forum suggests that you can discuss your thoughts and opinions and teen would suggest that it's not going to be all that mature so arguments or a better would disagreements are going to break out. you then give negative sanctions to the users in question rather than bumping the god damn sticky for one argument. how on earth is that combating anything... bump it when there are huge arguments with masses of people getting involved to remind people.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    i remember when i bumped it. it was on a night where there were people banned. it shouldn't be bumped for one argumentative thread, it's simply ridiculous. this is a teen forum, a forum suggests that you can discuss your thoughts and opinions and teen would suggest that it's not going to be all that mature so arguments or a better would disagreements are going to break out. you then give negative sanctions to the users in question rather than bumping the god damn sticky for one argument. how on earth is that combating anything... bump it when there are huge arguments with masses of people getting involved to remind people.
    That thread is being removed.

Previous Habbox Roles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast