HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: GCSE Results :)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    since when did universitys look at GCSEs? i thought they looked at A level results..?
    they look at A Levels, as well as GCSES. obviously A levels are more important, but consider a case with two applicants with the exact same AS results, they would need to look further to GCSES.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyX View Post
    Lots of people get 3 A's at A level now so Universities need to try and distinguish between the candidates and they do that by looking at GCSE results. The new A* has been introduced at A level which means that A level candidates can be distinguished between so maybe now they will look less at GCSEs but they are still important. 6 A*s and 4 As is the minimum Oxbridge will accept.
    Agree with all there except part I've bolded, thats a complete fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by Soy View Post
    Universities use a point system gained from A levels
    True, but a fair few mainly base on offer on certain grades in certain subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyX View Post
    They use UCAS and you get a certain amount of UCAS points for each grade in GCSE and top universities require a certain number of UCAS points which can only be obtained with high GCSE grades.
    You get no UCAS Points for GCSES. UCAS points are obtained from A Levels/various other qualifications, not GCSES.

As far as I know, the only place that is obsessed with getting A*s at GCSE is Durham. If you want to apply to a top university just make sure you've got really good AS results, and a passionate personal statement about the chosen degree subject.

GCSES are mainly the stepping stone to A Levels, and A Levels the stepping stones to University, with University degree being the most important when applying for a job. Of course, if there are two identical applicants then your GCSES/A Levels may prove to be important so it is always worth working at them rather than saying 'oh well' they are pointless.'
    Last edited by Soka; 09-09-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
    Muhammad Ali

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

science - A
    Math mod 3 - A (1mark off A* so i'm re-taking)
    Math mod 3 - A*
    PE - A* (Top mark out of my year with 435/470 BOOM)
    Geog - A (re-take because i got one over A)

i've only just gone into year 11 so yeah i didn't get many i need to re-take a couple science modules aswell i think just to bump it up a bit more so i don't slip into the B Zone

Tokens

Biology - C
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B

They were just modules though, the first modules I got A in physics, and B in the other 2. I've gone downhill, oh well

Those were the only results I got though, I'm Year 10 now, but I did those a few months back in Year 9

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415