HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: GCSE Results :)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMacC View Post
    Jason you always get top notch grades. Im going to go for all A*'s in 6th form because no way am I wasting two years of my life just to go in there and mess around.

CCEA released their results today although I only do English and Maths with them, rest of thursday.
    English - A
    Maths - B
    That's not true, Paul, my grades in previous years weren't that great, though it's probably because my teachers don't really like me.

Does the A* in AS/A level system kick in next year? I've done German and Maths AS and will go for 4 more Maths modules as well as physics, chemistry and biology AS this year. Still deciding on whether to take further AS or further A for Maths.

Strangely enough, I think I'm the only person in the grade to get higher in English language instead of either the same or lower than literature... People in the other classes are complaining that their teachers killed their coursework.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

omg how are people getting A's and A* i know for sure i wont get A's got some smart people on the forum

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know I've done bad in Astronomy and RS because I just can't do RS and in Astronomy our teacher didn't go through everything so no one in my class knew what most of the paper was about.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Isoelectric

I got 8/9 of my GCSEs today

Additional Maths: A
    English Language: A
    Geography: A
    English Literature: A*
    Double Award Science: AA
    Technology & Design: A
    Maths: A*

Completely unexpected o.o I thought I was gonna get like mostly A's and B's nevermind A*'s!!! Still have German to get on thursday though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DieselShaq View Post
    That's not true, Paul, my grades in previous years weren't that great, though it's probably because my teachers don't really like me.

Does the A* in AS/A level system kick in next year? I've done German and Maths AS and will go for 4 more Maths modules as well as physics, chemistry and biology AS this year. Still deciding on whether to take further AS or further A for Maths.

Strangely enough, I think I'm the only person in the grade to get higher in English language instead of either the same or lower than literature... People in the other classes are complaining that their teachers killed their coursework.
    Yeah, I'm the first year who can get A* at A2, next year. It's alright for you but annoying for me because although I was only a few marks off straight As which is the highest grade atm you'd need 90% for A* next year and none of my exams were that high my higest was 86% Although I got 90%+ in some modules and 100% in one.

Ah well, I'll do my best

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by superstar911 View Post
    Hey

Northern Ireland boards released the GCSE results today and so I got a few of mine.

English - C
    History - C
    Journalism - B (4 marks off an A, I'm really disappointed as I was predicted a high A)
    ICT - A
    Learning for Life and Work - A

Get the rest of mine on Thursday. Anyone else know there's? Good luck.
    Congrats - How annoying being 4 marks off B is still good though! Could you get your exam paper or coursework remarked? Good luck with the rest of your results

Quote Originally Posted by DieselShaq View Post
    Chinese: A*
    German: A*
    French: A*
    Economics: A*
    English Literature: A
    English Language: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*

All higher tier/extended. Did Chinese, German, French and Maths last year. The rest this year. Still got Geography to be released this Thursday. Hoping for another A* =)
    Congrats :eusa_clap

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMacC View Post
    Jason you always get top notch grades. Im going to go for all A*'s in 6th form because no way am I wasting two years of my life just to go in there and mess around.

CCEA released their results today although I only do English and Maths with them, rest of thursday.
    English - A
    Maths - B
    Congrats Paul :eusa_danc:eusa_clap Good luck with the rest of your results

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_<3 View Post
    I got 8/9 of my GCSEs today

Additional Maths: A
    English Language: A
    Geography: A
    English Literature: A*
    Double Award Science: AA
    Technology & Design: A

Completely unexpected o.o I thought I was gonna get like mostly A's and B's nevermind A*'s!!! Still have German to get on thursday though.
    Congrats! What a nice surprise - Good luck with your German results

Danielle

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    Yeah, I'm the first year who can get A* at A2, next year. It's alright for you but annoying for me because although I was only a few marks off straight As which is the highest grade atm you'd need 90% for A* next year and none of my exams were that high my higest was 86% Although I got 90%+ in some modules and 100% in one.

Ah well, I'll do my best
    my sixth form college has some sort of links with OCR and the year above were trialled with A*s.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post

Ah well, I'll do my best
    You only need to get 90% aggregated in the A2 Modules (270/300), and 80% overall over the whole course (480+/600) for A*. So your still on for it in all of your subjects really. Eg. you could get 210/300 at AS (grade B), but then get 270/300 at A2 (grade A), which would give you an A*.

I'm glad i was last year without A*s because it means you can't slack off at A2 if your going for an A*.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
    Muhammad Ali

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    my sixth form college has some sort of links with OCR and the year above were trialled with A*s.
    ooooooo, did many people get them? (if you know) (hiya sam xxx)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soka View Post
    You only need to get 90% aggregated in the A2 Modules (270/300), and 80% overall over the whole course (480+/600) for A*. So your still on for it in all of your subjects really. Eg. you could get 210/300 at AS (grade B), but then get 270/300 at A2 (grade A), which would give you an A*.

I'm glad i was last year without A*s because it means you can't slack off at A2 if your going for an A*.
    oh rightio. fingers crossed. would be lush to get at least 1 A*

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flamedragon3

God how are people getting A*'s seriously? :S I'm looking to get mostly B's and a few A's possibly lol. Can anyone who did GCSE's last year tell me what they got compared to their predicted grades?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast