HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #getwellkyle

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default #getwellkyle

Kyle is 20 years old and lives in DeBary, Florida. He currently attends Stetson University on scholarship and plays every sport known to man, his favorite being basketball. Kyle is 6-11', 200lbs and is built to play basketball. He is a kindhearted person with love in his heart for everyone he comes in contact with. On Sundays, he will help his church with nursery and every kid loves him. His attitude is always positive and he fills everyone around him with laughter. Kyle and his family are modest and ask nothing from anyone that isn't needed. Kyle loves helping others in need – now Kyle needs your help.

Kyle and his family could not afford health insurance.

• On Friday August 28, 2009 Kyle was admitted to Halifax hospital because his legs lost function. After much excruciating pain, the doctors moved him to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and monitored him closely as his breathing began to slow and the numbness grew to his lower abdomen and into his arms.
    • On Sunday August 30, 2009 Kyle was finally diagnosed with Guillian Barra Syndrome (GBS). GBS is a very rare (1/100,000) syndrome that causes the body to slowly go numb starting from the feet working its way up. Doctors began one of only two known treatments right away.
    • On Monday August 31, 2009 Kyle went critical as the numbness spread to his diaphragm and slowly started to cause a pressure on his lungs that made it nearly impossible to breathe. Doctors prepared a tube for the breathing apparatus but thankfully, he restored his breathing himself. Hours later, the numbness moved down his chest an inch and a half. By now, he had no movement whatsoever.
    • On Tuesday September 1, 2009 Kyle was also diagnosed with Lyme disease. This is what doctors believe caused lowered his immune system when he somehow got GBS. Doctors quickly began treatment for the Lyme's and his progress has slowly improved.

Help support Kyle and his family by donating just a small amount or by tweeting your support. Help relieve his family of this financial burden with just a small token of your willingness to help Kyle get back on his feet with a full recovery. 100% of your donation will be used toward Kyle's recovery, there are no administration fees.

To donate to Kyle click here or to tweet your support click here.

By tweeting your support you also have the chance to win an 8GB iPod Touch.

To find out more about GetWellKyle, click here.

Thanks a lot ,
    Simon

Tokens

Sounds awefully a lot like a scam site that was going around last year, two photo's aren't very much proof, and I find it funny that they are offering an ipod. And if this was real, why could he not afford insurance? Sounds a bit iffy if you ask me. Just be careful if you are gonna donate online, there are a lot of scam sites.
    Cheap Layout Coding
    PM For Free Quote

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualG View Post
    Sounds awefully a lot like a scam site that was going around last year, two photo's aren't very much proof, and I find it funny that they are offering an ipod. And if this was real, why could he not afford insurance? Sounds a bit iffy if you ask me. Just be careful if you are gonna donate online, there are a lot of scam sites.
    I doubt invent would post a scam site, He has like 23018 vouches!
    My Edited Quotes

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualG View Post
    If you think it's fake then just view Joshua Hay's twitter, he regularly posts about Kyle and also posts photos.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

It's not a scam site :L.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HHGS.Net View Post
    It's not a scam site :L.
    Cheers Ross. People are too quick to call something a scam these days.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

http://www.getwellkyle.org/
    is bringing up a blank screen, i tweeted it though to my lovers such as Dan and dominoes.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

http://www.getwellkyle.org/
    is bringing up a blank screen, i tweeted it though to my lovers such as Dan and dominoes.
    Yeah Joshua just emailed me. Our server provider had a network outage earlier so a few of our server processes were not running (like memcache). Should be fixed now though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

A wee error
    Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/gwk/public_html/_application/_views/layout/common.html on line 13

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A wee error
    Don't worry that's also been sorted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast