HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Dubbed or Subbed?

Dubbed or Subbed?

Dubbed for me, just because I prefer listening to English not Jap/Chi - I understand it more.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Subbed, and ill let chris write an essay as to why i believe this, plus some other points i dont care about :]

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zokoli View Post
    Dubbed or Subbed?

Dubbed for me, just because I prefer listening to English not Jap/Chi - I understand it more.
    Firstly, Japanese or Jp. Jap is seen as offensive just like saying the 4 letter word for a pakistani. And also its just japanese not chinese. that would be a chinese dub.

I dont mind both aslong as its done by a decent company such as Funimation, But i will always watch the show in Jp before the dub. i only watch dubs if i get the dvd it gives me a reason to watch them again providing there good.

i dont wanna spend time writing an essay. ill just see what chris says.
    Just a few points tho.

- Subs are the orgional, So ill watch it the way it was intended.
    - Dub only people have to wait longer and also have less of a selection of anime to choose from since only certain series ever get picked up.
    - Edited scenes or scenes cut out complely
    - Bad voice acting, Like terrible or the voices dont even match the character.
    - Poorly done just to get as much money asap, and sometimes releasing Dub only dvds.
    - Violence is Sometimes cut or cut down a little.
    - The actual voice acting and the way it is presented can be terrible.Such as emotional scenes and the character sounds the same no changes ( Naruto )
    - Remove the background music and replace with crappy inhouse music

All i can think off. Like i said i like dubs aswell. i just hate Dub only watchers. Funimation and Adv and Geneon all did well witht here dubs and how they presented there dvds. (Uncut only dvds) where as 4kids just ruin shows and are racist. 4kids is up for sale anyway so ha.

Only a naruto comparison vid on youtube
    "The Japanese voice actors aren't as enthusiastic as the English voice actors.
    It makes no sense why most people say jap dubs > eng dubs. "

ROFL
    Last edited by Southe,; 25-09-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    Firstly, Japanese or Jp. Jap is seen as offensive just like saying the 4 letter word for a pakistani. And also its just japanese not chinese. that would be a chinese dub.

I dont mind both aslong as its done by a decent company such as Funimation, But i will always watch the show in Jp before the dub. i only watch dubs if i get the dvd it gives me a reason to watch them again providing there good.

i dont wanna spend time writing an essay. ill just see what chris says.
    Just a few points tho.

- Subs are the orgional, So ill watch it the way it was intended.
    - Dub only people have to wait longer and also have less of a selection of anime to choose from since only certain series ever get picked up.
    - Edited scenes or scenes cut out complely
    - Bad voice acting, Like terrible or the voices dont even match the character.
    - Poorly done just to get as much money asap, and sometimes releasing Dub only dvds.
    - Violence is Sometimes cut or cut down a little.
    - The actual voice acting and the way it is presented can be terrible.Such as emotional scenes and the character sounds the same no changes ( Naruto )
    - Remove the background music and replace with crappy inhouse music

All i can think off. Like i said i like dubs aswell. i just hate Dub only watchers. Funimation and Adv and Geneon all did well witht here dubs and how they presented there dvds. (Uncut only dvds) where as 4kids just ruin shows and are racist. 4kids is up for sale anyway so ha.

Only a naruto comparison vid on youtube
    "The Japanese voice actors aren't as enthusiastic as the English voice actors.
    It makes no sense why most people say jap dubs > eng dubs. "

ROFL
    Purdy much.
    Subs for me, the only dubbed series I have watched is Welcome To The NHK (First 10 Episodes) and DBZ
    No longer active on here

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'll watch a series dubbed if it isn't an awful dub and the dub has been completed, otherwise sub. (Bleach is horrible dub I think). I may watch most series dubbed, however I can respect that in most cases, the sub has better voice acting.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMacC View Post
    Purdy much.
    Subs for me, the only dubbed series I have watched is Welcome To The NHK (First 10 Episodes) and DBZ
    Havent seen the NHK dub yet, ill have a look at it when i get it tho. heard it was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    I'll watch a series dubbed if it isn't an awful dub and the dub has been completed, otherwise sub. (Bleach is horrible dub I think). I may watch most series dubbed, however I can respect that in most cases, the sub has better voice acting.
    See in your case thats fine. but people who just dont even bother with subs is what annoys me. and then claiming its th ebetter version as seen on youtube.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Dubbed.

Unless its Naruto which has to be subbed due to there being a lack of dubs >.<

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Obviously you understand it better in English because you're not Japanese :rolleyes:
    nor am I yet I still find it much more effective to watch it subbed, not so hard to read a few subtitles, the whole "I wanna listen and look at other things so i'll listen to it in English" argument is pretty **** because you should be wathing it to get the whole entertainment. whatever. subs > dubs but i'm not gonna hold it against anyone that thinks differently...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Obviously you understand it better in English because you're not Japanese :rolleyes:
    nor am I yet I still find it much more effective to watch it subbed, not so hard to read a few subtitles, the whole "I wanna listen and look at other things so i'll listen to it in English" argument is pretty **** because you should be wathing it to get the whole entertainment. whatever. subs > dubs but i'm not gonna hold it against anyone that thinks differently...
    :eusa_clap lol. but yea agreed,

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMacC View Post
    Purdy much.
    Same, except not HK, but i have seen FMA and that was a bloody brilliant dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    :eusa_clap lol. but yea agreed,
    I love how u unbolded the "and wont hold it against them" bit :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast