HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic cars?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    You don't really override anything.. you basically give the engine an idea of when you want to shift.

Yeah you can shift up real fast from first to third.. but your engine is not going to actually put the shift into effect until the RPMs reach the necessary range.

That's why with AutoStick, your shifts are usually delayed a few seconds.
    Yeah, they are defiantly delayed!
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I mean it depends on what you are driving.

My buddy's 08 crossfire has maybe a 3 second delay? depends on what your RPMs are at.

And if he tries to rev it past 6300 in autostick in 1st gear.. it automatically shifts.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    I mean it depends on what you are driving.

My buddy's 08 crossfire has maybe a 3 second delay? depends on what your RPMs are at.

And if he tries to rev it past 6300 in autostick in 1st gear.. it automatically shifts.
    I'm not a fan of the Autostick, my friend Jenn, her parents had a pacifica and it was so pointless!
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I drive a manual car my car is a 1.4 so its always fun on the motorway to experiment with gears and stuff to see if I can keep up with more powerful super cars (of course I always fail).

My dad however has an car that can switch between manual or automatic and I don't think he ever uses manuel he has told me its if anything more for his convience as he has to drive large distances for work so finds it more relaxing when he's caught in traffic to just use automatic.
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's why with AutoStick, your shifts are usually delayed a few seconds. [/QUOTE]
    I've driven a automatic and I didn't find anything wrong with it. I didn't feel any of this 'had no control'. I just put it into Drive and begun. I always just put it in Neutral down hills or when I have speed if I needed too and tbh it was easier to drink my coffee and drive with a automatic.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why put it in neutral down hills, an automatic transmission has a Torque Converter, just for that purpose.. it does it by itself.. that's why it's called an automatic.

You don't need to put it in neutral for that .

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My moms S550 is a 7-speed automatic, that thing has NO problem keeping up on the highway!

I wish the Honda was a manual somedays, especially in the winter but I'm lazy so the automatic is what I really should have!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i only know one person with an auto, my grandad. They're just really uncommon here, everyone I know learns with a manual.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

With a manual license you can drive both automatics and manual cars. With an automatic license, you can only drive manuals Automatic cars seemed to be used by the middle aged to elderly load of people in the United Kingdom, though it might change in different areas.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    With a manual license you can drive both automatics and manual cars. With an automatic license, you can only drive manuals Automatic cars seemed to be used by the middle aged to elderly load of people in the United Kingdom, though it might change in different areas.
    I think you got too carried away with 'manual'

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast