HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    LOL seriously? Fiasco? HARDLY! Lets not get started about which company has experienced more fiascos. I don't wish to mention the V word here.

And it does just work... I have half the problems running OS X than I do running Windows?
    It's a fiasco for Apple when they preach "It just works", especially when they appear cocky and arrogant about it It's funny to see them mess up, especially back when Microsoft had to bail them out of bankruptcy and you see a grovelling Steve Jobs getting boo'd at by Apple worshippers. It's one of those events you hope to see happen again, the tears coming from alot of the minority of "extremist" Apple users would be lol worthy

And your last paragraph was a contradiction in terms, but I'll let you off

"It just works yet you have half the problems" suggest it doesn't "just work" - it has fewer problems, though it varies on user intelligence mixed with quality of hardware and expertise anyway. Not had a single problem with 7 yet, the webcam installed itself in a matter of seconds last night

As a company, Apple is a joke. It's a shame their products are related to the company but obviously they cannot be seperated

EDIT: Oh dear, gay conversations in a technology thread... We're sinking to an all time low people
    Last edited by GommeInc; 24-10-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    It's a fiasco for Apple when they preach "It just works", especially when they appear cocky and arrogant about it It's funny to see them mess up, especially back when Microsoft had to bail them out of bankruptcy and you see a grovelling Steve Jobs getting boo'd at by Apple worshippers. It's one of those events you hope to see happen again, the tears coming from alot of the minority of "extremist" Apple users would be lol worthy

And your last paragraph was a contradiction in terms, but I'll let you off

"It just works yet you have half the problems" suggest it doesn't "just work" - it has fewer problems, though it varies on user intelligence mixed with quality of hardware and expertise anyway. Not had a single problem with 7 yet, the webcam installed itself in a matter of seconds last night

As a company, Apple is a joke. It's a shame their products are related to the company but obviously they cannot be seperated

They bailed them out because they had to.

They were booing Bill Gates, not Steve Jobs, AND they were booing the fact that they now had to use IE as a web browser. Trust me, I would have been booing too.

It just works as in it's fast and reliable. It has problems that don't really affect how fast it is, or reliable, as the problems are things like the over exaggerated guest account issue, which had absolutely zero affects on the majority of Mac users.

Yeah. OS X now measures gigabytes differently and I can't use my guest account. Mac users are converting back to Windows all over the world!!!
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They were booing Bill Gates, not Steve Jobs, AND they were booing the fact that they now had to use IE as a web browser. Trust me, I would have been booing too.

It just works as in it's fast and reliable. It has problems that don't really affect how fast it is, or reliable, as the problems are things like the over exaggerated guest account issue, which had absolutely zero affects on the majority of Mac users.

Yeah. OS X now measures gigabytes differently and I can't use my guest account. Mac users are converting back to Windows all over the world!!!
    Seemed like a mix response of boo'ing, for Jobs, Gates, Microsoft and Apple. It's a shame they had to, just let 'em crash and burn. Sod the shares and investments

And I've heard from a few people Snow Leopard was terrible when first installed, appearing slower than the previous version (Leopard?) and glitchy. Some uninstalled it and left it for a few days to wait and see if any updates fixed these issues. WIll have to see if they fixed this issue come to think of it :/ What's also bad is that it appears (from what I saw on Apple's website) that Snow Leopard can only be installed on Intel Macs? That's kinda bad - are there other companies that gave limitations on what machines they can be installed on? Just wondering Of course, this only effected a small group, but considering the machines aren't custom made or diverse as Linux or PC machines, it seemed a bit dodgy they had quite major issues.

And it's still quite a bad issue, true, no-one uses a guest account, but for such a small, insignificant feature, it's terrible that it was removing personal files without question - which is a big thing.

Anyway, my argument is with Apple and their dodgy slogans and terrible advertising, not with their users as it is their choice. It's mainly because they seem to not comment on things going wrong, yet **** off other companies. At least with Microsoft they say what their Operating System(s) can do, without the need of a belittling remark on the competition It seems to be how I buy products now, iPods **** off the competition, while Creative and Zunes don't and they just advertise their features with facts, not slander.

Anyway, this is turning into in lecture of an essay I did for coursework lol

EDIT: The 4 letter S word which describes Essex is filtered?! RACISM!
    Last edited by GommeInc; 24-10-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Stop being a fanboy. I use both on a regular basis. Both are good, 7 is better. And I disagree with the "just works" thing for mac. I find things "just work" more often with Windows.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Does your netbook have a 4GB ssd?

vlite only goes down to 3.8. Not enough.
    Wow that's harsh. Mine has 2GB ram and a 160gb hdd.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Seemed like a mix response of boo'ing, for Jobs, Gates, Microsoft and Apple. It's a shame they had to, just let 'em crash and burn. Sod the shares and investments
    If that happened we would all be using zunes, using 5 year out of date phones with no web browsers and Windows Vista would have looked amazing compared to what would have been out for us to use.
    And I've heard from a few people Snow Leopard was terrible when first installed, appearing slower than the previous version (Leopard?) and glitchy. Some uninstalled it and left it for a few days to wait and see if any updates fixed these issues. WIll have to see if they fixed this issue come to think of it :/
    Well it's working perfectly fine for me, and the other 20 mac users I've been speaking to...

What's also bad is that it appears (from what I saw on Apple's website) that Snow Leopard can only be installed on Intel Macs? That's kinda bad - are there other companies that gave limitations on what machines they can be installed on? Just wondering Of course, this only effected a small group, but considering the machines aren't custom made or diverse as Linux or PC machines, it seemed a bit dodgy they had quite major issues.
    You wouldn't reasonably try to install Vista or Windows 7 on a old computer. PPC macs aren't sold anymore. We're using Intel now. And if you say Snow Leopard is so bad then wouldn't these PPC users not want it anyway:eusa_wall
    And it's still quite a bad issue, true, no-one uses a guest account, but for such a small, insignificant feature, it's terrible that it was removing personal files without question - which is a big thing.
    Big consequences for using a feature nobody uses.

Anyway, my argument is with Apple and their dodgy slogans and terrible advertising, not with their users as it is their choice. It's mainly because they seem to not comment on things going wrong, yet **** off other companies. At least with Microsoft they say what their Operating System(s) can do, without the need of a belittling remark on the competition It seems to be how I buy products now, iPods **** off the competition, while Creative and Zunes don't and they just advertise their features with facts, not slander.

Steve Ballmer admitted that the day the Mac Advertisement campaign came out, it was not a happy day for him. He also admitted that the ads are now cultural. So I think they're successful .
    I thought you were swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by N!ck View Post
    Stop being a fanboy. I use both on a regular basis. Both are good, 7 is better. And I disagree with the "just works" thing for mac. I find things "just work" more often with Windows.
    I suppose we will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves, View Post
    Wow that's harsh. Mine has 2GB ram and a 160gb hdd.
    I got the SSD 4GB version, as it has a faster read/write supposedly, and I thought it would make Windows faster on it.

Windows is killing me on it, and hates my guts.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And I've heard from a few people Snow Leopard was terrible when first installed, appearing slower than the previous version (Leopard?) and glitchy. Some uninstalled it and left it for a few days to wait and see if any updates fixed these issues. WIll have to see if they fixed this issue come to think of it :/ What's also bad is that it appears (from what I saw on Apple's website) that Snow Leopard can only be installed on Intel Macs? That's kinda bad - are there other companies that gave limitations on what machines they can be installed on? Just wondering Of course, this only effected a small group, but considering the machines aren't custom made or diverse as Linux or PC machines, it seemed a bit dodgy they had quite major issues.

I agree to all what you say and I laughed so hard with the last bit you said that I put in bold! +rep for that!

Edit: I can't, gotta spread
    Last edited by Flisker; 24-10-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion
    *oh trust me
    *I would NEVER go ATi
    And 15 mins later...
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £195.73 1 £195.73
    *ordered.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If that happened we would all be using zunes, using 5 year out of date phones with no web browsers and Windows Vista would have looked amazing compared to what would have been out for us to use.
    Apple didn't introduce any of these and the chnaces are Vista would of not existed or worked out better. History might of changed alot. At least we won't have a company that's only ground for advertising is to put down the competition, which at the same time makes Apple look stupid Seriously, their ads have these hidden messages of how wonderful a Mac is in comparison to a PC, yet you could draw your own conclusions from the videos - PC is successful and Mac isn't. That's how I understood the ads at least It's shocking they made those ads in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser
    Well it's working perfectly fine for me, and the other 20 mac users I've been speaking to...
    I'm not denying it doesn't work for everyone, I'm just saying that it has a few errors which have effected people, quite badly too for a company that has this air of "perfection" and skilled craftsmanship. Another argument with the company, and not the users

You wouldn't reasonably try to install Vista or Windows 7 on a old computer. PPC macs aren't sold anymore. We're using Intel now. And if you say Snow Leopard is so bad then wouldn't these PPC users not want it anyway:eusa_wall
    Some people are cheap skates and don't want to upgrade, and aren't the old non-Intel Macs not very old at all?

Big consequences for using a feature nobody uses.
    Can't disagree, but the fact a big problem occurs from such a small thing in the first place is very serious. If you hate someone so much you could just switch on the guest account on their Macs

Steve Ballmer admitted that the day the Mac Advertisement campaign came out, it was not a happy day for him. He also admitted that the ads are now cultural. So I think they're successful .
    For the wrong reasons. If anything, they're successful in making Apple look stupid. The cultural implications on YouTube and in real life suggest this - Linux getting involved making PC and Mac look stupid (there's a South Park one I think?) and there are a few where PC users point out the obvious and have PC look super powerful. The Mac side of the ads seem some what untouched.

I thought you were swearing.
    Depends if the SL word is considered swearing

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Apple didn't introduce any of these and the chnaces are Vista would of not existed or worked out better. History might of changed alot. At least we won't have a company that's only ground for advertising is to put down the competition, which at the same time makes Apple look stupid Seriously, their ads have these hidden messages of how wonderful a Mac is in comparison to a PC, yet you could draw your own conclusions from the videos - PC is successful and Mac isn't. That's how I understood the ads at least It's shocking they made those ads in the first place.
    Even Apple's harshest critic would have to agree that Apple completely revolutionized the mobile music and phone industry. Though some of their ads are horrible. I like some of them because they're funny, but their latest one saying you can expect problems in Win7 is just stupid.

As far as what you said about Apple putting down the competition, Microsoft's ads do that as well, and Microsoft got sued by their own government for bullying several other companies including Apple over IE.

I'm not denying it doesn't work for everyone, I'm just saying that it has a few errors which have effected people, quite badly too for a company that has this air of "perfection" and skilled craftsmanship. Another argument with the company, and not the users
    Yeah the consequence is absolutely horrible, I agree. I'm just saying it will affect next to no people.

Some people are cheap skates and don't want to upgrade, and aren't the old non-Intel Macs not very old at all?
    Some people are cheap skates (like me) and don't want to get Windows 7 because I like XP. But they will forever be ridiculed (MATT GARNER) for using something old (MATT GARNER).

or the wrong reasons. If anything, they're successful in making Apple look stupid. The cultural implications on YouTube and in real life suggest this - Linux getting involved making PC and Mac look stupid (there's a South Park one I think?) and there are a few where PC users point out the obvious and have PC look super powerful. The Mac side of the ads seem some what untouched.
    To each his own. I think the ads were a good business move for Apple.

Depends if the SL word is considered swearing
    Well according to those Mac vs PC ads you love so much the REAL swear word here is Vista

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

The thing that really gets me about Mac users (this isn't aimed at you Dave) is that some websites have been going on about Windows 7 and saying its crap points. When they haven't even bloody used it or know what they are talking about. One site posted a video about Windows 7 crashing on some TV show. When it clearly didn't, the lady could move the mouse but he touch screen wasn't working. That would not be the OS it would be the touch screen being that crap or someone didn't turn it on.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator