HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Arrow University choices...

How hard is/was it for you to pick your choices

I'm trying to use the process of elimination to narrow it down but it's far too hard. I can't decide what places I'd like. I wish I'd been more organised and visited more Universities because I want my application sent off next week. The only thing I know is that I want to do History, lol. Doesn't really help :eusa_wall

No matter where I go it's going to be a huge culture shock in comparison with where I currently live

Tokens

Latest Awards:

its probably not thebest way to go about it but its the way im doing/did it. i used the university rankings board from the times, along with the subject table (put your subject in the subject box obv) then went from there. However, dont get too wrapped up in whats first second etc, compare the two tables and look at the employability percentages (graduate prospects)

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...rsityguide.php

History: http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...=48&y=9&sub=32

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah yeah that's what i'm doing but i'm really fussy about where i want to go too. you need 5 choices yeah, only two that i'm 80% on are warwick and edinburgh. when i suggest places people are like "no it's so rough" especially my dad lol :@

Tokens

Latest Awards:

have you looked at: Durham, York, Exeter, Southampton, Leicester, Kent, LSE

Oh, and its extremely hard lol. Dont worry about places being rough and other people saying bad stuff. Every place is rough if you know where to look. Just make sure you visit places before you make unis your first and second choice

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah i remember thinking durham wanted A*s and if i get that or not i don't know. York and Leicester (Leicester is one of the places I'm told is relatively rough and is reknowned for racial tension) I'm thinking about. Exeter and Southampton are too close for my liking and my sister is currently at Kent so don't want to go there.
    Last edited by Immenseman; 02-11-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

whhaaaaat durham want A*s!? As in Alevels? I thought only cambridge was the one wanting A*AA o.O Maybe you should look into it a bit more.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

UCAS website has been my best friend for the last month or so. Although I have just looked again and it asks for AAA, I swear to god it said A*AA last time Hmm, I don't reckon I'd get in though because I reckon a lot of people who apply to do History there will be Oxbridge rejects with their straight A*s, lol. I think Durham would be ideal for me otherwise.

Edit; I was thinking of UCL who ask for 1 A* http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...n=1001148#CSRA
    Last edited by Immenseman; 02-11-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Dundee for me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

wth ross i'm only putting down warwick to be closer to you!! haha joke, what ya studying? x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Have you looked at University of Nottingham or University of Sheffield. Both very good unis, in nice places. I know people at both and they love it.

I applied for sheffield, royal holloway, city uni london, portsmouth and bournemouth. The latter two being possible insurance unis with lower entry grades than my ideal choices.

Make sure you remember to include a couple of unis with lower requirements than what you are capable of incase of any unexpected muck up in exams.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast