HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Nope, there aren't.
    ok my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Misawa View Post
    I just read a review that's found its way online via Gawker. The reviewer said the special effects are "vomit-inducing", and while the film has some "beautiful moments", it's "one big horrible piece of ****,".

Take from it what you wil..
    lmao!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't trust Gawker (website that reviewed it)

And I'm pretty sure there's a law or something that stops journos from posting reviews early. IGN, Gamespot and Gametrailers usually post their game reviews around the same date. Not sure if it is the same with film.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes, they sign embargos, but they are always broken anonymously.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The first full screening of the film is on the 10th December, which press are invited to. I don't think that review is very credible, as there's nothing incriminating in it, as in nothing in that review can be verified once the film is released. It doesn't reference anything specific in the film at all, so once its released no one can exactly say "Oh yeah, that review from Gawker mentioned this bit".
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Footage just released.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects...d=7bq6sd9alrfm

Watch it in HD.

I think this actually looks quite amazing.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The creature looks awful. It's just your usual standard big-budget Hollywood CGI. The only thing good about that footage is the motion-capture with the overlayed CGI, but everything looks so silly. As a friend said yesterday, it looks like a $300M video game.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Looks amazing, and that clip made me think a lot better about it than the trailer did. Already booked my tickets for the 16th cus Im that hardcore. Gonna go IMAX it up.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7b3udV414s
    Thats theme, sung by our very own Leona was released yesterday. I have a feeling certain people, like hardcore movie fans, won't be fan, but I do beleive it has got a bit of Oscar buzz surrounding it already.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The world premiere was yesterday in London and there have been press screenings over the last few days. Colleagues of mine in the press have said it's all about the visuals and is flat everywhere else. Empire gave it 5 stars, but that is to be expected as they're known for their way-off-the-mark reviews. Apparently the script is pretty clunky. I will continue to bide my time over this until more reviews are released...
    Last edited by Misawa; 11-12-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Reading deeper into the review spectrum adds to what I said above. The general consensus thus far is that it's visually awe-inspiring, but that's where it ends; the characters are cliched cookie cutters and the story is horizontal. The more well-known review websites, like IGN, are telling all of the negative elements, yet apparently seem to be so clouded as to seemingly ignore the negatives that they wrote about and basically say that the film is fantastic at 4.5/5 stars. I'm sorry, but a film that has a weak story and cliched characters that completely relies on its CGI does not appeal to me, nor shows the signs of a well-made film. I'm waiting on more reviews, but many are saying the same thing, and the more independent the review (the more intelligent), the less favour there is for this film. It sounds like James Cameron has created a Michael Bay film.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast