HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    What do they put? Maybe Habbox has had too much time in the rare value limelight? There were alot of issues of "made up" values quite a while ago, it wouldn't be surprising if people just ended up going off Habbox and going else where.
    The problem has been that its taken it for granted over the past few years and values have been left to a degree at certain points in bad condition, not all the fault of the managers as the panel has broken at various points. Items that came out were never added to the values, and values seldom updated.. we are working on it all now but I just hope its not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Eled View Post
    Rare Values has been wrong for a long time, items should be pressed on rarity, because at the moment, values are being changed from mostly people trying to sell things for more to bump up the Habbox price. Some of the Habbox RVR's make up prices, for them to either get profit in their items or just to produce their 6 reports a week... You should base it more on the rarity, like thrones shouldn't be anywhere near as high as 80.0 IMO... And things like Russian samovar's are VERY rarely seen in Habbo IMO, they're price should be much higher...

And with HxL, they're used to be over 130 listeners regularly, now there's rarely even 100...
    - That is how the market works and will work regardless of what Habbox says or does, or whether Habbox is even here anymore. On the reporters, any value which is fake/suspicious will not be updated period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It is getting rather bad to be honest. For the past two years I've made an average of five posts a day, for the past few weeks it's just been a post or two a day. There simply isn't enough interesting threads to post in.

No one seems to be asking for help in the Technology Discussion. The Current Affairs forum is a disaster, every single thread is just a rant about the government, and then a certain group of users will turn it into an argument about the EU or something similar and trivial. It's now very boring and it's full of threads which aren't interesting. Never anything interesting in Discuss Anything anymore, and even the Feedback forum isn't interesting anymore
    ..then post some threads of you're own, anyone can post a thread but nobody does anymore, that is why the forum is becoming a one/two way issue forum on the European Union/being critical of politics. I post EU topics because I find them interesting, I don't find NHS reform very interesting or climate change summits very interesting, but if you do, then please do post - and the same goes for anyone else.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was talking with someone tonight and we discussed what we thought was Habbox's key problems - conservatism and bureaucracy. We thought that in order to improve, Habbox has to change quite considerably insofar as it needs to reform the way it looks at things. It is my personal opinion (and please note that this does not necessarily reflect the view of management in general and indeed it does not suggest that anything like this will happen) that Habbox needs to start reforming it's structure. The Forum needs a relaunch, we need to look at appointing people in positions of power (for example FlyingJesus, I know, would happily try his hand at AFM and GommeInc would also be extremely good in a senior position) regardless of the controversy regarding their appointment etc. Additionally we need to look at new skins (something I've tried to set up and I understand is in motion at the moment), improved Habbo <-> Forum presence amongst many other things. Habbox needs to change, to reform and improve. This is undoubtedly the case.

I also think we need a good, strong General Management team - something that I am pretty sure we are working towards. Sammeth has always done a brilliant job, infrequent is doing very well and Jin is working extremely hard but I think he would like his GM back (*glare at nvr*). But we do need a strong GM to manage us in these difficult times, with the support of a strong team of AGMs; two of the positions are filled but we need to see a permanent appointment of someone who would fulfil the role successfully in terms of Community AGM.

HxF in particular is struggling and I would be the last person to deny that, but it is really down to management how they want to play this. Whatever happens, I intend to be here until the very end working as hard as I possibly can to keep Habbox going. However it does need some serious change if the 'very end' doesn't come in the worryingly near future...

NB my ideas might be a bit controversial and 'ting and they DO NOT represent anything that might happen. To be fair I don't know the dealio XOXO
    Last edited by Nixt; 28-11-2009 at 02:45 AM.
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What Garion said and also...

Quote Originally Posted by iDenning View Post
    We have more guests than members, put a limit of how many threads a guest can view before having to register. Then they will want to post.
    I think this would be a very good idea, and should also be implemented. I don't know why we haven't already.
    Sammeth.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

Why is everyone glaring at me all of a sudden
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Garion wants you.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Plank View Post
    Just came back after a while and this place seems so lifeless compared to what it used to be. Like just in general the threads on the first pages of forums go back to days/weeks.

Unless I'm just imagining things

For example the UK News and Rumours forum... pretty much dead. Threads have only a few posts in them and go back over 1 week on the first page.

Spam forum... threads go back to wednesday when I remember it being overflowing with threads/posts

Feedback forum seems to have the same old threads in it and they go back to and they go back 2 weeks!! , there have been hardly any updates/changes except the odd rule since I left, staff hardly post any more......

Just out of curiosity - what would you like US or ANYONE to do about it? What more can we possibly do? This isn't a rant, but I really don't see how alerting the forum managers/staff about how the inactivity of the forum is pushing the forum down hill, is going to resolve the problem of the lack of posts/threads.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree with Prof-Alex. The forum is highly inaccessible for new members. There's the 5-post approval stage (yes there's the reasons for this and 5 posts isn't so bad but it's bound to turn some people away), the lack of an arcade, lack of support from the cliques that can be found on Habbox. Also the only time that Habbox appears to be on Habbo is the events department and this is simply not enough as most members who go to these events are already a part of Habbox. Add this to the fact that the old members are moving away from Habbox for various reasons (they're too old etc) and there'll be hardly anyone left. I have been in many smaller fansites that have had to close because of this continuing pattern and Habbox is a lot bigger and so have the advantage of being able to stop it a lot more effectively than the smaller fansites.

I also agree with Garion about the need of a community AGM presence. They could potentially push forward these ideas a lot faster and more effectively than it is atm and Catzsy is ill so at the very least, a temporary manager may be required to fill the gap.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by nvrspk4 View Post
    Why is everyone glaring at me all of a sudden
    Do something, stop sitting on you're ass!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My view is that the forum itself is not going downhill, instead, the members are becoming too old or too busy to post as regularly as they used to do. We're not filling these gaps because there's nothing bringing people here. People either have other forums they use and don't want to use this one, or just don't want to sign up (again - why should they?)

The first skin they see when they come on HxF for the first time is the classic skin. Now as much as I love it, it needs to be replaced by a newer, better skin as default. I'm not saying remove it completely, just get some nicer skins for first time users.

I remember first coming on Habbox, I found it in a room title. I suppose back in 2004 there wasn't that many fansites and so Habbox was the conglomerate of the fansite world. Then when more and more fansites began to emerge, Habbox was and still is losing it's popularity, and theres only one solution to this- advertising. Now advertising on Habbo is not easy without a Community AGM. I really can't believe that nobody has been brought in temporarily or even replaced Rosie, as much as I like her I really can't defend her. I think that she really was ill, and because of that she has a lot of work to catch up on and therefore doesn't have the time for Habbox at the moment. We all know that if she was replaced by someone else, if she ever did come back she'd have a job here straight away, shes like a Habbox 'legend'.

I don't think the forum needs a re-launch. We just need a new AGM, some nicer skins and we need to get back the exposure we once had. Oh, and we all need to work together to accept new members and try and get rid of this clique-y atmosphere. WE SHALL WORK TOGETHER IN SOLIDARITY!
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It seems all the older members are staying, and the newer members leave

perhaps something could be done to make them stay

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast