HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default "The Death of the Author" - HELP NEEDED!

Has anybody read this essay titled "The Death of the Author"

Its apparently used in all Graphic education and we've had to read this 12 page essay about it, and its seriously confusing me... It contradicts itself so much...

Is it saying that The Audience are actually the author of the text shown... And that the author who writes it really has nothing to do with the text that is written?
    That is what im getting from it... but im not sure.

Moved by invincible (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Graphics Discussion'
    Last edited by Hecktix; 14-12-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Redhotdevil65

Latest Awards:

Are you talking about what this wikipedia article is talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_the_Author

Their explanation might help a bit..
    Ex-mod.
    Follow the rules, it makes the world a better place!

I've pretty much quit Habbo & Habbox, but I still stop by every once in a while. If you knew me, send me a message saying hi, and I promise I'll get back to you! Miss all you wonderful people who saved me from boredom all those years.

Tokens

i swear i searched everywhere for some sort of synopsis of it.... and you find one in minutes lol.
    Thanks.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Redhotdevil65

Latest Awards:

Lol no problem, I literally just googled 'Death of the author' and a bunch of random links to essays and stuff popped up, so try doing that if you need further help on it. And glad my link was useful to you!
    Ex-mod.
    Follow the rules, it makes the world a better place!

I've pretty much quit Habbo & Habbox, but I still stop by every once in a while. If you knew me, send me a message saying hi, and I promise I'll get back to you! Miss all you wonderful people who saved me from boredom all those years.