HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Default The way EMA is payed out should be changed

It's great that we have EMA, those who can claim it of course. P) It helps a lot especially those who come from low-income family's.

But some people just waste it on the most ridiculous things. Alchol for example. You are probably thinking so what? "I have the right to spend my EMA on whatever i want"

Alcohol isn't going to get anyone or help get anyone, to get through their College years. The whole point of why the EMA system was introduced was because it's a gateway to help students.. mainly those who parents don't earn very much money to get them through College.

Many, who's parent(s) don't meet the scheme's requirements seem to feel it's unfair that they can't get it. I think it's fair in a way as I'm sure if your parent are earning 30K+ a year - they can afford help with travel fares, food ect, even if they have a mortgage, bills to pay. I think maybe they should review it and change it the the maximum of 40k per household but those who's have two parents and earning 20k+ each then i think they definitely don't deserve to be eligible to claim EMA as I'm sure they can easily afford to help out their kid(s) through their college years.

The system should be changed to like a card where you can use it to buy need like things like food, clothes, travelfare, equipment as that's what this is all about. My opinion is, it's not right people get the opportunity to blow whatever they get, on stupid things like Alcohol. You should get a job if you want to spend your money on things like that. The Gov spends a lot of money every year on EMA, people shouldn't take the mickey and go do the wrong stuff with it.

What do you think? Is the system ok or does it need reviewing?
    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's brilliant. £30 a week to spend. Fantastic.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The college should keep it and put it towards education trips. Students should have to pay, keep proof of what they've paid for books/travel etc and at the end of the month they should get it back.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, ours do that aswell as EMA if you want it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

would be a much better way imo! would be a lot more admin work though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it should be more based on income/number of children. Those on 33,000 with 3 children won't be entitled to EMA whereas those with 20,000 with 1 child would. In this situation, I'd say the parents with 3 children deserve more than the parents with 1 child but that's just my opinion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

innit, i'm one of 5 but my parents earn 50-60k between them. i mean it's not LOADS, i know it's above average and all that but when you think i'm one of 5. 3 in college, one doing gcses and one at uni they have to pay loads for education but because they're seen as having a decent wage they get no help.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

my mum works 16hrs a week on 5p above minimum wage. thats it. not going into detail as to why my dad doesnt work or why my mum doesnt work more cos its quite personal.

we dont struggle really though. well, we did for about 5 years after something happened. was quite horrible lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

every system is flawed and EMA is no exception. changes should be made, but aslong as i keep on receiving it until july i couldn't care less imo.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    It's brilliant. £30 a week to spend. Fantastic.

I can't wait for when i get mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Immenseman View Post
    The college should keep it and put it towards education trips. Students should have to pay, keep proof of what they've paid for books/travel etc and at the end of the month they should get it back.
    LOOOOOOOOOL. Like MP expenses! :eusa_danc

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I think it should be more based on income/number of children. Those on 33,000 with 3 children won't be entitled to EMA whereas those with 20,000 with 1 child would. In this situation, I'd say the parents with 3 children deserve more than the parents with 1 child but that's just my opinion.
    T

That's exactly what should be done.
    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast