HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Default Making Credits on Habbo

Right, under the request of a number of people, I've decides to do one of these. The first, and probably most important point is the buying two for one, selling 1c per strategy is too slow for any productive profits. In this guide, I will run through some major tips for effective merching.

First of all, the range of items to Merch on. My major suggestion is to do in the 2 to 5c range, allowing for some bulked 2 for 3s, such as kitchen blocks and exec bars. The general consensus with this is that you will generally make 50% minimum, (nearly always much more), in profit, while maintaining a decent speed of selling that isn't present in 1c items bought In two for one. On the other side of the scale, profit margins can easily sit as low as 10% with rarest, making it, although quick to sell, too small of profits per go, therefore I only suggest buying rarest for your stock if your getting at least 20% profit on them.

My next issue to tackle is your buying methods.
    As already said, 2 for 1c shops are a big nono, and even 1c shops should be given extremely low priority. Since primarily, we want 2 to 5c items, 2 and 3c shops often offer a few items of profit, and from my experience ive seen wbbs and dairy mushs in two feed shops at least 20 times, and this is one of those circumstances that I would suggest having rarest in your shop, not that that isn't blindingly obvious. Another point to note is the zed shops and manor shops, which from experience will either be massively overpriced, or very cheap, with some manor shops literally taking up 500c or higher from your Merch find in one go. This is also where I generally find the 2 for 3 bulks.

Another stocking method however, which is one that both me and ruby have made tons from is having your own suppliers. Of and when possible, try to find someone who frequently in whatever matter obtains vast quantities of high quality norms such as short grass, who desires quick feeds instead of wasting time selling. For example, not disclosing names of these people, but I a few months back had a patches supplier, as some may remember the massive 700 patch storage of mine. Another example lies with ruby, for example once receiving 90 short grass at threw for one feed at the time a massive 900% profit.

My next issue to cover is that of the major slow sellers. These generally harbour the problem of you overtime getting more of them than you sell, which is why I tend to not get them very much with one exception that I will cover in a minute. Such examples include, Rom chairs if selling 3c per, as your unlikely to find many at 2 for 3 to actually get that profit at 2c per. Also, sand patches out of season, country stages, and many others, though this is the sort of thing that varies from person to person. The odd one out I fins is catwalks, which I do recommend buying 1c per, and trying to sell 2c per, as eventually even if you co take a while, I normally just accumulate to 50+ then sell as bulk deal from 2 for 3, still making decent profits, Wd about 10 to possibly even 20% of the catwalks should have sold 2c per by this point anyway.

My next area of this guide is on that of your buying technique. the general rule you will fins is, skim through a shop, and decide quickly whether anything is worth asking price for based upon other stock and what owner has already said, and if not going to ask, immediately move to a new shop, as many of the best deals will always be snapped up by those who are quick. another important aspect once asked, is that of your haggling technique, as you do not want to get kicked for being ruse or trying to go too low. Often, asking what they will do as their best for all that you are interested in is a good starting spot, from where you may offer lower and meet to some consensus around the middle, or if lucky even be accepted, the most important thing is to stick to your own judgement, it isn't a good deal unless you think it is, and you shouldn't feel you need to buy something to fill your stock, as doing this, you will only discover a massive profit shop and wish you hadn't wasted your money on low profit items.

Finally I will touch briefly upon your own shop too, as I feel this to be just as important. It is vital that all objects are clearly visible, and that you bring our your better items, and let worse items low further out of first glance, and it is this first skim through that determinant whether the buyer stays to look at your shop more clearly or not, and possibly bear this on mind when searching for stock, as often shops that are poorly laid out may have bits of good profit left unnoticed. A very useful way of selling your stock is too put it into multiple floors of varying price, labelled by stickies in your lobby, as this creates a sence in the buyer that this is a normal decent price, and let's them know not to bother you with offers, and generally helps selling quicker. Finally, try to have some sence of layout and clarity in your shop, as a more appealing shop in view to customers is likely to keep them in to look further more.

I hope that you may find this guide useful, If you feel that anything is missinf, please so reply and I will add it xx

moderator alert Edited by Zuth (Trialist Forum Moderator): Thread merged with this guide with permission for brandon (Assistant Forum Manager) - Great work!
    Last edited by the.games; 19-08-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Default Market Watch Trading Guide Compilation

What it says on the tin, will be a compliation of the market watch trading guide for those who want to find it easier as had a lot of people ask me where on earth to find it ;p Be aware this trading guide is set out for those who are not very experienced or have no experience, and other forum guides, including my other one in this section would be better suited for those who already know this stuff. No images shall be put on here for the ease of reading, however articles with images shall have links left to them. The exception to this being the article on the marketplace as the images are rather required here, just be aware that the directions will work for the link but possibly not here.

Edition one:

In this weekly article, profitable trading, or as it shall be known throughout the article, and is known quite well by the public as well as "Merching", shall be broken down into digestible chunks with tips and tricks. In this first article, the general ideas of merching shall be introduced, and covered, the current general suggestions shown and tips of the week will also be given.

The art of merching is one which requires a decent amount of patience, and perhaps sometimes a bit of luck, but there is also some golden points which will make it much easier for you. Personally, the largest mistake anyone makes when trying to profit trade is going into 2 for 1c shops and buying most of their stock. This is certainly one of the worst ideas out there, though there may be golden gems out there to grab which are seriously undervalued at 2 for 1c, you have to consider why they are in a 2 for 1c shop in the first place, being one of two different reasons in general. Firstly, the most common one, they are not worth any more or are very hard to sell at 1c. The other reason may be that the person just wishes to unload their items for credits much quicker and easier, but this is still normally because they are struggling to sell at 1c. Therefore, the buying of these items really will offer a difficulty in reselling, and is far too slow, and lacking in profits.

A major suggestion for merching is to know all your profit margins, as a bad buy can leave you with stock that will either take you a long time to sell for a decent profit, or leave you with only one choice, a massive loss, and this really can effect weekly profits. This also links to the point that you should also know which items take you a particularly long time to sell, as these can also effect weekly profits, even though they may seem like quite a good profit in themselves.

Another big no must be stamped on a certain item that people also seem to think works wonders for profit making, but really they are mining copper in a gold mine. This item is none other than the Lodge Plinth, and these are generally very hard to focus enough trading on to match large weekly profits of the bulk traders or the general norm or rare traders. The problem here lies in the fact that most people selling them are also trying to use them for profit, but also in the fact that there is low profit margins for them, and you are unlikely to sell them quickly for full price without constant pestering about bulk deals on them, which people buying them generally take as a given.

The final general tip for this edition will be on the topic of bulks. In general, bulks are certainly the way forward, leading to the best profit per amount of time (PPU). This is because with popular bulks, people are likely to buy a lot of them, and sometimes all of them at once, meaning there is a large profit gained at once for immediately putting on new items, while with a very large spread of items people are unlikely to want a great deal of them so often, though it is still recommended to buy single items if they are within the profit margins, as you are likely to find more of them anyway if you have the money for a large stock, and this means that bulks create a much larger PPU.

The next covering of this article will be on current suggestions based upon the time, divided over two sections, short term and long term.

In the short term, at the moment, furniture in the Garden and Summer ranges will be thriving with interest, and therefore these will be much easier to sell, but also find. Exams will also soon be ending, meaning that there will be a greater number of people playing again, therefore more people to buy your stock. However, at this sort of time, winter items are unlikely to sell so well, so stock should be moulded around this accordingly.

In the long term, Halloween will soon be arriving, and in this time there is a great interest in the items from the Habboween, Gothic and Swamp ranges, and as these are all seasonal items, there will be a spike in price just before release into the catelogue, as everyone rushes to get these items. It may also be a good time to start stocking up on items for doing the exact same in the winter, with both the Christmas range, and the Cabin range also. With the Olympics coming up, stocking up on the Greek range may also be a good idea, but there is a lot less of this and there will likely be many new items so this is not such a great way of investing your money but may well be very successful still.

The last part of the article is rather what the very name of the weekly article is about, as here there will be suggestions of good items to be buying and tips of the week. One of my suggestions currently must be Lupines, These are not too hard to find at cheap prices, and if seen are certainly worth buying. Recently these were also released into the catelogue, and i got these at 25 of each colour for 54c each. After they left I have sold them for over 3c per, and this is a common occurrence if you can find the right buyer, as some will buy bulk lupines for ridiculously high prices if they are desperate, as they are not the easiest item to come by.

Another suggestion is Executive Bars, a common manor favourite, with people readily selling at 1c per with possible bulk deals. If lucky these can be found in numbers of three figures, and are easily sold over a short period of time for 2 for 3c, being a relatively safe bet as they are never subject to any fluctuation of price.

My final suggestion this week is Greek Corners. Ignoring the potential for large profits reselling before the Olympics, these are rather beneficial for short term profit. Being a not so commonly merched item, you will not have so much competition on buying them if found. Easily bought at 1c per or 2 for 3c, these can be sold 3c per without much hassle.

In the next part of Market Watch, next week, pointers on how to arrange your shop and also tips for buying technique will be covered.

Edition 2:

Last week, we covered the general tips and pointers for merching, looking also at general trading tips and delving into the title itself, with our weekly item recommendations. As promised, this week your shop itself shall be covered, and the realm of buying technique shall be delved into, and don't forget the general item recommendations.

Firstly, we shall look at none other than your shop. Your shop displays your style, and also has a large role in deciding how well your stock will sell, and whether or not you will get yourself some common customers who make a point of visiting you when they need certain things. The most important thing with your shop is a clear presentation. Many people use the technique of sticking tall items at the back and small items at the front, as buyers can see everything, but item placement is far more important then that, and can have a much greater effect. Try creating an emotional response to an item by placing it in a nice design with other stock, perhaps make it appear like a room itself with the items around it. Also make what you wish to sell more than other items stand out from the crowd, by being placed in obvious places that immediately grab the buyers attention. Many serious buyers will skim through your shop for items they need, myself being one of those people, and will sometimes miss items if they aren't easily seen immediately. By making common favourites and good sellers stand out in the room, you draw these shoppers in for a closer look. Another important factor is placement of any rubbish items you may have received, these should be hidden away where possible to not influence the first impression of a customer, however I somewhat recommend keeping them personally instead of just throwing them away through such media as the ecotron, due to part of my buying technique which I will delve into in later weeks, where I attempt to use small value items to clinch unsure deals.

My final point on shops is that about pricing. If your shop has a wide enough range in items then i would suggest making your shop over a number of rooms with a lobby with stickies clearly stating the price of the items in each floor, keeping one price to each floor. This means that the buyer is more certain of prices before going in and is taking you more seriously, and will likely not try to squeeze discounts out of you.

The next part of this article shall be looking at buying technique, and shall be delved into in further detail in later weeks. First and foremost, your buying technique must be well polished if you ever wish to get good deals. Here I really do recommend you portray yourself in a professional manner, and that you make sure the shop owner takes you as seriously as possible. Insulting the owner and/or suggesting that something is worth much less is more likely to result in them banning you from their room than them dropping their prices, which in itself is highly counterproductive. An important factor is to always ask for a price first, and be adamant that you wont offer. After they have stated their price, thinking about dragging them down is important, if not vital, and 90% of the time you can reduce the prices if you know how, even If it is merely a bulk deal that you receive. I will now give an example conversation to explain one very simple method of haggling.

Buyer - How much per Greek pillar?
    Seller - 2 per 5c.
    Buyer - Oh no thank you. I would go 1c per at maximum.
    Seller - No that's just ridiculous, 2c per i will do.
    Buyer - How about 20c for the 12?
    Seller - Sure.

Consider that in this example through just being firm and professional that this person has reduced the price that the seller is asking for from 2.5c to 1.6c per, which would add an extra 0.9c profit per item than if this person had bought at 2.5c, therefore showing how vitally important this can be.

The time has now come for the recommendations of items to trade with. This week two items shall be covered, and both rather fitting the time of year. First is the Short Grass Patch, which would come in at a general selling value of 3c. This item is arguably one of the most sought after items in shops, with very high numbers of these being sold each day, meaning that you will never have any problem selling this on at full price if you can get hold of some of it. Though these may be reasonably hard to get cheaper than 2 per 5c, when found at anything lower than this there is really an immense opportunity for very quick profit, and even at 2 per 5c these are worth buying just for some quick and easy profit, however only racking in 20% profit if bought at this price.

The other item for this week rather follows suit from this sticking to the patch theme, being the Sand Patch. As it is now summer again, these will be coming into high demand very shortly. There is often a lot of debate over whether these items are worth 2c or 3c, but if kept in your shop for long enough these will easily sell at the upper end of the range. It would be highly beneficial to get these patches before the whole Summer furniture range is released back into the cataloguer, as there will be a small price rise around this time, most likely at the 3c end, meaning any found at 2c or less at the moment make for a good short term investment.

Edition 3:

In last weeks edition, we covered the makings of your own shop, and also delved into the realm of buying technique along with the usual general item recommendations. This edition will be slightly smaller just covering more buying technique as promised, but the normal general item recommendations will as always be included.

Buying technique is mildly underrated in the world of Habbo trading, but by no means should it be that way. I will cover two main areas of buying technique today, that of how to look for your items, and that of how to secure your items.

Looking for items can sometimes be a bit of a bore. Some players will always get beaten to the good deals by those experienced in merching, and this can cause problems for profiting. One important factor to remember is that a first come first serve attitude is given by most sellers, with the exception of highly unfair sellers who will sell to anyone who asks and not necessarily the first. Because of this, I would highly suggest the skimming tactic, where one enters a shop and quickly scans the contents looking for profitable items, and not necessarily just an item that may happen to appeal to you. Some merchants after a while develop the ability to see profits instead of items upon entering a room as they become able to instinctly tell profitable items based upon colour and shape, and therefore can hop between rooms with much greater speed, and will pick up the good profits quickly and early on, thus maximising profits and becoming the person I mentioned at the beginning of the paragraph. Though it takes a long time to get to this level, skimming will still allow you to pick up more frequent good deals even if you are not able to distinctly see profits instead of items.

Securing your buys is also vital to maximising profits. This is where the junk I mentioned last week really does come in handy. I recommend using all strategies available to secure your deals, be it pleading with them, convincing them, or adding extra value. Though adding an extra credit or two on is likely to normally secure deals, offering to add one piece of your junk will often also secure these deals, and for me personally teapots really are marvelous for this. They appear to have a good effect, especially on the sellers of the items I deal in who generally like to build houses and manors, and often secure deals with just one of them, which over the long run will save hundreds and hundreds of credits in profit.

I will now cover the general item recommendations. This week we will have two items, which will be the Creaky Floor and Romantique Chair. The Creaky Floor is a common favourite, often fluctuating in value between 4 and 5 credits, but do not let this deter you. I have seen these traded by some people for far lower to get it sold quite frequently, and these are amazing buys to get, as they can bring massive profits as they are always under high demand, by casino owners and builders, manor designers, and other people alike.

The Romantique Chair is also an item under very high demand. Now that the Romantique category has been taken away from the catelogue these have had the ability to sell at 3 credits much better now then they used to, however people will still often sell for 2 for 3c or 2c per because this is a price they were always used to. Before this was taken out of the catelogue these could still be pretty easily sold for 2 for 5c, and had the possibility of being sold 3c per if you were persistent enough, often being sold in large quantities, and now this is far easier providing very useful profits, as people will always buy these off you in bulk without asking for bulk deals normally.

Edition 4:

https://habbox.com/#!/News/article/1385

In the last edition we covered further buying technique, along with the normal general item recommendations. As per, these will be here, and this time, the article will only cover one small topic, but important anyway, being that of event usage.

At the moment, we do not have the ability to create events but this really is one of the most important parts of selling your items. People scan events for those shops that may suit what they are looking for, so therefore you as a seller should cater to what sort of buyers you are trying to attract. Obviously a name such with the words "Bulk" and "Rare" will attract those who are probably collectors, so if your items come into this a lot, then maybe this is for you. On the other hand adding an artistic flare to the writing on your shop title, maybe calling your shop ",CoinShopee?" will attract those who are into role playing and manor building, and this is ideal if your furniture is suited to this style.

Also, your event should always be set to the trading setting for events, and certainly not games or parties, as this is what most people will look into. This may seem obvious but is easily missed, and can cause you to merely waste time that you could have used for more selling. A final trivial point about events is to make sure that when redoing events, that you wait a minute or two before doing so after turning event off, as sometimes your event will not appear on the list even though you may think it has.

The general item recommendations will now be covered in this part of the article.

The first item is the Snowy Sidewalk. This item can easily be bought 1c per and sold on 2c per, and is in rather high demand at most points due to being the preferred choice for pavements in room design. This is certainly an item I would recommend. The high demand and the factor of how easily they are traded makes these very easily profitable even if sold at 2 for 3c. If unsure what they look like the picture on the left is what it will look like in room, and this will now be included in every article from now on. One thing to be careful on however with these items is that of the normal sidewalks which are not very popular at all and not very useful in room building, and if you accidently buy them instead you may be making very large losses if buying these in very large bulk numbers, and therefore you must always check the smaller image on the right and memorise it.

The other item is the Japanese Lantern. These also sell 2c per, and have had points where they have been selling 3c per which is highly profitable if you keep till this periods. These are quite commonly found at 1c per as people are not always sure what price they are meant to be at, as they are not as common, but are highly worth getting if are seen. Again, remember the look of them so you can immediately pick up on them if you see them in shops. It wont be uncommon however though if you do not even see one of these in a whole set of stock, so do not get your hopes up too much because it is rather unlikely, but often when you do you will get these in bulks.

Edition 5:

https://habbox.com/#!/News/article/1416

In this edition, we shall be covering a topic mentioned a few times before previously, that of stagnant stock. As usual, there shall also be item suggestions so do not fret about that. The topic of stagnant stock is an important one, as it appears as a common mistake with budding new traders that can lead to masses of profit and time being wasted, and therefore I feel it deserves a place in market watch this week.

First of all, stagnant stock is where a trader has bought items that will not sell for any profit for a reasonable amount of time, or that is having little interest if any. Such items include the Runway Catwalks, which if you do buy them into stock, will actually increase in number over time with you selling less than you buy. Though this isn't a massive problem as these are still very profitable, the main problem lies in buying massive bulks of an item for a lot of your stock cash pile and having it lie around in your shop for a month or two without selling, taking up precious amounts of your cash that could be used to create further profits. This can sometimes catch people unawares though, and can happen with items that have previously sold very well for you, so If in doubt whether something will sell well, do not buy too much, a general rule being that you should limit yourself to a small sample of the item to see how it fairs, and make sure not to buy it higher then the price you would sell it at to sell quickly if worst comes to worst.

This next paragraph shall now cover methods to deal with stagnant stock. The first thing you should try is to make it stand out more with the methods discussed in previous editions, so that hopefully you can sell it soon for profit and not have to worry about any further solutions which aren't as good. Unfortunately this will nearly always only sell a small portion of the stagnant stock, so another solution must be put into play. Firstly, when events do return, think about hosting events advertising you selling a bulk deal that seems good about the stagnant stock, as bulk deals immediately attract customers without them realising that it still may not be cheap. Another thing to consider is putting the items into the marketplace. Most items will sell decently in here regardless of how well they sell in shops, and this can be used to still possibly get some profit, however it will often take much longer then any other methods, other than method one. The final method which is probably the most obvious however, is selling the items far cheaper than the normal price you would sell at. Try to avoid selling lower than the price you bought when doing this, but this may not always be possible, so this should only be a last resort method.

In this article, there will only be one item recommendation, but I will stem further possibilities from it. This is the Door Teleport. This item may not be seen as great to trade for profit with being a teleport, but assuming you are careful that you do not pick up those that do not link, there is big profit to make from these. They are probably the most bought teleport in shops, mainly because of the fact that they have a design that actually works nice in room building unlike many other of the cheap teleports. It is not hard to pick up these at 1c per if you try hard enough, and selling 2c per will be a breeze with these. This also brings me onto the option of other teleports. Though they may not seen to have a great profit potential, those such as the Imperial Teleport actually also share good money potential, and the lack of a fixed price and no effect from the marketplace means you are more free to get profit with these, which is one of the major advantages for teleports.

Edition 6:

https://habbox.com/#!/News/article/1437

In this edition of Market Watch, a very important topic to merchants who deal with slightly higher value items and who are interested in investment shall be covered, that of understanding, reading and analysing the marketplace. There shall not be any item recommendations this week however, due to events in rooms still not returning, and therefore the rest of the article shall be longer to compensate.

The first image shows us one of the most basic things to read and understand before we can delve further into the topic. The offer count shows how many of the item are in the marketplace at any given moment, in this case 14 Grey Fountains are available. The cheapest price shows us the lowest priced offer of these 14 Grey Fountains. Finally, the average price in last 7 days shows us the average price of all of these Grey Fountains that have been sold in the marketplace.

The important thing here with this data however, is the analysis of it when trying to buy and sell items. The main important point when buying to remember is that whichever one of the cheapest price or average is lower is the value you should be taking a value from in the first place. However an important point to look at from this is that if there are a lot of offers in the market, and the price is significantly lower then the average then this could mean that they are being used to lower the average price, so care should be taken in buying in these cases. Do not be fooled however into believing that because the cheapest price is higher, the item is rising in price, as this is often someone just trying to make sneaky profits. In order to tell if it as actually rising, other graphs are needed to also look at.

The next image shows us the average sale price during the last 30 days. This plots the average selling prices on each day, and shows it in a graph, allowing conclusions to be drawn as to whether an item is rising, falling, jumping up and down erratically or remaining relatively still. One problem immediately noticed is that these average sale prices do not just go in a straight line up or down normally, and this can be explained via a few different reasons.

Firstly, this item may just have an erratic sale price, meaning it never has a stable price that can be pinpointed as a good guide price. Items like this will normally have changed quite substantially in a value in the space of a few days, but are generally very risky to invest a lot in.

The other main reason is that of supply and demand. When supply of an item is low all over Habbo, people will generally look to the marketplace to try and get the item. Some players will naturally put high offers into the marketplace to try and get these people when they notice a low supply, and this means if they are desperate they may often pay far higher then they would normally do. This can result in large peaks
    as shown on this graph for the Grey Fountain, which normally only last for a day or two before supply has returned to normal.

In the other image of this graph, a black line has been plotted through the graph, showing how to analyse whether prices are falling or rising. In general this is a very simple job to do, but there are ways of creating a more accurate analysis than the simple line of best fit shown on the left. The general idea is to get a representative line to go through the graph, covering the points best as you can, so that a price rise or fall is evident. The best method for this is using a 3-point average, where every point on the graph has its point averaged with the points either side of it, and this average is plotted onto the graph, connecting all these averages at the end. This will undoubtebly create the best representation and shows whether or not the price truly has been rising or falling within the last month

This next image shows the trade volumes each day for the last 30 days. Although it doesnt serve the same analytical purpose as the other graphs and data, this still is very useful and important, as it allows you to see if an item does indeed sell well or not, and whether or not it has been selling in large quantities at peak prices, which is generally how the supply and demand and erratic price analysis of peak prices is differentiated between. In the case of an eratic price the trade volumes are far less likely to have such a great difference from other trade volumes compared to with the case of supply and demand. Again a 3-point average can be used here to work out on average whether trade volumes are increasing or decreasing, but a more useful idea is to plot a horizontal line across the graph to work out a mean trading volume, showing you generally how well an item sells. A final point to make here is this graph can also be incredibly useful in working out whether or not to put certain items in marketplace to sell while spending a few days buying stock, as it will show the likelyhood of your items reaching the front of the offer queue and selling before the 2 day limit is up.

Edition 7: The complete fully comprehensive guide to profitable trading.[/FONT]

In this edition, we shall consider another form of [/FONT]investment, and again unfortunately until events return to Habbo, item recommendations will not be included as it is just too hard to talk about what is selling well when nothing is actually selling. This form of investment involves buying seasonalsearly in the year and selling them just before release.

The idea behind this revolves around the fact that a value of an item peaks jjust before it is released into the catalogue if it is a seasonal, such as Christmas furni. Also in this idea is that on the other side of the year the item will generally be a lot cheaper. The diagram below helps to show the model for the price changes of these items.

The purpose of this diagram may not be immediately clear, but I shall now explain it. The white bar in the middle shows when an item is released into the catalogue, while other areas show prices relative to each other, however this is only applying to seasonals. The darker the area the more expensive the item, with the black bar being just before release. This follows in a cycle with the right of the diagram being the end of the year and the left being the beginning, with this year being a false year that has the release right in the middle. The general trend of this diagram is that towards release item prices build up, and then plummet afterwards towards the start of the new year, where they build up again. However, shortly after release items will generally pick up again due to short-term investment being sold here with new items that were released that year.

The importance of this diagram lies in the fact that armed with this knowledge, one may buy bulks of an item in the light grey phases and sell it on during the black bar phase. This can create very profitable long term investments, with no risk of items not selling as items are in massive demand in the black bar phase. There is one massive thing to consider however, which is that if you leave selling too late, you may roll over into the white bar phase, and lose out on quite a bit of profit, however white bar phase is normally still more expensive than the light grey phases, so this isn't the end of the world.

moderator alert Added to Trading and Furni guides by runeaddict99 (Trialist Forum Moderator) with permission from Martin (Forum Manager): Excellent Effort!
    Last edited by the.games; 13-04-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12