HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Schools in breach of 'Human Rights' with skirts as dress code

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nssexuals.html

For generations, the skirt has been an integral part of a girl's school uniform. But the Government's human rights watchdog says schools who force girls to wear skirts may be breaking the law because the policy discriminates against transsexuals. Official guidance from the Equality and Human Rights Commission warns schools that the dress code may breach the rights of girls who feel compelled to live as boys. In a 68-page report on the human rights of transsexuals, the watchdog says that 'requiring pupils to wear gender-specific clothes is potentially unlawful'. It says that research conducted for its report found that 'pupils born female with gender dysphoria experienced great discomfort being forced to wear stereotypical girls’ clothes — for example a skirt'. Many schools across the country insist on girls wearing skirts as part of a strict uniform code which they believe maintains good levels of discipline among their pupils.

And although the Commission has threatened to use 'costly legal action' on schools who fail to comply, many are expected to maintain their rule on skirt wearing. Elspeth Insch, head teacher of King Edward VI Handsworth school in Birmingham, said: 'The message is: not in my school. We’re sticking with our skirts.' The guidance has been produced ahead of the Government’s Equality Bill which is likely to come into force this autumn. The bill, masterminded by Harriet Harman, the Labour deputy leader, makes it a legal requirement for public authorities, including schools, to consider the impact on minority groups of all their policies — including how school uniforms might affect transsexual people. They must do all they can to ensure transsexual children do not suffer discrimination, or face potential legal sanctions. The bill extends new rights to people who believe they were born into the wrong gender.
    While criminals are out early because our government failed to build new prisons and the country is borrowing and borrowing to fund things it cannot afford; Harriet Harman, the Labour Party and the rest of the PC gang continue to make very important laws and regulations such as this one. Its just getting beyond stupid now - can these equality people not just go and find real jobs?

Thoughts?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It makes me laugh, I go to an all grils school and their uniform is for the girls to wear skirts, if someone was a transexual or anything like that then they simply wouldn't go to the school where skirts inforced and not trousers. It is such a joke, makes me laugh so much.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    It makes me laugh, I go to an all grils school and their uniform is for the girls to wear skirts, if someone was a transexual or anything like that then they simply wouldn't go to the school where skirts inforced and not trousers. It is such a joke, makes me laugh so much.
    are you some sort of sick pervert?

Edited by Syko2006 (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.
    Last edited by syko2006; 24-02-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thats pathetic haha!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    why do you go to an all girls school if you're male :S

Last edited by Hecktix; 25-02-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

what the hell joe? You're a guy aren't you weirdooooo

And yeah i go to a mixed grammar school and we had a vote a couple years ago to see if we wanted to have trousers made optional and we voted no because it looks like we're dykes It's just how it's meant to be especially with shirt and tie and blazer like we have.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

I'm so glad there's no school uniforms here, or no actual dress code enforced either. To be honest I don't even get the point of having a dress code. If a dress code is going to be enforced though, why not have several clothing styles to choose from, and not make them gender based, so then nobody could complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Luccy. View Post

And yeah i go to a mixed grammar school and we had a vote a couple years ago to see if we wanted to have trousers made optional and we voted no because it looks like we're dykes It's just how it's meant to be especially with shirt and tie and blazer like we have.
    How the hell does wearing pants make you look like a "dyke"
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    are you some sort of sick pervert?
    Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    why do you go to an all girls school if you're male :S
    Nice pointless posts there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccy. View Post
    I dont know if its like it in all of the UK but in the south east, as 6th form/college isn't compulsary they dont all teach the same subjects at A level and my old secondary school was pretty small so didnt have a 6th form. I do design, art and business. I looked at all the schools in my area and the school I go to now is an all girls school but has a mixed 6th form so as that was the best school - thats where I went. Click here to see the schools website and 6th form page and it says its mixed.

Anyway Dave, we have a uniform to stop bullying in schools. If someone wears an outfit worth £500 and someone wears an outfit worth £15 then there will be bullying because people will say ''cant you afford anything better'' etc etc. A uniform stops that as everything is the same and prepares you for life after school where in almost all jobs you have a uniform.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

our posts where the exact same as luccys and you called them pointless? lolk

anyways yeah... girls schools here have to wear skirts unless the school is mixed

i think they should be made wear skirts

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    I'm so glad there's no school uniforms here, or no actual dress code enforced either. To be honest I don't even get the point of having a dress code. If a dress code is going to be enforced though, why not have several clothing styles to choose from, and not make them gender based, so then nobody could complain?
    It is gender based, and the idea of a school uniform is to look smart and be able to be distinguished easily, this is why in sixth form we don't have to wear uniform, 16+ ftw! Once your 16 the school cant punish you or anything ;D

They could have used a better picture in that article though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast