HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Give people the choice, why should the BBC be privilaged with it when other broadcasters dont have that. Have it all private and thus the corporations will be pressed into wars against eachother which would provide them competing with better programming and lower costs. Like all state-owned industry and business, it knows no bounds with its budget because it can never go bankrupt with treasury backing.
    sky get a lot of money from millions of people across the country and nothing they produce is anywhere near as good as BBC's output bar Soccer AM. Infact they barely produce anything, they just get discounted imports from FOX.

british tv is envy of the world. the bbc is the worlds biggest and best broadcaster.
    Last edited by alexxxxx; 04-03-2010 at 09:23 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    While reform is needed at the BBC I think it's an excellent service and I hope it's never privatised. It may well crush competition but frankly it creates it too. If they didn't come along with iPlayer, the others wouldn't of bothered to create their own catch-up services.

It's website is completely unrivalled, very good resource for news and then of course, their news. Their news is completely unrivalled to any other service in the UK, particularly on the international and local scale.

There is also the bonus of having no adverts on their websites, radio and TV Shows but above all, their TV Shows are some of the best. I watch the odd series on Channel 4 and ITV but the BBC is fantastic for comedies and dramas. I couldn't give enough praise to the BBC.
    The news is the same as any other broadcaster, news is not news like it used to be; all news now comes from the Reuters News Agency so it makes no difference whether you are watching ITN, BBC or Sky News. As for the adverts I couldn't care less if i'm honest, dont they have adverts for their other programmes anyway so in reality their are still adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    sky get a lot of money from millions of people across the country and nothing they produce is anywhere near as good as BBC's output bar Soccer AM. Infact they barely produce anything, they just get discounted imports from FOX.

british tv is envy of the world. the bbc is the worlds biggest and best broadcaster.
    Well let the people decide that, if they want the BBC and wish to buy its services over that of the Sky/Virgin services then they can do that because as you say 'its the envy of the world' so i'm sure it would have no trouble in finding customers.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 04-03-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No, BBC do not have adverts on TV

Tokens

Latest Awards:

BTW, for anyone who's unclear, GCAP Media/Global Radio also own local stations such as Trent FM (best. station. ever.), Leicester Sound, Capital FM, Xfm, and Galaxy.
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Give people the choice, why should the BBC be privilaged with it when other broadcasters dont have that. Have it all private and thus the corporations will be pressed into wars against eachother which would provide them competing with better programming and lower costs. Like all state-owned industry and business, it knows no bounds with its budget because it can never go bankrupt with treasury backing.
    knows no bounds with its budget?
    Have you not been reading the news? They are cutting salaries and shutting down many services.

I hate ads. They ruin the show / film for me, hence I love the BBC.
    Last edited by Seatherny; 04-03-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Markeh View Post
    BTW, for anyone who's unclear, GCAP Media/Global Radio also own local stations such as Trent FM (best. station. ever.), Leicester Sound, Capital FM, Xfm, and Galaxy.
    ew no, not trent fm pls.

Well let the people decide that, if they want the BBC and wish to buy its services over that of the Sky/Virgin services then they can do that because as you say 'its the envy of the world' so i'm sure it would have no trouble in finding customers.
    largest viewing share by along way would somewhat support this point. the fact of the matter is that TV is a luxury, not a right. It's barely a stealth tax, as it doesn't go into the governments coffers nor are you forced to have one. you don't have to pay to watch iPlayer or Sky Player or itv Player and the TV Licence pays for more than just the BBC. It is funding the digital switchover too - and you don't have to pay a licence to listen to the radio.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

ew no, not trent fm pls.

largest viewing share by along way would somewhat support this point. the fact of the matter is that TV is a luxury, not a right. It's barely a stealth tax, as it doesn't go into the governments coffers nor are you forced to have one. you don't have to pay to watch iPlayer or Sky Player or itv Player and the TV Licence pays for more than just the BBC. It is funding the digital switchover too - and you don't have to pay a licence to listen to the radio.
    AFAIK, to watch iPlayer, Sky Player and ITV player, you do need a TV license, I think. and trent fm rules dude.
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Markeh View Post
    AFAIK, to watch iPlayer, Sky Player and ITV player, you do need a TV license, I think. and trent fm rules dude.
    nah you don't. you only need it to watch live broadcasts. my mate's dad used to not have a TV licence (he really didn't have a TV) and they told him he could watch iplayer and stuff, just not allowed to watch anything that's live.

tbh trent isn't that bad but id take radio 1 any day. when joe and twiggy changed to twiggy and emma i didn't really hear any difference aha

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...chnology-top8/

and thats the link to show you don't.
    Last edited by alexxxxx; 04-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gupta View Post
    knows no bounds with its budget?
    Have you not been reading the news? They are cutting salaries and shutting down many services.

I hate ads. They ruin the show / film for me, hence I love the BBC.
    Indeed, its directors are still paid more than the Prime Minister and its HQ recently had an expensive £1 billion makeover at the expense of the taxpayer. If it went private and had to make a profit, I could gurantee that they wouldnt be paying the likes of Jonathan Ross in the sums of 5+ million. If the BBC is not wasting money and is a profitable business that is successful then I dont see the reason for opposing its privatisation.

If a business can compete then it shouldnt need to be subsidised.

ew no, not trent fm pls.

I dont see the problem with privatising the BBC so it can compete with other broadcasters fairly and if what you said is true that it is so popular, it surely wouldnt have any trouble being privatised. It would force the BBC to compete fairly with the others as a private business and would also force down prices between them as the likes of Sky and so forth offer very cheap deals nowadays.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 04-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If a business can compete then it shouldnt need to be subsidised.
    the bbc is not a business - it's a public service broadcaster.

I dont see the problem with privatising the BBC so it can compete with other broadcasters fairly and if what you said is true that it is so popular, it surely wouldnt have any trouble being privatised. It would force the BBC to compete fairly with the others as a private business and would also force down prices between them as the likes of Sky and so forth offer very cheap deals nowadays.
    like i said it's not a business, it's a PSB, there to educate as well as to entertain and provide minority programming.

& it's not a tax.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast