HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well it's to help the forum & it's confidential so i personally don't see the problem lol. I also don't think it's pointless but if that's what the staff want you to read then it wont be pointless anyway

You can't do anything about it so i don't see the point in moaning tbf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by pasta View Post
    i was going to make a thread on this but it was too much effort so didnt

it'd be better if like you werent actually forced to read it. just a message comes up telling you the title of the thread and a link to it or else you can just ignore it and do whatever
    or just use the notice thing at the top of the forum for it
    Quite like this idea tbh

and @ Special, the whole idea in the feedback forum is that we CAN change things...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by pasta View Post
    i was going to make a thread on this but it was too much effort so didnt

it'd be better if like you werent actually forced to read it. just a message comes up telling you the title of the thread and a link to it or else you can just ignore it and do whatever
    or just use the notice thing at the top of the forum for it
    I was going to post too but didn't for the same reason as you as it only takes a few minutes to read it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There are never really usually this many in a row, in fact usually they are quite sporadic. It just so happened that we created a feedback poll, something which we always force read as we want as many votes as possible to try and give us a better idea rather than just say 20 votes. After that we got 40 votes in 10 minutes, which isnt bad going and helps us a lot more. It just happened to be at a time where a few other important announcements have been made. To be fair one of the last three force reads were unecessary in my opinion, but they will be kept to a bare minimum and used as a necessity.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    Quite like this idea tbh

and @ Special, the whole idea in the feedback forum is that we CAN change things...
    And in this case, it will

Possibly to look at the age range so some of the filtered words can be unfiltered

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The whole point of a force read is so you have to read is so giving you the option wouldnt really work.

I dont think they should be used for threads such as how old are you though, although this could be being used for important purposes, I don't know I haven't spoken with Sam about his thread.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well what should happen is we could be informed of the thread title and then given two buttons, one to proceed to the thread or one to go back to where we were before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It takes like 30 seconds out of what you were doing, if that, its hardly strenuous in my honest opinion. If you forget what you were doing before it, then I guess it wasn't that important
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammeth. View Post
    It takes like 30 seconds out of what you were doing, if that, its hardly strenuous in my honest opinion. If you forget what you were doing before it, then I guess it wasn't that important
    Hence I didnt make a thread moaning.

Person can always press back to get back to what they were doing.

If they cant remember, its usually either what you said - not important or too dumb.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They didn't really bother me until today, but that was the 3rd of 4th this week and it's rather annoying. In my opinion, they should only be used for very important rule ammendments, not petty "filter changes" and "how old are you?"

pasta's idea of just using the notice option at the top of the forum would be better for those types of threads..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast