HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default "Admin wants you to view a thread before you can continue browsing the forum"

Hey,

Loads of people will probably disagree but lately what has been with all the needless forced thread views?

I don't particularly want to vote in a thread about my age, if I did I would go and look in the section my self for example, and over the passed few days there seems to have been an increase in them.
    Last edited by Recursion; 04-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A lot of people might want to read about something which might get bumped over and they dont realise is there. I dont think it is that much of a big deal to go to the thread and carry on from there if you read it or not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

Some of them (such as the one about an amendment being made to a rule) are important and I can understand why the whole forum would be forced to see it... however I can totally see where the OP is coming from.

I only came back to Habbox Forum 3 days ago and I've had to go through at least 3 of these forced messages.. definitely getting a bit annoying IMO.
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

well they want everyone to take part if you don't want to then just click off it but it's better that peoples attention is drawn to it to get max participation. Also everything that is happening on those thread is vital for us to contribute to or read. They don't just whack them there for the jokes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Hmm I don't really think the one announcing the updates to the filter was necessary.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yonder

Latest Awards:

Forced threads suck and i will view a thread if i want too unless its super important liek the time when we had the spam/scam advertisements but things like how old are you and oh new word in filter are just not necessary, please stop them or give us the option to turn it off!

If you need to make us read something then just do the notice's that you do at least we see them but they don't force us to view something when im reading a thread or something. If it is at the top of the Forum Index i will see it without it annoying me.
    Last edited by Yonder; 04-03-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Hmm I don't really think the one announcing the updates to the filter was necessary.
    That announcement was more so for the second part, as some users were abusing the rule and I saw that as the most effective way of getting a message across, reminding everyone else at the same time.

Threads arent often force read, but it's hardly a nuisance.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Most effective way perhaps but I don't think it would harm putting it as an announcement and then people would find out for themselves that they're filtered. If they then break the rules or question it, they could be linked to the announcement.

It's beginning to get to the point where it is a nuisance. In my opinion a feature like that should only reserved for very important things (Like it was done in the past) and then people will pay close attention to it. If it's kept being used for things which don't interest people, then people may just skip over them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's annoying if you click to view a thread, and that show's up, and you forget what thread you wanted to see lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

i was going to make a thread on this but it was too much effort so didnt

it'd be better if like you werent actually forced to read it. just a message comes up telling you the title of the thread and a link to it or else you can just ignore it and do whatever
    or just use the notice thing at the top of the forum for it

cake

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast