HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    I can see Spurs being knocked off by City, but I Don't think we will go anywhere. Tottenham will look to retain it yea, but I highly, highly doubt they will.
    Why not?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Browney View Post
    Why not?
    I can see City buying this summer, and becoming very strong. I don't see us being taken off by Spurs, even if they do get 3rd this year, especially as Wenger has admitted he will bring in a few good players this summer, and hopefully next season will have less injuries and actually fight for the title. I can't see Spurs buying that many players in the summer that are top class tbh. Who knows, they might buy a few good players and might be able to retain 4th spot, but I can't see it happening. This just reminds me of Everton when they finished 4th too much.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

City bet everything on finishing 4th this year. I doubt they will be able to bring in the calibre that was expected. A few players here and there true, but it's more likely to be Pienaar than Ribery. Oh come off it, how many times has Wenger said that? If he makes 2 household name signings I will eat my hat. Spurs don't need to, particularly. Look at Spur's bench. Bentley. Crouch. Kranjcar. Bassong. Kaboul. I'd go far as to say that Spurs are one top, top player away from a fixed top 4 finish every year. They need a Gerrard, a Rooney, a Fabregas. A real class act who can win matches single handedly. Not sure who that player would be but, I honestly believe that's all they're missing. (Ok, maybe a couple of class full-backs too.) Plus, everyone forgets put Spurs are pretty minted.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Browney View Post
    City bet everything on finishing 4th this year. I doubt they will be able to bring in the calibre that was expected. A few players here and there true, but it's more likely to be Pienaar than Ribery. Oh come off it, how many times has Wenger said that? If he makes 2 household name signings I will eat my hat. Spurs don't need to, particularly. Look at Spur's bench. Bentley. Crouch. Kranjcar. Bassong. Kaboul. I'd go far as to say that Spurs are one top, top player away from a fixed top 4 finish every year. They need a Gerrard, a Rooney, a Fabregas. A real class act who can win matches single handedly. Not sure who that player would be but, I honestly believe that's all they're missing. (Ok, maybe a couple of class full-backs too.) Plus, everyone forgets put Spurs are pretty minted.
    Looking at the Spurs team they are almost there yeah. Like you say, two new Full Backs and they'd be sorted for a good first team. But I wouldn't say that it's as good as Arsenals, Uniteds, or Chelseas.

Also, we only need a new GK, CB and Chamakh.

Chamakh is pretty much a done deal. A GK, He's been dropping hints for a month that a new one will come in, a new CB he's already said if Gallas goes he will bring in a new CB, and Gallas looks like he's going. I recon this season has showed Wenger how close we are to doing well and with a few players we'll have a good chance at winning stuff.

City realistically only need to sort out the full-back situation and they're sorted.

They have a top team bar that but it needs gelling.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think Spurs and Arsenal are almost on a level playing field. Financially, they are just as powerful as eachother and now we have the Champions League to offer; although Arsenal can boast the fact that they are more likely to sustain it. Spurs have only been 1 strong, decent striker (who can play up-front alone) away from being a top team IMO. Levy is said to have given Harry £30m to buy a top striker, and if that happens it could all change.

Add that money to the sales of:
    Jenas, Keane, Hutton, Giovani, Taarabt, Pavlyuchenko and O'Hara... possibly a good £30-45m there?

I'm not saying that Spurs are going to achieve a better finish than Arsenal, or will even get 4th ahead of City but I wouldn't underestimate their ability to improve next season.
    Last edited by JackBuddy; 06-05-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    I think Spurs and Arsenal are almost on a level playing field. Financially, they are just as powerful as eachother and now we have the Champions League to offer; although Arsenal can boast the fact that they are more likely to sustain it. Spurs have only been 1 strong, decent striker (who can play up-front alone) away from being a top team IMO. Levy is said to have given Harry £30m to buy a top striker, and if that happens it could all change.

I'm not saying that Spurs are going to achieve a better finish than Arsenal, or will even get 4th ahead of City but I wouldn't underestimate their ability to improve next season.
    I don't myself, but I would say that. I think Spurs will improve yes, but you have to balance that with how much the teams around them improve. Don't think anyone can say how Spurs will do until the start of next season anyway. They could do well, and sustain a top 4 finish, or flop in Europe like Everton and drop back and Liverpool and City will go ahead of them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Harry Redknapp has already said he's not looking to massively invest. Was on Sky Sports News this morning.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is it me or does harry redknapp look like andrew lloyd webber

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    Harry Redknapp has already said he's not looking to massively invest. Was on Sky Sports News this morning.
    That's rubbish, he said that last summer and in January. We have to invest if we want to go further.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He did actually say that. he's been talking to the chairman and all that, maybe he's just saying it so people dont try rip him off for players?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast