HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

It makes no sense to have a transfer cap. You're not gonna see great players move until they decide not to renew their contracts (which they probably won't do) since their club won't release them for the price being offered. And since they are so great, they'll already be in the top clubs (e.g. Messi in Barcelona) winning competitions, satisfied with where they are, unwilling to move to another club. I agree that the amount of money spent is ridiculous (namely Cristiano Ronaldo last summer) but what are you going to do about it?

To make matters worse, which currency are you going to use for your cap? The exchange rate fluctuates every day and it goes to multiple decimal places. UEFA is likely going to use the Euro, and if they set it at, say, EUR 80m before the summer transfer window, it's GBP 69,663,540.66 one day and if one currency crashes over autumn, it may end up being just GBP 52,523,536.89 (obvious exaggeration, I hope) in January.

Same goes for the salary cap. Even though most of Europe uses the Euro, two countries like Spain and Greece shouldn't have the same cap, right? If they do have the same cap, using Barcelona and Olympiacos as examples here, Olympiacos would obviously have a lot more room to work with, so if I'm Lionel Messi, I'd consider a move over to Olympiacos for the money.

It's just not going to work.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Attempting to cap finances on private companies is ridiculous. If they were all government funded then sure it would need looking into, but if someone is rich and owns the club then he should be free to spend whatever he likes on it. It's big business, and frankly if Athletico could only get £5m instead of 50 for Aguero there'd be no reason for them to sell - capping transfer funds would mean teams remained fairly static because no-one would want to sell their superstars or up-and-coming players.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DieselShaq View Post
    It makes no sense to have a transfer cap. You're not gonna see great players move until they decide not to renew their contracts (which they probably won't do) since their club won't release them for the price being offered. And since they are so great, they'll already be in the top clubs (e.g. Messi in Barcelona) winning competitions, satisfied with where they are, unwilling to move to another club. I agree that the amount of money spent is ridiculous (namely Cristiano Ronaldo last summer) but what are you going to do about it?

To make matters worse, which currency are you going to use for your cap? The exchange rate fluctuates every day and it goes to multiple decimal places. UEFA is likely going to use the Euro, and if they set it at, say, EUR 80m before the summer transfer window, it's GBP 69,663,540.66 one day and if one currency crashes over autumn, it may end up being just GBP 52,523,536.89 (obvious exaggeration, I hope) in January.

Same goes for the salary cap. Even though most of Europe uses the Euro, two countries like Spain and Greece shouldn't have the same cap, right? If they do have the same cap, using Barcelona and Olympiacos as examples here, Olympiacos would obviously have a lot more room to work with, so if I'm Lionel Messi, I'd consider a move over to Olympiacos for the money.

It's just not going to work.
    It would work if clubs were restricted to spending a certain % on club revenue on wages. Clubs should be alot more financially stable that way as they'll be living within their means.
    Last edited by JackBuddy; 07-05-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    It would work if clubs were restricted to spending a certain % on club revenue on wages. Clubs should be alot more financially stable that way as they'll be living within their means.
    Then there's another problem. The revenue each year is different. If a team's revenue drops, they can't just lower their players' wages in order to get within the cap. Makes no sense.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DieselShaq View Post
    Then there's another problem. The revenue each year is different. If a team's revenue drops, they can't just lower their players' wages in order to get within the cap. Makes no sense.
    Then they'd have to sell players they can't aford to keep. Relegated clubs do it.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    Then they'd have to sell players they can't aford to keep. Relegated clubs do it.
    Well then players will have to be sold over and over again and it will just make the transfer market more populated and more like a loan/trade market and if you have to sell a player due to not being in the cap then you will have to sell the player for a smaller price and take a loss. Makes no business sense.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Moaning because City can outbid United these days me thinks.

Spend away.
    Thought i would visit..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeh this is comical. Just because Man United can't do it?

I do think there should be a cap on salaries and maybe transfers, although you oly complain because Man United are like the only team that (that are world famous) hat can't do it.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbish View Post
    Would you be moaning if you managed to land David Villa, Torres, Augero for big money this summer?
    I'll admit, i probably wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    To be fair if you had billions like Man City you wouldn't be saying this.
    admittedly, yes - I wouldn't be saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    Omg stop crying, this is life, the richer get richer and the poorer get poorer, you cannot moan Clowgon, you spend like £32million on Berbanob - bad decision yes but your club splashed the money, you cannot moan.

You weren't crying when you gained £70million for the sale of Ronaldo, were you? shut up.
    First of all, does it look like I'm crying? :rolleyes: And don't tell me to shut up, who do you think you are? Some bigshot? I see and come across people like you EVERYDAY, you don't scare me. *Removed*
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Attempting to cap finances on private companies is ridiculous. If they were all government funded then sure it would need looking into, but if someone is rich and owns the club then he should be free to spend whatever he likes on it. It's big business, and frankly if Athletico could only get £5m instead of 50 for Aguero there'd be no reason for them to sell - capping transfer funds would mean teams remained fairly static because no-one would want to sell their superstars or up-and-coming players.
    I guess your right, it wouldn't work out, but i think there should be a rule change, if you cant afford to buy some or w/e don't buy them. Portsmouth for example..

Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Yeh this is comical. Just because Man United can't do it?

I do think there should be a cap on salaries and maybe transfers, although you oly complain because Man United are like the only team that (that are world famous) hat can't do it.
    :rolleyes:

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to others.
    Last edited by Catzsy; 09-05-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What you say asking for means Man United should not be allowed to buy ANY players until they pay off all £700million debt. Have fun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast