HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

yh, most djs just talk over songs wjemeverr they want to and i can name a few there lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, Dynamix did very well the other hour (I know it was like 5 hours ago, but what the hey!)

He didn't talk over any songs I don't think...Maybe one of them...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I haven't read the whole thread, first few pages and last couple but heres what I think:

I haven't tuned in for a while but when I did the DJs were often unprepared for the task at hand, many of them would be searching through songs instead of having them lined up so there’s silence which can be very annoying, they would then take ages to find a song.

Often when DJ's talk its very bad, some use the radio as a chance to talk to their friends which makes all other listens feel singled out. Other Dj's would cough a lot on air, be very quite, or just sit there giggling away. Finally most DJs do this and when they look through the requests they mutter alot, you can tell during the song they were just playing habbo or talking to their friends on msn, the DJ's are oftern not 100% focused at what they were doing.
    I admit when I DJ'ed for Habbox I did a lot of these things but this is what you need to get rid of to improve the radio vastly. Try getting all the DJs to prepare a song list before hand, and some form of schedule for the show.

Finally Comps are why at least 50% of the people are tuned in, and at least when I DJ’ed I did 2 comps per show, and people still moaned about comps a lot, on top of this 2 comps per show is a lot when you add it up and it becomes very hard for the DJ to find prizes in many cases, or at least it was for me.

Personally I miss when there was somewhat interesting conversation on air, normally when I listen it’s just song, dj talk for a second, song, dj talk for a second, song, dj talk for a second, song, all the way through the show.
    Last edited by redtom; 22-06-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by redtom View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, first few pages and last couple but heres what I think:

I haven't tuned in for a while but when I did the DJs were often unprepared for the task at hand, many of them would be searching through songs instead of having them lined up so there’s silence which can be very annoying, they would then take ages to find a song.

Often when DJ's talk its very bad, some use the radio as a chance to talk to their friends which makes all other listens feel singled out. Other Dj's would cough a lot on air, be very quite, or just sit there giggling away. Finally most DJs do this and when they look through the requests they mutter alot, you can tell during the song they were just playing habbo or talking to their friends on msn, the DJ's are oftern not 100% focused at what they were doing.
    I admit when I DJ'ed for Habbox I did a lot of these things but this is what you need to get rid of to improve the radio vastly. Try getting all the DJs to prepare a song list before hand, and some form of schedule for the show.

Finally Comps are why at least 50% of the people are tuned in, and at least when I DJ’ed I did 2 comps per show, and people still moaned about comps a lot, on top of this 2 comps per show is a lot when you add it up and it becomes very hard for the DJ to find prizes in many cases, or at least it was for me.

Personally I miss when there was somewhat interesting conversation on air, normally when I listen it’s just song, dj talk for a second, song, dj talk for a second, song, dj talk for a second, song, all the way through the show.
    LOL, sometimes you can ever hear the 'Click' when their friends reply to them on Facebook or the MSN 'doo do da doop!'
    Im like, busted.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Muct View Post
    LOL, sometimes you can ever hear the 'Click' when their friends reply to them on Facebook or the MSN 'doo do da doop!'
    Im like, busted.
    Haha yeah its annoying as hell

Tokens

Latest Awards:

agree with this! i totally noobed up my show tonight cause it was the first time i'd dj'ed in ages, but this is the kind of format i want. songs loaded up, conversational show.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah like in the old days - older DJs, better conversation I must have only been like 13 but I still enjoyed listening to people older then me.

Haha BTW I love "Nobbed up" what a saying

I just checked on the site and there is something like 200 people online yet only 40 people tuned in, but it is midnight. Yet that still means over 150 have chosen to turn the radio off or it wont load/work for them? Maybe we could change it so people can only block the radio for half the time? Because in the past I've blocked the radio because I just dont like the music, and then when i go back on the site I dont remember to unblock it.
    Last edited by redtom; 22-06-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wilkd

Latest Awards:

Maybe they dont want to listen to habbox radio?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkd View Post
    Maybe they dont want to listen to habbox radio?
    True, but it might help get people intrested. Either way its just an idea.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah like in the old days - older DJs, better conversation I must have only been like 13 but I still enjoyed listening to people older then me.

Haha BTW I love "Nobbed up" what a saying

I just checked on the site and there is something like 200 people online yet only 40 people tuned in, but it is midnight. Yet that still means over 150 have chosen to turn the radio off or it wont load/work for them? Maybe we could change it so people can only block the radio for half the time? Because in the past I've blocked the radio because I just dont like the music, and then when i go back on the site I dont remember to unblock it.
    ahaha well i've just returned, last time i dj'ed was 07 and i wanna get back to the format i had then, just getting used to sam ahaha also, the listener count might have been quite low after my show because i had to stream music to cover for another dj and that always reduces listener count. i think we could definitely get in on the new american audience that are awake at this time after the merge though. maybe some events at EST