HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Friends banning issues.

The other day my friend was on Habbo.com and he swore at a mod in the Help tool, all of a sudden my friend got banned for 2 minutes, yes you heard me 2 minutes.
    He then went back on and swore again. he recieved a mod message saying 'Say goodbye to Habbo, because in 30 seconds you will be banned for 1 minute'
    After that he then got another mod message saying that he will be banned for one year (he didn't unfortunately).

I found this harmless fun so I told him to ask the mods if they *REMOVED* (sorry for the vulgar language)
    Anyway, he did and some other jubious language and he got banned for 4 hours.

Mod's are really taking the mick nowadays, banning people for 1 and 2 minutes, and telling them to say goodbye. Dispiccable.

Edited by Transcripts (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropriate comments on the forum, thanks.
    Last edited by Sarah; 22-07-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iPoster View Post
    The other day my friend was on Habbo.com and he swore at a mod in the Help tool, all of a sudden my friend got banned for 2 minutes, yes you heard me 2 minutes.
    He then went back on and swore again. he recieved a mod message saying 'Say goodbye to Habbo, because in 30 seconds you will be banned for 1 minute'
    After that he then got another mod message saying that he will be banned for one year (he didn't unfortunately).

I found this harmless fun so I told him to ask the mods if they *REMOVED* (sorry for the vulgar language)
    Anyway, he did and some other jubious language and he got banned for 4 hours.

Mod's are really taking the mick nowadays, banning people for 1 and 2 minutes, and telling them to say goodbye. Dispiccable.
    They have a job to do, and that's to help. I'd do the same thing, i wouldn't want annoying little kids spamming it, thinking they're cool by using swear words n what not. Perhaps it is you who is taking the mick, if i was them i probably would have banned you for a good few weeks, get some manners into you, maybe a decent sense of humour aswell.
    Last edited by Sarah; 22-07-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    They have a job to do, and that's to help. I'd do the same thing, i wouldn't want annoying little kids spamming it, thinking they're cool by using swear words n what not. Perhaps it is you who is taking the mick, if i was them i probably would have banned you for a good few weeks, get some manners into you, maybe a decent sense of humour aswell.
    Don't victimise me? I said my friend that doesn't always mean it's me. I'm saying that it's pointless banning people for a couple of minutes, as they can still be angry about the ban issued and fight back again.

I'm not saying it's wrong to ban the person but a few hours is better than a couple of minutes.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't victimise me? I said my friend that doesn't always mean it's me. I'm saying that it's pointless banning people for a couple of minutes, as they can still be angry about the ban issued and fight back again.

I'm not saying it's wrong to ban the person but a few hours is better than a couple of minutes.
    First of all, learn what victimise means.

Now then, I didnt say it waas you, but the fact you said they were takin' the mick, just made me like lolwtf. And a couple of minutes is a warning, showing that mods have the power and if you're keep being a penis, then they'll just keep banning you, and eventually give you a large ban where you can't be angry no more.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    First of all, learn what victimise means.

Now then, I didnt say it waas you, but the fact you said they were takin' the mick, just made me like lolwtf. And a couple of minutes is a warning, showing that mods have the power and if you're keep being a penis, then they'll just keep banning you, and eventually give you a large ban where you can't be angry no more.
    Don't tell me what to do?

And, a 2 minute ban is a piss take. Make it longer. A warning? They are suppose to issue proper bans not childish ones.

The Uk mods were much more advertised and the us one's ban over petty things. Everyone swears in rooms most of the time they dont get banned though do they. The minute bans arent worth issuing, as they wont learn a lesson and they will just continue to take the piss
    Last edited by Samantha; 21-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And, a ******* 2 minute ban is a piss take. Make it longer. A warning? They are suppose to issue proper bans not ******* childish ones.

The Uk mods were much more advertised and the us one's ban over petty things. Everyone swears in rooms most of the time they dont get banned though do they. The minute bans arent worth issuing, as they wont learn a lesson and they will just continue to take the piss
    Well don't say im doing things that i'm not.

Well they're dealing with children, it isn't a serious issue and to show that they are still serious about it being a warning, they ban them. Not sure what is so hard to understand.

And they weren't swearing in rooms were they? They were swearing in the help tool, something that is totally pointless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Swearing is nothing though, they should issue bans for things like scamming which they don't do regularly.
    And it doesn't matter where you're swearing. Swearing is still the same concept, they are still directing it at someone in a room just like they do on the help tool.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

One minute we're moaning mods don't do enough and people get away with stuff - but then we have people sending absolutely pathetic, stupid and childish messages through the call for help simply wasting mods time.

I would have put your friend on a perm ban, you should be lucky they got away with a couple of minutes.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Swearing is nothing though, they should issue bans for things like scamming which they don't do regularly.
    And it doesn't matter where you're swearing. Swearing is still the same concept, they are still directing it at someone in a room just like they do on the help tool.
    Well how do you know what they do and don't ban for? Do you have records?
    Swearing at the help tool, a tool intended to help people which i imagine is busy enough, shouldn't be used for childish rants where people feel the need to swear for no apparent reason. In the room, the person who's being sworn at can just put them on ignore, the mod's version of that is banning them and warning them not to disrupt their busy work.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And, a 2 minute ban is a piss take. Make it longer. A warning? They are suppose to issue proper bans not childish ones.

Don't use words that you don't even know the meaning of then.
    I agree with NaughtyNemo.