HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default HabboxForum Suggestions Box! [+15Rep to all reasonable suggestions!]

Okay, so it's becoming obvious that HabboxForum isn't getting as many posts as it would usually get, infact it's been quite quiet and this is no good for anybody!

Basically, what I want to know is why you aren't posting and what you think would make you post more around HabboxForum, any changes you think should be made to the forum structure, rules, forum-staff run competitions, advertisement on (and off) Habbo etc.

Obviously I can only implement suggestions that we as management feel will benefit HabboxForum although we always take user suggestions seriously!

Any constructive suggestions will get +15 rep points, anybody who just posts unconstructively slagging off staff, rules etc won't be listened to.

If you have a suggestion you don't want to post in the thread then you can always PM me

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Hecktix; 22-07-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

My suggestion is not to worry. It is summer season.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There's nothing interesting to post in. A lot of threads are How many x do u have. i dont kike reading them so i have nothing to respond to. I usually reply to stuff instead of randomly posting. also it seems as tho there is a lot less ppl sometimes

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Think it's the lack of new members, people just post in spam and its like they're enclosed in there, also the fact that there's so many forums there really isnt need for some of them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know that since the rep rules were initially changed a couple of years ago they've been relaxed like twice or something but I think that people don't really bother giving rep any more and I think that when it was easier to get people were more inclined to post in debates and proper discussion. Like that people got more rep and was more inclined to post more instead of in some pretty meaningless threads. It doesn't really make much difference to me now but I would like to see the rep rules altered slightly and more competitions for reputation instead of VIP and other prizes as well as more user friendly debates as some of the debates require quiet a bit of knowledge just to comment on.

Edit: To above, I think that a lot of people in spam etc almost actively put new members off or thats how it seems to me. They never really seem to stick around for long and spam should be a good place for them to get to know people but I don't feel like at the moment it is.
    Last edited by Alkaz; 22-07-2010 at 05:56 PM.

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post
    I know that since the rep rules were initially changed a couple of years ago they've been relaxed like twice or something but I think that people don't really bother giving rep any more and I think that when it was easier to get people were more inclined to post in debates and proper discussion. Like that people got more rep and was more inclined to post more instead of in some pretty meaningless threads. It doesn't really make much difference to me now but I would like to see the rep rules altered slightly and more competitions for reputation instead of VIP and other prizes as well as more user friendly debates as some of the debates require quiet a bit of knowledge just to comment on.
    that's true on the rep part. back in the day if i posted a thread saying +11 rep for useful replies, id get a good 3 pages. i did it the other day with +20 and got like 3 replies

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Danube-

Latest Awards:

You already have a 'Debates Leader' and i think it would be nice to broaden this team so that you could have debates leaders for different sections. You could have the following:

Habbo Debates Leader
    Entertainment Debates Leader
    Technology Debates Leader
    Sports Debates Leader
    Health Debates Leader

These are just suggestions of what you could have. And each week each Debate Leader must make new threads in their corresponding forums that provoke a debate and conversation. I think it's a good way to get everyone involved in a conversation within the forum, seeing everyone's views and maybe even provoking more people to start opening more threads and discussions about News and Goings on that they feel passionate about.

Just a little idea there
    I've left. I'm back.
    ~Dan
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaz View Post

Edit: To above, I think that a lot of people in spam etc almost actively put new members off or thats how it seems to me. They never really seem to stick around for long and spam should be a good place for them to get to know people but I don't feel like at the moment it is.
    We do give away an awful lot of reputation although nobody seems to care about reputation anymore, we even had a complaint the other day about the top model prize, which included 150 reputation points which is an insane amount and you don't see us give that much out every day

I agree about the spam being unwelcoming though, although this has always been at HabboxForum and moderation do their best efforts to prevent this.

---------- Post added 22-07-2010 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Danube- View Post
    You already have a 'Debates Leader' and i think it would be nice to broaden this team so that you could have debates leaders for different sections. You could have the following:

Habbo Debates Leader
    Entertainment Debates Leader
    Technology Debates Leader
    Sports Debates Leader
    Health Debates Leader

These are just suggestions of what you could have. And each week each Debate Leader must make new threads in their corresponding forums that provoke a debate and conversation. I think it's a good way to get everyone involved in a conversation within the forum, seeing everyone's views and maybe even provoking more people to start opening more threads and discussions about News and Goings on that they feel passionate about.

Just a little idea there
    Whilst I see the point in this I think it'd be pointless to hire new staff entirely, moderators are advised to post as much as they can but I could easily make them make X amount of threads per week.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Since you split the forum (community +annoc) it seems more clogged up again. That was a really really stupid idea.

and Catzsy that summer reason is ********, i got told july was always the highest month for posting

Tokens

Latest Awards:

oh, and i'd say we need to increase the number of new members. ive seen a lot of our older members who've been here for years leaving as they're gettin towards their 20s, but still nobody new

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast