HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Reserve Staff List

In every department, there is a thread for staff to post in when they are going to be away from the forum. This means that the department may struggle for that given amount of time, especially if this member of staff had an important role within the department.

Something that happens occasionally is that a member of staff gets fired, this can also leave the department in the same position until a new member of staff is hired to replace them.

So where my idea comes into place is that every department could have something called a "Reserve Staff List". On this list will be 1 or 2 members that the department manager feels would be capable of being full time staff but aren't because there are already enough staff.

This would mean whenever a member of staff is going to be away from the forum for whatever reason, the manager can PM the Reserve List asking if they would be able to fill that persons shoes for the set time. Just like if someone was to be fired, the manager could ask the Reserve List if they would like to be hired as full time staff. This would save managers from having to open applications, and of-course save them time as they would be able to hire a new member of staff almost instantly.

Should anyone on the Reserve List decide that they no longer want to be a reserve, they can simply notify the manager who can then find another reserve.

Thoughts and opinions?
    Last edited by Apple; 24-10-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

If only 1 or 2 people are away in a department of 6-10 people, then I do not think it'll matter much although it does depend which department. I feel this may be useful but I do not see how it could work well.

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it's dangerous. If they were temporary they'd have nothing to stop them messing about.

RVRs could do fake values.
    HxHD could leak PW.
    Mod could infract random people.

List goes on. They won't be as dedicated either so it's not worthwhile. Most departments can cover themselves anyway. Say a super mod is away Jamesy and Sarah might agree that Sarah will have to do a bit of moderation or whatever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It would depend on whether the staff were needed. In most departments, an absence can be covered effectively.

I also agree with the above. I think its better, if they go through the usual official route.
    Jordan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sadly I don't think this would work.

If a staff member is seen to be good enough to be in the department they can be hired - even if they have to wait until the enxt application process.

Also it takes time to settle in to the department and really get going. This idea therefore would not work in the content department - as the content designers tend to spend a fair amount of time on one project. Also as a radio DJ you need to find out what the listeners want, and it also takes time to adjust.

Although the concept of the idea is good, I personally do not believe it would work - unless for a long term basis - and in that case the 'reserve staff' member, might as well be hired full time.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It should be noted that only members the department manager trusted would be on the list. In most cases I'd presume it would be ex-staff who have already been in the department so would be able to start ASAP without training.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    I think it's dangerous. If they were temporary they'd have nothing to stop them messing about.

RVRs could do fake values.
    HxHD could leak PW.
    Mod could infract random people.

List goes on. They won't be as dedicated either so it's not worthwhile. Most departments can cover themselves anyway. Say a super mod is away Jamesy and Sarah might agree that Sarah will have to do a bit of moderation or whatever.
    This is basically why I feel it wouldn't work. I agree with the possible lack of dedication.

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Good idea but it's not very realistic. Most managers are able to cover up away periods. A reserve staff list would probably be adding another rollercoaster to proceedings.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Good idea but it's not very realistic. Most managers are able to cover up away periods. A reserve staff list would probably be adding another rollercoaster to proceedings.

Yeah this really.

It could lead to all kinds of problems, and would be unfair on the staff members if they have nothing to do for ages etc.

I think it's more a case of ensuring we have a suitable number of staff in our departments to prepare for such things happening, and managers are always able to chip in too and ensure things are covered if there is a real shortage.

If current staff members are dedicated, and the correct ones have been chosen then the problem shouldnt come up too often, since it's quite unlikely you would get most of your staff going away the same week.

It does sound like a nice idea, and I could see why you would come up with it, however I think the negatives of such a system outweight the positives, and it's just something we don't really need and it's never really been a huge issue before.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Not a good idea.

Whilst we're on topic, put me on reserve for Owner please.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast