HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dilusionate View Post
    Hey guys,

As Mathew and Molly said there will be a weekly event coming soon. We plan to release it after our themed events week in November (you'll hear more about this shortly). We have a few ideas going around including Takeshi's Castle and The Cube but there are some more that Roxy has in mind. There's currently the Pub Quiz which Mathew hosts on a weekly bases which offers a VIP prize as the weekly event will do also when it's running.

This will not happen. HxSS is an exciting time for the Habbox Community and even if we tried we wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would over-shadow it. People may look at Habboxween as a mini-HxSS because of it's tournament and the main idea around it is to get loads of themed events done and get some people to sign up to Habboxforum (which they have). The only time you'll see what some people call a mini-HxSS is Halloween (maybe not even) and Christmas. Easter has something different as it's not recorded by a tournament.
    Huh?

And just wondering, you know if you come 2nd/3rd in HxSS do you recieve a prize or just points?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm under the impression that Habbox doesn't run a regular monthly quest. All that is required is 9 or 10 rooms linked by porters with no one having rights, other than the owner of each room. A good starting room could easily be chosen, say HxHD with the first clue placed on a sticky which if answered correctly leads to room 2 where another sticky gives the next clue which takes you to room 3 and so on, eventually arriving in the final room and solving the last question, messaging via the forum to a designated account the answer. Set the quest to run for however many days you want, the more entries the merrier, so 7 days is probably ample.

The quest could be created by any department, be it Events or HxHD, even HxL. HxHD could easily set questions based on a topic, for example 'Account Safety'. Events could do one based on 'Christmas', and HxL could do a musical one. The topics are numerous. Beatbullying is yet another.

You may even persuade a member of Habbo staff to be the prize giver, a nice trophy would do, particularly if it's safety related or helps promote an important topic, if you don't ask you don't get. So ask

It's a competition that can be entered anytime of day, regardless of where in the world you live.

Finally it could be easily hosted in the Competition Forum, using a suitable title, ie. Habbox HxHD Quest with the dateof closure in the title. Then include all the details of how to enter. Giving details of who to send your entry to once you've completed the quest, and giving the answer required found by unscrambling the letters of the final clue.

This is a great way of involving all staff
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My post above,

Should of read: All that is required is 9 or 10 rooms NOT linked by porters.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

I really like those ideas and I already know that there has been such suggestions for hxhd in the past and it would be great for them to be used.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    Huh?

And just wondering, you know if you come 2nd/3rd in HxSS do you recieve a prize or just points?
    He simply means that a lot of the smaller tournaments (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentines) could be considered to be a "mini-HxSS" as they are tournaments which make use of the points system, etc. These tournaments will only be done on special occasions as any more would simply be over-kill.

As for your question, I assume you mean in the Habboxween tournament... in which the answer is no. 1st place winners should recieve 25 points and a prize; 2nd and 3rd places will recieve 15 and 10 points respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlice View Post
    I'm under the impression that Habbox doesn't run a regular monthly quest. All that is required is 9 or 10 rooms linked by porters with no one having rights, other than the owner of each room. A good starting room could easily be chosen, say HxHD with the first clue placed on a sticky which if answered correctly leads to room 2 where another sticky gives the next clue which takes you to room 3 and so on, eventually arriving in the final room and solving the last question, messaging via the forum to a designated account the answer. Set the quest to run for however many days you want, the more entries the merrier, so 7 days is probably ample.

The quest could be created by any department, be it Events or HxHD, even HxL. HxHD could easily set questions based on a topic, for example 'Account Safety'. Events could do one based on 'Christmas', and HxL could do a musical one. The topics are numerous. Beatbullying is yet another.

You may even persuade a member of Habbo staff to be the prize giver, a nice trophy would do, particularly if it's safety related or helps promote an important topic, if you don't ask you don't get. So ask

It's a competition that can be entered anytime of day, regardless of where in the world you live.

Finally it could be easily hosted in the Competition Forum, using a suitable title, ie. Habbox HxHD Quest with the dateof closure in the title. Then include all the details of how to enter. Giving details of who to send your entry to once you've completed the quest, and giving the answer required found by unscrambling the letters of the final clue.

The last quest I remember was by Sammeth. last December but I'm sure there's been one or two since then. Personally, I've never been a fan of them but a lot of people do enjoy them.
    The best place for the quest to start is probably HxHD - it's always got new users coming in and it's a meeting point for all the current ones. I do agree that it could be a regular thing which each department should take part in - maybe create a Quest award and give that out along with some VIP.

Oh and your point about Habbo staff; I know mangement have been talking about contacting Habbo but I don't know if it's actually been done. Would be nice to have a staff member release V6, come for a HabboxLive show, do a Q&A session on the forum, give out some trophies, etc. We're an "official" fansite after all, so let's make use of it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlice View Post

I've created a thread about this in the HxHD staff forums and it seems to be unanimously liked. We'll discuss the fine tuning with Roxy and ask our staff to create the rooms. If HxL wanted to take part too that would be great.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    I've created a thread about this in the HxHD staff forums and it seems to be unanimously liked. We'll discuss the fine tuning with Roxy and ask our staff to create the rooms. If HxL wanted to take part too that would be great.
    Nice to see a positive reply in this thread, than the numerous negatives. I'm sure it will be a very popular event, and will happily donate...... let's say 200 credits/4 gold bars if this event goes ahead, for use for this quest only. Just pm me when you want them, and good luck

If you decide to use a theme, that is safety related or linked to an important theme Habbo are working on, be sure to ask very nicely, for a member of Habbo staff to test the quest and perhaps donate a trophy to the winner.

ps. Don't forget I made a typing error in my first post, and there should be no linking teles, which I'm sure you realised.
    Last edited by MissAlice; 29-10-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12