HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: ROTW

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Default ROTW

I'm sure the News department were running a Room Of The Week competition before? Like picking a room that's been posted into Cool Rooms and reviewing it.

What happened to it?

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Habboxlive decided to run something similar, so we felt it was only needed in one department.

It's something I did enjoy working on though, and I did think it could do well. It would have been great for giving publicity to habbos rooms thus increasing site view hits, and creating a vital link between the site and Habbo.

I *think* that habboxlive have took this off their site/no longer do a room of the week/room review, so it maybe something we could take over again.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Habboxlive decided to run something similar, so we felt it was only needed in one department.

It's something I did enjoy working on though, and I did think it could do well. It would have been great for giving publicity to habbos rooms thus increasing site view hits, and creating a vital link between the site and Habbo.

I *think* that habboxlive have took this off their site/no longer do a room of the week/room review, so it maybe something we could take over again.
    What did it have to do with HabboxLive anyway? It was more to do with News imo. But now that they removed it perhaps you could go for it!

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    What did it have to do with HabboxLive anyway? It was more to do with News imo. But yeah, that they removed it perhaps you could go for it!

No idea, but I think they were choosing a listeners room or something each week, and writing up a full review of it on the habboxlive site.

Yeah it's gone from there now, so I will check with Gemma to make sure, however it's certainly something I'm keen on bringing back.

I will also discuss the option with Jamesy about possibly making a stickied thread in the cool rooms section perhaps, to make sure the forum plays a part in this too.

Before it was more orientated on reviewing the room, however I think making it a "Room of the week" could offer far more publicity and make it more of a special thing for both the site and forum. Would increase links with Habbo, and could be great. Might be offer to whip up some kind of prize too!

So yeah, thanks for brining this back up, as since it was on Hxl I just gave up with this, but I do agree it's something as a department we could look into giving another go, but this time with more focus on promotion, links with the forum and Habbo alike.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    What did it have to do with HabboxLive anyway? It was more to do with News imo. But now that they removed it perhaps you could go for it!
    What do you expect? It's HxL
    I don't know whether it's just me, but I've always thought HxL are really distant from the rest of us - over there on their own site in their own little world with their own stuff to do (now stealing News' idea and giving up on it! ) I don't know if there is a bond between the management but I've never really seen any in the public eye; nonetheless, hopefully it will improve once HabboxLive.com simply becomes Habbox.com

But yeah, I'd like to see the room reviews come back. I think I actually read one or two of them

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    What do you expect? It's HxL
    I don't know whether it's just me, but I've always thought HxL are really distant from the rest of us - over there on their own site in their own little world with their own stuff to do (now stealing News' idea and giving up on it! ) I don't know if there is a bond between the management but I've never really seen any in the public eye; nonetheless, hopefully it will improve once HabboxLive.com simply becomes Habbox.com

But yeah, I'd like to see the room reviews come back. I think I actually read one or two of them
    We started doing it with news and we waited ages for things to be done with it, so we done it ourself. It was a listeners room that got made "Room of the week" a review was posted on it, it was added to the main site and the DJs advertised and used the room sometimes for a party room.

HabboxLive have it's own listeners obviously they need their own stuff on the site to keep them happy as well, since really there wouldn't be somewhere to put it on habbox.

& ur sigs a bit broke on the halloween skin