HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Dropping Music

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Dropping Music

I'm doing my AS's now and chose English Lit, Psychology, History and Music.

Music was always a last minute choice because I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to do and I got an A in my GCSE, but now I'm really regretting it.

There is a huge amount of work I have to put in to even get a C, and tbh I don't think I have the talent to even get that. When I say huge amount, I mean like every break, lunch and after school for at least 1 or 2 months. As it is I only get 2 lunch times at school because I have to go to a different school sometimes, and I barely get to see my friends even now.

It's not just the extra time, but also the fact I have to be practising like 45 minutes a day for something I'm not even passionate about anymore. I like playing music, but tbh its really not got anything to do with what I want to do in life and feels like an utter waste of time and mostly effort.

Last year I had to put in about half the effort into DT of the amount I'll have to put into music, and ended up getting very very very stressed and it was just horrible because I got fairly depressed.

But also there are reasons not to give it up. I feel like I'm just being lazy and for once in my life I actually just need to man up and get on with it. Also the music teacher is an UTTER ***** and will hate me for the rest of my life, and will practically shun me from the music department, which I don't want because I actually love playing music in concerts.

Also, is a bad AS better than no AS? Because there is no chance that my 6th form will let me change to another subject. It's pretty unlikely that they'll let me drop music tbh anyway.

Soooooo basically... is it worth putting huge amounts of effort into a subject I don't like to get an average grade and possibly jeopardize my results for other subjects?

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, I overheard a conversation in my college the other day where this girl wanted to drop spanish for sport.
    Basically, at first she just wanted to drop it because she was shy and didn't want to speak in spanish in the class, but then the teacher who she was talking to had a conversation with her in spanish and she was really good, well imo she was really good because we never had the option of taking spanish.
    Anyway, basically just dropping it because she was shy wasn't that legitimate, the girl went onto saying that she wouldn't use spanish in later life but wishes to persue a career in sport - this made things different, and studied the possible outcomes because as I said she was good at spanish, and the teacher asked if there was any other subject she could drop instead of spanish.

Anyway, I don't know what happened to her, but, if you see where I'm coming from, if you are good at it but not as passionate as you were in the past, then look at alternatives.
    But if you want to drop it as you don't see a future in it then I don't really see a problem as you have thought of different oppurtunities and roads you could take.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's the thing though, there isn't an alternative, I wouldn't be able to take an alternate subject Maybe next year I could take a different AS level though.

but yeah I do get you, like if it's not gonna be any use then there isn't really any pointt. thanks for the help and +rep xx

edit: oh wait I have to spread nooo

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi