HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Forum jobs, fair enough. But I don't see the problem with them becoming staff in other departments as it's nothing to do with the forum so no need to be dedicated to the forum before.

New users will then be put off by jobs as they have to sign up and be active for X amount of time, and will end up applying somewhere else.
    Last edited by Calvin; 17-11-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

staff should be active on the forum anyways

so if they don't know how to work the forum they should be told to **** off.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    Forum jobs, fair enough. But I don't see the problem with them becoming staff in other departments as it's nothing to do with the forum so no need to be dedicated to the forum before.

New users will then be put off by jobs as they have to sign up and be active for X amount of time, and will end up applying somewhere else.
    If the staff are not posting, why the **** would anyone else?

There is only one forum department - and that has six staff members..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

If I had to be a member for a month, I probably wouldn't have applied for HxL. That is my honest answer. I quit habbo, but I came back because I got into HxL.

I can understand why, but to be honest, as someone in the first page said, I'd rather have them come here after a few days on the forum than lose them to another fansite because they can't be bothered to wait.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Skizzling If you aren't going to be dedicated or active on the forums... what are you going to do then?
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    koony

My bad, was referring to The Don's suggestion.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    If the staff are not posting, why the **** would anyone else?

There is only one forum department - and that has six staff members..
    They post now and again, but it is not their problem to post around the forum all the time. Oli has tried to get other members of staff to post more but some don't post as perhaps they don't like it so much so shouldn't be forced.

And you're not forced to post.

@Josh, they should not be forced to post on the forum. Most DJs have other things to do aswell as DJing mind?
    Last edited by Calvin; 17-11-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    If I had to be a member for a month, I probably wouldn't have applied for HxL. That is my honest answer. I quit habbo, but I came back because I got into HxL.

I can understand why, but to be honest, as someone in the first page said, I'd rather have them come here after a few days on the forum than lose them to another fansite because they can't be bothered to wait.
    I differ there, but then again I didn't want to be staff straight away as I hadn't been on a proper Habbo fansite before I had no idea what to expect. I think it was 3 months before I even considered being staff - then it took me five/six months after that to actually become staff for five months.

Also, I sort of agree and disagree. I see staff making 'Welcome' threads and they only have a couple of posts, I don't like that - it reminds me of some fansites where jobs are promised for people and I hated it.
    On the other hand, I thought you could apply for dj on HxL then sign up to the forum, I may be wrong, however, I would like to see HxL dj's active like some are i.e. Robbie, Yuxin, etc (first two names I thought of sorry) and actually getting to know the members because at the end of the day HxL dj's are actual people talking to the listeners that's where it differs from other staff.

However, I don't think a fixed time should be put in place.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In an ideal world, yeah, they should be on the forum, posting, active. However, this can't always be the case. I don't think any manager (Habboxlive, Forum, Competitions etc) would throw away what could potentially be a really good member of staff simply because they're not integrated into the community. We'd encourage that later and 9 times out of 10, they do start to get involved. No point making a new rule for the extra 1/10 imo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In my opinion, this is just like what happened with Apple, regardless of how long he had been on the forum, he got the job (not saying that's a bad thing). The forum manager (can't remember if it was Jamesy) saw potential in him and he was active.
    So again I do not think a rule should be enforced.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast