HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Grades

Tokens

Latest Awards:

they never give A* target grades at my school, i dont know why. but all mine are A's anyway, even though im probs gonna get a B in science.
    you can be my daddy

Tokens
    Habbo
    BlackSpoons

Latest Awards:

All science, C,B,P - B
    English - A
    Maths - A
    ICT - Distinction ( A )
    ICT Functional Skills - A
    Geography - A
    French - B
    RE - A
    Electronics - B

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucy= View Post
    can we please just get one thing straight. it is not hard to get an A* at gcse. also all these a levels what are your subjects because they mean nothing if you take vocational easy subjects.
    Well not for you now, but for people who are doing them first time yes it is hard, and for other people yes it is hard. It's just like saying someone whos done their degree saying its easy to get top mark in a levels. There's so many factors involved in what you have just stated that it is in invalid point. Infact next year I'll probably be saying its easy to get A* at gcse in certain subjects. You can't just make a bold claim.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Well not for you now, but for people who are doing them first time yes it is hard, and for other people yes it is hard. It's just like saying someone whos done their degree saying its easy to get top mark in a levels. There's so many factors involved in what you have just stated that it is in invalid point. Infact next year I'll probably be saying its easy to get A* at gcse in certain subjects. You can't just make a bold claim.
    That's what I was thinking. You're now doing you're A Levels so when you look back you think it's a joke how easy GCSEs are but to someone who's never done them they're hard.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Actually no, they are a joke for people who are smart and can work. I didnt get any because i just, if im honest, cba. I never really felt like GCSEs were a good use of time (which is a bit true), and thus never really cared. I tried for history, which im awful at (got Es in every mock through the entire 2 years, which yes i didnt just sleep through), and got an A. So if you can go from that terrible to that good with just a bit of work, its not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    That's what I was thinking. You're now doing you're A Levels so when you look back you think it's a joke how easy GCSEs are but to someone who's never done them they're hard.
    Im doing A levels now and i think they're a joke. Im doing the supposedly hardest subjects (Maths, further maths, physics and computing). Except for physics (which is unbelievably hard and is no where near a joke), they're all jokes. Without putting work in, im essentially getting As/**, and i consider myself far from a genius.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Actually no, they are a joke for people who are smart and can work. I didnt get any because i just, if im honest, cba. I never really felt like GCSEs were a good use of time (which is a bit true), and thus never really cared. I tried for history, which im awful at (got Es in every mock through the entire 2 years, which yes i didnt just sleep through), and got an A. So if you can go from that terrible to that good with just a bit of work, its not hard.

Im doing A levels now and i think they're a joke. Im doing the supposedly hardest subjects (Maths, further maths, physics and computing). Except for physics (which is unbelievably hard and is no where near a joke), they're all jokes. Without putting work in, im essentially getting As/**, and i consider myself far from a genius.
    I'm standing up for those who don't find GCSEs easy. I've personally found them disgustingly easy and so far in practice exams I haven't got a mark lower than 86% with 100% in history (is that even possible?) and Maths. I took 3 GCSEs exams early (first unit of all 3 sciences) and got an A and two A*s without revising. So yes they are easy to get A* if you're reasonably intelligent, but I know people who revised for hours and got Cs.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Actually no, they are a joke for people who are smart and can work.
    I'm standing up for those who don't find GCSEs easy. I've personally found them disgustingly easy and so far in practice exams I haven't got a mark lower than 86% with 100% in history (is that even possible?) and Maths. I took 3 GCSEs exams early (first unit of all 3 sciences) and got an A and two A*s without revising. So yes they are easy to get A* if you're reasonably intelligent, but I know people who revised for hours and got Cs.
    Thats what i said.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Fair enough to your points, the only one I find challenging is the sciences, and i just cba with biology. The ICT I do is hard, but that's because the teacher keeps telling us the wrong thing so we have to go back and do all the work again, so I guess its time consuming more then hard. The actual work is piss easy though.
    But basically saying gcses are easy from a point where you are past them is like a woman saying you dont know pain until childbirth. Something will be the most of something until they do something harder.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

No when i took my GCSEs because i actually revised instead of being an idiot like "i don't need to and i'll get a C and be done with it" so looking back they're easy and at the time they were easy i think i had one exam i thought i failed and got an A* i never sat in an exam and though wow that was hideous. In some cases, for example History, the exams at AS are easier because it's just 4 essays or whatever whereas GCSE was many questions in two different disciplines.

I know not everyone finds them easy but i am saying in the scheme of things they're aren't megga hard.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Na mate, they are a joke. I got mostly all A's revising the night before. Just stick your head down in the books a month before the exams, study hard and you'll be grand.
    No longer active on here

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast