HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wink Footfall to Hx.com

I don't know the figures, I used to remember when the figures were posted month on month.

I've been thinking recently about my uses of habbox. I first used Habbox for rare values, then I used it for news, then news and rare values.

Over time, I slowly moved onto the forum, while using habbox (at it's peak) for everything from rare watch, to news, the radio... habbox was literally what you used for an improved use of habbo. You were always kept informed, could listen to the latest music and it had accurate rare values--no one else was used but habbox for values.

Over time Habbox it's self has had it's uses phased out by habbo. In no way am I saying most of the departments are redundant, but their uses are a lot less than what they were and habbox has suffered. Footfall has fallen on all of habbox (from what I can imagine and see), and habbox has been in a decline ever since Habbo phased in the marketplace, phased in the 'news', effectively undercutting habbox.

I think habbox is evolving with time, the radio department is on the up and the forum is fighting through. Habbox it's self is suffering. I'll be honest, I have 'used' habbox for about three years!

I was thinking why recently and it's because myself, as a user--it offers me nothing? I no longer 'use' habbo, I no longer enjoy what habbox can offer me because it's redundant habbo tools?

Why aren't habbox offering your more seasoned users something?

I WANT ARTICLES BACK!

I asked Martin recently if I could join as a general news reporter, reporting on different and varied items each week, science, technology, entertainment, politics, the arts... the list is endless? You could have a different article each week in a theme for the month. for instance:

Looking at science: earth, wind, fire, water. how it affects life, what it means to us?

that's off the top of my head but surely you can see what I'm getting at. Habbox should have articles back. It would mean there's something to attract others. You could have a special each week for instance doing a cross survey of... 20 users on the forum asking them a popular topic such as "what did you think of the royal engagement?" then develop into how it may affect us in the time to come, what it may do for our economy.

I know I'm babbling but I always enjoyed articles, I'd definately apply and I think it should be looked into? Please? I mean, dear god can you actually say habbox offers a normal habbox fan something instead of offerings for HABBO? Yes, habbox is founded on habbo but you can't stay in the past. You must accept a hell of a lot of your users are dedicated non-habbo users? think if they each went onto habbox once each week and used it again--wouldn't that be a breath of life?
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

I agree, making articles both habbo and non habbo related is a great idea. I would definetaly go on habbox.com to view them (If they were decent that is. )
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i thought the title said football. ill leave now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Agreed I think some of the main selling points for habbox 3 or 4 years ago are now faded out by various habbo features and therefore we need attract people who don't necessarily play habbo and this is one way to do it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

foot fall is a term used in sales/retail. it's effectively the people the enter your store. When you first enter you're normally counted in most retail stores, river island do it. then they work out their conversion from browsing-to-sale. And that joke was seriously in no way funny .

I think with a good team articles could be something different. It could be popular, enjoyed by most. By all means not everyone will agree but why do people buy newspapers? why do people buy magazines? to keep up-to-date, to stay in the know and of course for enjoyment!

I was thinking more moving away from habbo.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrels View Post
    i thought the title said football. ill leave now.
    lol so did I

I was in the articles department when it closed and it was a shame to see it go but I can understand why it went. I agree that the news department should try and do more articles rather than relaying news but I also know there is huge efforts from the news manager and staff to improve this. Good luck to them

PS. Although I disagree with trying to get the non-Habbo crowd. The non-Habbo crowd comes naturally when the Habbo crowd you bring to the site leave Habbo and (hopefully) stay at Habbox. Habbo should always be the main place for attracting users. It gives the site, forum and radio a base to work on, a target audience to work with and taking that away makes everything look messy imo.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 22-11-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Casanova - Head of the new habbox articles team.

I really hope though that this idea of articles is at least considered.
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no no no. I don't think it should be merged to the news department. I think that we should have two separate departments because they're in no way joined? Yes, the news department could do articles on habbo, like dan done on rare values and the rare markets.

To merge them isn't the right way to go, sorry. Martin already said no.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was in the articles department when it closed and they closed it because people weren't reading.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes, articles did die because they weren't all that good. No offense to -wolverine.

Well, if habbo users are attracted to habbox for habbo, that leaves nothing for dedicated habbox users? It's not as if while browsing habbo users won't use articles? I'm saying this is to add to what habbox already have. It will improve footfall if we offer more for habbox users and not just habbo?

By all means make other suggestions, this is mines guys. I only want habbox to do the best it can .
    better?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast