HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Default Battle of the DJs

Hey!

I'm not sure if I suggested this before, probably to Jess/Scotty but I would really like to see the return of Battle Of The DJs. Basically, there was four teams ran by Head DJs but perhaps now you can do two Head DJs and two Senior DJs. The teams were:

Basically they all hold events, competitions, giveaways and whoever gets the most users in the group wins. But anyway, although it won't be the same it's worth a try because it'll get plenty of users involved and coming to Habbox.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

I like the idea but I don't like the groups joining thing because it's basically "who has the most furni to giveaway" will win...because they'll just do giveaways every day ;l

I think maybe with the new DJ feedback system coming in V6 it could be done where the DJ is scored and then the scores for each team is added up. That would be better.

If not then it would have to be something like a vote at the end of a week/fortnight of DJing, who they think the best team is, because as I said if you have a team who all have several thrones & loads of furni against a team with not much furni in the group idea...who's going to win? The team with loads of furni ofc.

Or if you were to use groups...they could be limited to 1 giveaway per DJ..or something? Because otherwise as I said it's not Battle of the DJs it's Battle of the richest.

But I see where you're coming from, it would be good to get new people
    Last edited by Conservative,; 07-12-2010 at 06:53 PM.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

i really like this idea, it'd be easy to put everyone into teams so i'd like to see this happen hopefully Gemma will agree and you'll see a return.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Ohhhhh I was in team ready-t and made it win back in good ol' '07.

This was not a battle of the DJs. This was the international extravaganza where DJs spread HxL internationally through a series of events and competitions on various hotels and the HxW forums. Jess knows all about this ;].

Similar things have happened after, known as the DJ challenges.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I remember when this happened a couple of years ago or so ago. It was a really fun time, and made the radio more interesting

I'd be up for it and I'm sure rules could be put in place to stop cheating and bribery. As long as the groups are fair e.g. equal amount of DJs from each sub-group and rules restricting giveaways etc.

Even though, its all about events really and making the radio more exciting!

Hopefully, we might see a rise in listeners.
    Jordan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    Ohhhhh I was in team ready-t and made it win back in good ol' '07.

This was not a battle of the DJs. This was the international extravaganza where DJs spread HxL internationally through a series of events and competitions on various hotels and the HxW forums. Jess knows all about this ;].

Similar things have happened after, known as the DJ challenges.
    Haha yeah, wasn't sure on the name so that was more appropiate than anything.