HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    I am not saying it is major, I just thought that super moderators are just that. Moderators.
    Super Moderators are far more than just moderators. Within the department they act as the main point of contact between forum management and moderators, because there's two of us and a lot of forums, moderators and issues that arise each day. As well as investigation, banning and lots and lots of "paper" work to do.

they're separated into different ranks for a very good reason, one we found out pretty sharpish when we tried that new system.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Hayleigh,

Latest Awards:

They could have yellow ...
    And btw im not saying super mods are powerless because they really do have power they just cant do perms bleh bleh etc
    Ouft is a LOSER Happy Now

Living in Danube's Tank....

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    and then they read their usertitle and all is fine again.

Only an idiot would be so silly
    Indeed. It's all well and good saying "They'll see the red and assume power" (which is bizarre in itself), but they'd understand the red colour will mean something when they bother to read the user title underneath. That's like suggesting someone who has never seen a Swastika or the wars associated will immediately assume it is evil. It's illogical.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    Super Moderators are far more than just moderators. Within the department they act as the main point of contact between forum management and moderators, because there's two of us and a lot of forums, moderators and issues that arise each day. As well as investigation, banning and lots and lots of "paper" work to do.

they're separated into different ranks for a very good reason, one we found out pretty sharpish when we tried that new system.
    Ultimately what is the job of a super moderator?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    Ultimately what is the job of a super moderator?
    - Mentor moderators / trialists.
    - Correct moderators where mistakes are made
    - Moderate
    - Investigate
    - Ban

I'm presuming you want to pick out "moderate" as the over arching thing, which yes is true. However they do so much more to warrant the red name as I have highlighted in my two previous posts.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This will not happen, why?

Well I'll start by highlighting that ideally Forum Super Moderators should be the first contact point for a member of the forum with a query, they can do 80% of the things an administrator can do (in terms of what a user would need). By them having a red name it highlights them as important alongside Forum Management as that is what Super Moderators do, they work alongside Forum Management to make the forum run smoothly, afterall if there is a Moderator decision that needs reversing (which is the reason behind about 70% of complaints) then the Super Moderator can do this.

This is why they have the same colour name and will remain with the same colour name.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

It's not as important that a member recognizes a moderator. It is important that a member recognizes a Super Moderator. If there are serious forum-related issues, they look for a red name. If there are issues to be brought to management, they look for a bright green name. The color reminds them, as they come across the name in various threads or on the online list, that the specific user is a user with some power who they can access if need be.

Also, in times of crisis, they can be easily picked off the online list. If there is a forum emergency, a Forum Super Moderator can deal with most things an Admin can, and since SMods are required to be visible and admins are not, they are a viable option even if the fix requires an admin. If the problem has to do with the site, members can look for a lime green name. In short, I don't see much of a reason to change it, I do see a reason to keep it.

That said, I think it was a good idea to bring it up, and have it discussed. I just disagree
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123